Author Topic: Pointless Memories  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Kavik

Pointless Memories
« on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 15:43:43 »
It's weird the things one remembers. I have a number of memories in which nothing particularly memorable happened throughout the years.

For example, I remember one particularly boring Saturday around 1995 or 1996. It was a cloudy day, but one of those cloudy days in which the sky is a little pink and everything else has a yellow hue to it. It has just drizzled a bit because the asphalt was slightly wet, and I was riding my bike around the neighborhood, thinking it was a really boring day. That's all there is to it.

Memories like this occasionally sprout up, and I wonder why my brain holds onto these.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Pointless Memories
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 16:44:43 »
Perhaps your receptors or your perception was slowed enough that your brain was able to retain the details better since it wasn't overstimulated that day, so you remember in clarity even though it may have been uneventful. Stop and smell the roses and all that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 18:58:27 »
Something extremely traumatic happened on those days.

Your human brain was not able to handle it, it repressed sections of the events,  ending in it being memorable but for reasons unknown.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 19:24:45 »
I remember parts of really old bad movies I've seen.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 12:35:32 »
Something extremely traumatic happened on those days.

Your human brain was not able to handle it, it repressed sections of the events,  ending in it being memorable but for reasons unknown.

It's all coming back to me now. I came upon a house with the front door ajar. I walked in and found an entire family murdered. The police were never called, and no one ever spoke of it. Just another boring Saturday.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.