Author Topic: A month and a half in and no delivery  (Read 5052 times)

Offline nlak

A month and a half in and no delivery
« on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 11:19:09 »
I jumped in on the Ducky YoTD group buy in _NOVEMBER_ but am yet to receive anything.

Payment confirmed 26th November, last update on tracking is December 10th.

I have seen another thread here about something that took too long but this is getting pretty nuts. I ordered this thing as an EARLY Christmas present and still waiting. Imsto says its on the way still.

Looking for reassurance from other customers that I shouldn't worry (or should I?).

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: A month and a half in and no delivery
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 11:22:13 »
Well, I've never bought from Imsto, but he has a very good reputation around here for a reason. I don't know, but if the last update was December 10th, you may want to contact the courier.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 11:35:47 »
I wouldn't blame imsto but the courier. China doesn't have the best postal service. In fact the slowest I've ever experienced :/
I love Elzy

Offline csimi

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 12:26:33 »
Probably the holiday season.
I got tracking info for my keycaps on nov 29 and they just arrived today. No tracking updates for a month.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 00:38:32 »
IMSTO is great, he always gets the right stuff the to right person.  He can't help the slowness of the mail.  Just be patient and I'm sure you'll get your stuff.  If not, I'm sure IMSTO will make it right.  I got 3 sets of thick PBT caps from him last year, (and a set of POM jellies too as I recall) and I remember it seemed like it took forever, so just hang in there.  As you approach 60+ days though, maybe send him a PM asking what's up.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Sai

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 01:02:37 »
don't worry. just check the chinese website that imsto gave you. and also check your country po website. it will help with the info.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 01:20:34 »
I dare say it's just stupidly slow due to the time of year.. Took me near a month to get a simple keypuller in the mail from China before, and that wasn't even in the silly season.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline nlak

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 09:32:38 »
Seems like the package has finally hit my local post after over a month of no tracking updates. Looks like I will get it today or tomorrow. It's a shame from the gift angle but I am glad it was not lost.

There are a bunch of things I want from the store but these timelines are pretty crazy =/

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 10:07:36 »
Maybe it was just due to the time of year you ordered it?
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline Sai

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 22:07:47 »
Maybe it was just due to the time of year you ordered it?
i can say this is the reason with 90% confidence. I once had my package stuck somewhere in Thai or SG for a month with no info when that time around was new year period.
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline nlak

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 16:28:10 »
Just to update, I received a very well packaged box and finally got the board in perfect condition.

Can anyone share expected delivery time if I were to order some more things now? I would ask IMSTO but last time he told me 4-6 days lol :P

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 16:29:45 »
Just to update, I received a very well packaged box and finally got the board in perfect condition.

Can anyone share expected delivery time if I were to order some more things now? I would ask IMSTO but last time he told me 4-6 days lol :P

I have ordered a few things from imsto and from qtan, and I find it generally is faster than most things I get from the US! Then again, that was when I was in Ottawa, living further up north may change that by a bit now.

Offline Octane

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 15:09:07 »
I've ordered from Imsto and find that delivery time to Canada is about a month - give or take - but he is very reliable. I think packages get held up at Canadian customs - mine usually look opened and checked. We don't seem too picky about the people we let in, but there will be NO unauthorized keycaps allowed !!

Offline Vectivus

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 16:20:31 »
I've ordered from Imsto and find that delivery time to Canada is about a month - give or take - but he is very reliable. I think packages get held up at Canadian customs - mine usually look opened and checked. We don't seem too picky about the people we let in, but there will be NO unauthorized keycaps allowed !!

Getting stuff past Canadian customs sucks. I have four inbound packages (two are keycaps :P ), and I'll be surprised if any one of them arrives in under a month from the date of order.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 16:27:19 »
Speaking of shipping from China. I ordered some stuff from Taobao through Qtan on Sunday, showed up today. Crazy fast shipping. Was with DHL shipping though, that may make a difference.

Offline imsto

• imsto.cn
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 10:15:53 »
yeah   shipping with DHL, fedex, ems, ups will be fast.  the post office shipping will be very slow, sometimes it's slow to 1 month.
imsto.cn
imsto's AiKB Taobao Shop
IBM Model M*3, IBM M13,M5, IBM with balls.Cherry   3000  3494 3700 4100*6 700*2 11900 8113 DAS4 TG3 KBC PokerDucky09Ducky1087 apple pink alps Ducky bull,tiger,rabbit,dragon version No:0000002

Offline Lunartuna

• Good bye money!
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 10:50:31 »

Getting stuff past Canadian customs sucks. I have four inbound packages (two are keycaps :P ), and I'll be surprised if any one of them arrives in under a month from the date of order.

Right? I ordered some keycaps, shipped from Chicago. A guy in Denmark got his caps while I'm still waiting. Shipped at the same time. ****ing Denmark... I'm moving.
Shine 2 TKL - Choc Mini