Author Topic: (GB) RAINDROP ROUND 2 with Cherry legends (NEW UPDATE 04/09/18) please read  (Read 2309731 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: (GB) RAINDROP ROUND 2 with Cherry legends (taking orders)
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 05:43:19 »
oh why must this come out so soon? :(
no breathing space for my wallet!

Welcome to Geekhack!

First post and an empty wallet already? ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 06:30:43 »
RainDrop is better.  Far better icons and text/number juxtapositioning as well as the choice of blue which was selected.

If you want Vortex they're already available off Ebay so go to it.  But if you want a perfectly designed Colourway done by professionals - that will last for years then BunnyLake's Group Buy is the one.

I don't have a Blue & White colourway hence I'm in, no matter what (even if that foul Win8 logo shows itself  >:( ).

So praying it won't be ............

Merry Christmas to everyone here, I hope you all get what you truly want for this year  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 December 2013, 06:33:08 by Elrick »

Offline leeminwoo

• A87 custom keyboard
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 09:02:31 »
oh why must this come out so soon? :(
no breathing space for my wallet!

Welcome to Geekhack!

First post and an empty wallet already? ;)

I buy a lot of products in South Korea Geekhack.  :(

Offline justnits

« Reply #403 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 09:11:58 »
vortex's font alignment is still not standardized.
they are thick pbt doubleshot but it's OEM profile.
it's very hard for me to go back to OEM profile after tasted Cherry profile and SP's dcs...
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline SpecTP

« Reply #404 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 05:13:47 »
got my order in too.  got the invoice and sent the paypal.

Offline gwonho

« Reply #405 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 07:36:36 »
orderd!

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #406 on: Fri, 27 December 2013, 08:52:50 »
ordered! waiting on invoice :)

Offline Forever

« Reply #407 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 12:04:24 »
awesome :)

Offline tadbitnerdy

« Reply #408 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 12:29:41 »
Paid!  Waiting on keycaps :P

Offline ImClueless

« Reply #409 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 22:17:43 »
Just realized I was invoiced :P Paid good sir.

Offline tradet

« Reply #410 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 14:18:47 »
Ooh this looks nice!

Is that a 1.25x split enter key in the tsangan kit I see there? Would that make the GH60 max keys layout possible? In that case what sets would I need?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #411 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 14:27:43 »
Ooh this looks nice!

Is that a 1.25x split enter key in the tsangan kit I see there? Would that make the GH60 max keys layout possible? In that case what sets would I need?

yeah that is there for a hhkb style layout which is what i use myself
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #412 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 14:42:08 »
What is the quality of these keycaps (and similar SP group guys) compared to e.g. imsto PBT? I ask because I've never used anything except for stock, ****ty, thin ABS and imsto thick PBT – I'm seriously considering getting in on this GB, but I don't want to have to immediately resell them because I'm used to different quality. (For all I know though, these feel better than imsto PBT; I know that some people do prefer ABS.)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #413 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 14:51:53 »
What is the quality of these keycaps (and similar SP group guys) compared to e.g. imsto PBT? I ask because I've never used anything except for stock, ****ty, thin ABS and imsto thick PBT – I'm seriously considering getting in on this GB, but I don't want to have to immediately resell them because I'm used to different quality. (For all I know though, these feel better than imsto PBT; I know that some people do prefer ABS.)

It's basically all about preference sir, and nobody can decide what you like other than yourself, lots of people will jump in on one side or the other for you, my honest opinion is I like different types of keys on diff boards of mine

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #414 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 15:02:51 »

It's basically all about preference sir, and nobody can decide what you like other than yourself, lots of people will jump in on one side or the other for you, my honest opinion is I like different types of keys on diff boards of mine

I most certainly agree. I should have phrased the question differently: Can anyone compare these to imsto PBT and the thin, stock ABS that you'll find on a QFR, for example?

My experience with the thin ABS is that it feels cheap and kind of slick, even with a very small amount of use and clean hands. Bottoming out is a distinctly high-pitch "clack". Imsto PBT feels very lightly textured and dry, almost if it had a very slight rubberized texture to it. They're comparably quite heavy, and bottoming out produces a much more satisfying "thunk".

Offline eosph

« Reply #415 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 15:41:26 »
Damnit broke down and bought a set.

Offline DarkIrish

« Reply #416 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 00:54:46 »
how often are you sending out the invoices?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #417 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 09:53:04 »
how often are you sending out the invoices?

i do them every few days or so, but pay anytime before deadline

Offline Moomoo

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 31 December 2013, 18:53:42 »
TAKE MA MONEY NAO!!!

Offline eosph

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 12:33:13 »
Paid, thanks for running this Bunnylake, can't wait to get my hands on them

Offline Guillairmo

« Reply #420 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 15:41:31 »
Just placed my order, thx Bunny (:

Offline Tasty

« Reply #421 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 18:16:26 »
Any way to change my order after paying? I accidentally selected a blue ISO set instead of the white one.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 18:17:24 »
Any way to change my order after paying? I accidentally selected a blue ISO set instead of the white one.
I would advise PM'ing Bunny because he may not see it here.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline genkidama

« Reply #423 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 18:19:47 »
I would advise PM'ing Bunny because he may not see it here.

And I bet it should still be possible as he won't ship them right now.
I also PM'ed him and he is very helpful, a very pleasent guy :)
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #424 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 19:22:40 »

yeah i can do that for you, i have a vague memory that you pmd me already but i read it on a mobile device when i was out and may have missed replying when i got home, i will get that amended for you my end tomorrow

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #425 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 20:44:37 »
Loving these caps. Waiting on my paycheque to order. If anything is sold out I'll literally uproot trees.

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #426 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 20:51:34 »
Loving these caps. Waiting on my paycheque to order. If anything is sold out I'll literally uproot trees.

Considering these are being made to order I don't think you have anything to worry about. :P

Also, invoices are going out periodically but won't need to be paid until the end of January. So you can place your order and then pay the invoice later.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 20:51:44 »

I expect proof
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Tasty

« Reply #428 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 04:18:36 »

yeah i can do that for you, i have a vague memory that you pmd me already but i read it on a mobile device when i was out and may have missed replying when i got home, i will get that amended for you my end tomorrow

Awesome, thanks a lot Bunny!

Offline EvilOliv3

« Reply #429 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 09:01:01 »
My first time participating in a GB. These look awesome, ordered a set of the 30 white alphas.

Offline distel

« Reply #430 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 01:12:01 »
If nothing unexpected happens I will order on the last day or second last day of GB.
Those blue mods will look sexy with my blue on gray cherry dyesubs harvested from a Gabriele 7007L

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #431 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 09:32:48 »
If nothing unexpected happens I will order on the last day or second last day of GB.
Those blue mods will look sexy with my blue on gray cherry dyesubs harvested from a Gabriele 7007L

You can order now and pay then, that might be easier.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #432 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 11:03:07 »
Hey does anyone have a picture of these with LED backlighting? Curious to see if the light shines through or not, thanks!!
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #433 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 11:05:23 »
Hey does anyone have a picture of these with LED backlighting? Curious to see if the light shines through or not, thanks!!

It's SP, the light will come through.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #434 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 11:06:00 »
Ordered and paid, thanks Bunny for running this.

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #435 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 11:10:36 »

Well the reason why I ask was I just got the LoL QWER key set which is SP ABS-- backlight shines through the red keys but not the blue ones.

So still if anyone has pics, I'm interested!

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #436 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 11:23:01 »
Well the reason why I ask was I just got the LoL QWER key set which is SP ABS-- backlight shines through the red keys but not the blue ones.

This exact set hasn't been made yet, so what you'll want to do is make a thread asking for someone to post pictures of Round 1, with backlight and it will probably have a good idea of what it will look like for you.

Offline skuko

« Reply #437 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 12:10:33 »
do you guys have a precise comparison between DCS and cherry profiles? i'm asking because cherry profiled keys grind on my filco stabilizer wires, so i was wondering whether DCS is a little taller than cherry. i know it's probably a little smaller than OEM profile (filco stock caps)

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #438 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 15:34:46 »

This exact set hasn't been made yet, so what you'll want to do is make a thread asking for someone to post pictures of Round 1, with backlight and it will probably have a good idea of what it will look like for you.

Here's my round 1 Raindrop on a Poker 2. IInm, it's on the highest brightness. If not probably around middle brightness ?
Light won't go through the blue mods, only the white alphas.  ;D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline DarkIrish

« Reply #439 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 19:00:28 »
Can you combine two orders i decided to come back and order more.

Offline Rea

« Reply #440 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 13:03:58 »
Does somebody knows how much shipping to EU will be?
I will buy no matter what shipping is but it's nice to know (I just need to get a Keyboard for this ;))

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #441 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 13:11:22 »
Does somebody knows how much shipping to EU will be?
I will buy no matter what shipping is but it's nice to know (I just need to get a Keyboard for this ;))

15 dollars

Offline Rea

« Reply #442 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 13:49:26 »
Thanks for the fast reply :)

Offline MsYutai

« Reply #443 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 18:54:24 »

Show Image

Here's my round 1 Raindrop on a Poker 2. IInm, it's on the highest brightness. If not probably around middle brightness ?
Light won't go through the blue mods, only the white alphas.  ;D

Thank you sir! Those leds are awesome also.  :thumb:

Offline EvilOliv3

« Reply #444 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 21:39:20 »

I place an order a couple days ago, when can I expect the email invoice for payment?

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #445 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 00:23:07 »

I place an order a couple days ago, when can I expect the email invoice for payment?

Invoices come in waves. You'll probably get one within 7ish days. Payment isn't due until the end of the group buy.

Offline EvilOliv3

« Reply #446 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 00:43:46 »

Invoices come in waves. You'll probably get one within 7ish days. Payment isn't due until the end of the group buy.

ah I see, thanks for the clarification.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #447 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 04:26:26 »
Ordered finally.
I love Elzy

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #448 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 08:19:54 »
@Bunny, do you have a ball-park cost for 1.5u Apple Command symbols?
I'm guessing it's a lot, sadly.

http://www.applegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/command.png

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #449 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 08:25:27 »
@Bunny, do you have a ball-park cost for 1.5u Apple Command symbols?
I'm guessing it's a lot, sadly.

http://www.applegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/command.png

its basically nothing, we already have the legend

ill add it to my list of things to add based on numbers etc