Author Topic: Glue topre slider housings?  (Read 2082 times)

Offline ZyBeR

Glue topre slider housings?
« on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 16:47:43 »
I'm cleaning, lubing and installing silencing rings in my Novatouch. I noticed that the slider housings are slightly lose, would it be good or bad to add a little glue so they get fixated?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Glue topre slider housings?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 16:59:54 »
if it's moving alot, you could try some hot glue maybe,  I wouldn't use anything permanent.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 19:26:58 »
I don't think it would have any negative impact to be honest.  Normally it's snap in so in case of anything breaks / gets damaged so you can swap out the parts and replace it.

But out of all the Topre boards I own nothing ever breaks so I'd imagine it will most likely be fine.

Who knows, maybe it will help making the board feel sturdier by removing any wobbles from the housing.  Though no one has ever done it yet so you'd be the first lol.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline spiceBar

• ChessTiger.com
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 06:02:39 »
It is normal for some housings to be slightly lose, especially the large ones.

This is normally only noticeable when the plate is disassembled from the PCB. When the PCB is put back and all the screws are correctly tightened, the housings do not move anymore.

If, however, they are still moving a little bit, instead of glue you could just use a little bit of thick grease, between the plate and the housing. This will stop them from making any noise, and at least the mod is not permanent.

Offline Riverman

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 18:47:07 »
This is normally only noticeable when the plate is disassembled from the PCB. When the PCB is put back and all the screws are correctly tightened, the housings do not move anymore.
That's exactly what I noticed when disassembling both a Type Heaven and a Realforce RGB, but even more so on the RGB.  The housings rattled around like nobody's business, but when it was reassembled, they were nice and tight.  There's a reason they use so many screws on those things.

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 12:33:45 »
Try to dip it in Flexseal!

No really, it shouldn't matter.

Just leave them like they are, it shouldn't make a difference one way or another.

Wouldn't risk it!

Offline jamestiptonw

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 01:38:07 »
It is normal for some housings to be slightly lose, especially the large ones. This is normally only noticeable when the plate is disassembled from the PCB.

Mine is slightly lose but I discovered it only recently. No worries!