Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 870555 times)

Offline micmil

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #4600 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 19:37:45 »
I'm slowly winding down my Path of Exile addiction. I hardly played at all this league. Maybe 30-40 hours.
The past week or so I've been going back through all of The Room series. They're sort of "escape room" type games but with an underlying Lovecraftian horror storyline.
But more than anything else I've been wasting time in Minecraft the past month or so.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4601 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 20:21:30 »
I started Mafia 2 again, the remastered version. Love to drive around in old car in a snow:)
Once I finish this, I will play remastered version of Mafia 1 - never played first part, only second, so this will be fun, as I read that remastered version is amazing.

There's some awesome mods for the original Mafia II that retool the entire city and basically make it play more like GTA

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #4602 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 02:37:30 »
I started Mafia 2 again, the remastered version. Love to drive around in old car in a snow:)
Once I finish this, I will play remastered version of Mafia 1 - never played first part, only second, so this will be fun, as I read that remastered version is amazing.

There's some awesome mods for the original Mafia II that retool the entire city and basically make it play more like GTA

What those mods do? Give you freedom of roaming around?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline stoicbias

« Reply #4603 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 16:44:41 »
Going through the HALO games on Steam right now (I'm on 3 ODST).  I just got an Oculus Quest 2 I want to start playing more as well, including playing the HALO games in "VR."

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4604 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 20:06:02 »
I beat going under today

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4605 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 15:39:00 »

I have been thinking of doing the same. Mafia 2 was particularly special to me because I was running the disk version from a hard drive on a 360 I JTAGed. lol. I never played the first one either. The remasters all came out literally as I was finally getting around to play through 3, and that game was great too.

In what ways do they make it more like GTA? When I first played Mafia 2, my thoughts were the reverse. I thought that GTA should be more like Mafia, since the cops weren't magical omniscient beings. Pursuits actually made some modicum of sense.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4606 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 09:51:09 »
Seeing some chatter for Dyson Sphere Program.

Watched on youtube,  / Isn't this the same thing as Cookie Clicker w/ Space 3D graphics ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4607 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 16:44:15 »

What those mods do? Give you freedom of roaming around?

Just looked on NexusMods and they all seem broken now? idk what's going on there.
There were a few full-game overhauls but most seem to be gone now, maybe not compatible with the rerelease? Only one I found still up was Life In Empire Bay overhaul and that may not even work with the new M2 ver

Offline retoid

« Reply #4608 on: Thu, 04 March 2021, 10:54:47 »
Been playing Subnautica: Below Zero lately and it's really good so far.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4609 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 18:29:12 »
Going to play Little Nightmares II with my daughter this weekend.
We played first part and loved it.
This time it says its twice as long, so we'll have more fun with it:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline BeauxGnar

« Reply #4610 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 08:10:29 »
PUBG, 3100 hours and counting, just grinding and grinding.

Have been getting back into CS after not playing for almost 20 years.

On the off chance I play something with my IRL friends its usually some survival game like Valheim for an hour or two then back FPS games.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4611 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 13:06:50 »
I've started playing League of Legends a lot lately. I want to start participating in the championship, but I understand that my account is not that high.

Good luck with that rabbit hole. I used to play that game, but the mixture of the toxic player base, terrible matchmaking, the sheer amount of bugs that make the client and game both a barely functional mess, and the fact that I just wasn't having fun anymore, pushed me away from it. I uninstalled it about 4-5 months ago, probably more, and I've been legitimately happier since then than I was in the years of playing that game I have under my belt.

Also, to keep the thread on-topic, I've recently started Hollow Knight for the first time. Damn good game.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 March 2021, 13:21:10 by alertArchitect »

Offline phinix

« Reply #4612 on: Mon, 15 March 2021, 20:03:29 »
Started new Hitman 3. Graphics are amazing, compared to old ones.
Used to play them all apart from last one. Now Hitman 3 came out few months ago, I thought I would give it a go.

Offline SnorlaxMuc

• New to the Scene :)
« Reply #4613 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 05:54:18 »
Well im a big Nintendo guy so i play MK8 alot lately, but i also game on PC !
for example i Play LOL or CS, but i really like dragon quest it is one if my two favourite Game series besides ZELDA :)
havent played TF2 yet but i know the animations ! :D
Snorlax from Munich :D

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4614 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 09:21:48 »
On my PC, been playing some Halo with friends, and I just started DMC 5 for the first time last night. Getting back into that series is damn fun!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4615 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 13:48:45 »
Just finished up an online game of Civ6 the other night that took about 2 months to complete. Not really a game suited to multiplayer.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4616 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 16:21:23 »
Just finished up an online game of Civ6 the other night that took about 2 months to complete. Not really a game suited to multiplayer.

Ah, a game about as suited to active online play as trying to set up a virtual WH40K Apocalypse battle. Yeah, turn-based strategy is more fun to me than RTS, but it is bad if you want to do a quick game, specifically. That's why my turn based battles are usually in Fire Emblem or something similar, where it's single player!

Offline LeoDiCappuccino

« Reply #4617 on: Fri, 19 March 2021, 04:34:57 »
Right now, I'm kind of obsessed with a game called Monster Sanctuary. It's a monster tamer side scroller and it's so good with an amazing soundtrack.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4618 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 10:31:21 »
Started playing SKUL The hero slayer and finished my first win in downwell

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4619 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 15:45:50 »
Started new Hitman 3. Graphics are amazing, compared to old ones.
Used to play them all apart from last one. Now Hitman 3 came out few months ago, I thought I would give it a go.

I just finally started Hitman "2" because "3" was coming out. I think most of the hesitation was, and still is, that nothing I did in 2016 really carries over. I would have to spend dozens of hours again to get close to the unlocks I had in the first game. At least it carries over from "2"

"2" looks basically identical to 2016 to me, which is fine. They changed "3" that much?

Offline Ferb479

« Reply #4620 on: Tue, 23 March 2021, 16:03:59 »
Man one of my favorite games is Sims 4. But I also play GTA 5, pokemon series & skyrim etc.
I usually play games with cheat codes & gamingcanine.com
 is a great source for cheat codes, game guides & walkthroughs.

Offline Shorle

« Reply #4621 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 17:40:45 »
I just installed Diablo 2 LOD again and am putting some hours into it. When I want some FPS I load up Escape from Tarkov. L

Offline Merfus

« Reply #4622 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 05:17:56 »
I love native mount and blade warband and mods. I recently started playing bannerlord and was surprised to find that there are no global mods for game. Why does anyone know?

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4623 on: Mon, 29 March 2021, 06:58:47 »
Oops! all downwell!

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4624 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 14:36:37 »
I love native mount and blade warband and mods. I recently started playing bannerlord and was surprised to find that there are no global mods for game. Why does anyone know?

That game is still in development. Knowing TaleWorlds, there's no saying when it will actually see a final release.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4625 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 05:05:12 »
Finished first run in skul the hero slayer

Offline Andrew_Debbie

« Reply #4626 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 12:19:11 »
FS Economy with X-Plane 11
Hearthstone

Just came back to Diablo III after a long time off.

Offline econeuler

« Reply #4627 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 16:06:56 »
I played Factorio on occasion. But since switching to Colemak a while back I just haven't gotten into remapping the game.

I guess I should program in a qwerty layer for gaming, is that the most common way?

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4628 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 21:10:21 »
Started Borderlands 2, never finished that. So trying to get through it now.
Also started The Division 2 again with some friends, apparently there is a new expansion out.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4629 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 08:32:40 »

I actually liked that one, to an extent. I found the first one pretty bland/boring.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4630 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 08:37:18 »
BorderLands 2 was the best in the series, 3 not bad since you get more interaction from some of the best characters from 2 but still falls short imo. 

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4631 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 08:53:26 »

I actually liked that one, to an extent. I found the first one pretty bland/boring.
Yeah I'm thoroughly enjoying it as well.
Humor is excellent in it so far.

BorderLands 2 was the best in the series, 3 not bad since you get more interaction from some of the best characters from 2 but still falls short imo. 
I have the third as well. But I've heard very mixed things about it. Don't know if I even want to start that now.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4632 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 11:51:41 »
I have the third as well. But I've heard very mixed things about it. Don't know if I even want to start that now.

Most of the complaints I've heard regarding Borderlands 3 are in regards to some of the writing, story, and behind the scenes stuff, so... Wouldn't be too much a deal breaker for me, if I were to get the game and play it. My main thing when I'm in a Borderlands mood is that I just want a good looter shooter at the core, and the writing is just a bonus that's never been the top of its class. Most of the fun of Borderlands to me is in the interactions you have with your friends playing co-op when you get into some of the situations in the games, not necessarily the actual writing or scenarios themselves.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4633 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 14:09:14 »

Most of the complaints I've heard regarding Borderlands 3 are in regards to some of the writing, story, and behind the scenes stuff, so... Wouldn't be too much a deal breaker for me, if I were to get the game and play it. My main thing when I'm in a Borderlands mood is that I just want a good looter shooter at the core, and the writing is just a bonus that's never been the top of its class. Most of the fun of Borderlands to me is in the interactions you have with your friends playing co-op when you get into some of the situations in the games, not necessarily the actual writing or scenarios themselves.

Is that really all of the hubub about 3? The writing? Since when did Borderlands ever have a good plot? It was always about the jokes and gameplay. I don't remember anybody ever caring that Halo's plots suck. Very few shooters have good ones.

I hope that's not another Mass Effect Andromeda where a few reviewers picked apart the facial animations (which were never good in Mass Effect), starting a tidal wave of a hate train based literally only on that, ignoring all of the great things about the game. I played that game before any patches, and it was perfectly fine. Bioware fixed all of the "problems" and nobody cared anyway. I still wish they would make a sequel to continue the story. I want to know what happened to the rest of the Arks.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4634 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 15:55:02 »

Is that really all of the hubub about 3? The writing? Since when did Borderlands ever have a good plot? It was always about the jokes and gameplay. I don't remember anybody ever caring that Halo's plots suck. Very few shooters have good ones.

I hope that's not another Mass Effect Andromeda where a few reviewers picked apart the facial animations (which were never good in Mass Effect), starting a tidal wave of a hate train based literally only on that, ignoring all of the great things about the game. I played that game before any patches, and it was perfectly fine. Bioware fixed all of the "problems" and nobody cared anyway. I still wish they would make a sequel to continue the story. I want to know what happened to the rest of the Arks.

To be fair, there's a lot of other reasons people don't want to support Borderlands 3, primarily the forced exclusivity to Epic Games for a year and some of the ****ty stuff that happened at Gearbox behind the scenes. From what I hear, other than some of the character mechanics that not everyone enjoys, it seems like a solid game with below-average writing - in other words, a third Borderlands game. I may get it, I may not, either way most AAA games made now tend to at least be decent barring some fairly rare exceptions. They're too expensive to not at least be something ok.

Anyway, getting back on topic, I've been playing Outriders recently. It's definitely fun, and it's been years since I've experienced cover-based shooter gameplay done well, but honestly some of the bugs and glitches that can cause game-crashing problems kinda hurt the ability to play with friends, like it's built around. It's still fun, and my friends and I are certainly going to continue playing because it's a live service game launch. Those never go perfectly.

Offline DELLA KEY

• Formerly 'AFA STUDIO'
« Reply #4635 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 21:25:07 »
Only League of Legends! But these days I'm interested in PlayStation games!

Offline Alga

« Reply #4636 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 06:14:57 »
I'm still hitting strong World of Tanks. Now its Battle Pass season, so its going to be a couple of months of grinding making daylies. Some times it feels a bit like an obligation to play it but it's a hell of a rush when you know you are playing well.

I am also going through Jedi Fallen Order, which I'm enjoying slowly, and Death Stranding on the backburner.

Lately I'm considering to get Satisfactory to have something that is slowly paced.

Offline Alga

« Reply #4637 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 06:17:09 »

I'd love to have a continuation of the Mass Effect Andromeda. I enjoyed it thoroughly and eventually will play again.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4638 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 14:09:18 »

I'd love to have a continuation of the Mass Effect Andromeda. I enjoyed it thoroughly and eventually will play again.

Thinking about picking up the remaster next month. I have hope they fixed all the broken things. Sure there will be new bugs too, but hopefully it is not too bad.

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #4639 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 14:10:32 »
anyone else in PoE que?  :-X

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4640 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 14:31:54 »

Thinking about picking up the remaster next month. I have hope they fixed all the broken things. Sure there will be new bugs too, but hopefully it is not too bad.

The question is though, would you bother playing through ME 3 again? I think it was worth playing one time, but it didn't have as many hilarious dialogue options as the previous two games, and the ending to the trilogy wasn't fantastic (or as bad as everybody made it out to be either though). Nothing about any of the 4 games bothered me as far as bugs/jank go.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe I have spent too much time playing Bethesda games.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4641 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 14:46:05 »
The question is though, would you bother playing through ME 3 again? I think it was worth playing one time, but it didn't have as many hilarious dialogue options as the previous two games, and the ending to the trilogy wasn't fantastic (or as bad as everybody made it out to be either though). Nothing about any of the 4 games bothered me as far as bugs/jank go.

But aren't they bundling all 3 ME games into the remastered stuff? The way I see it, if you can get all 3, remastered, as a package deal, it's definitely worth it. And while 3 wasn't the best, imo 2 was, it has still aged better than 1 and the Citadel DLC had some great moments in it and I can't wait to play an updated version. I think it's less of a "why would you bother?" and more of a "why wouldn't you?" considering it ties up the story, even if the ultimate ending leaves something to be desired, it still ends everything in a way that is ultimately not the worst. It could've been much worse, after all. Just look at Prototype 2.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4642 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 14:49:26 »
I know I plan on snagging the ME Remastered pack, would love to run through it again as it's been a looong time since I played 1 & 2.

Hyped for the Guardian Games in Destiny 2 though - Titan's gonna win it again!!

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4643 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 15:59:42 »

But aren't they bundling all 3 ME games into the remastered stuff? The way I see it, if you can get all 3, remastered, as a package deal, it's definitely worth it. And while 3 wasn't the best, imo 2 was, it has still aged better than 1 and the Citadel DLC had some great moments in it and I can't wait to play an updated version. I think it's less of a "why would you bother?" and more of a "why wouldn't you?" considering it ties up the story, even if the ultimate ending leaves something to be desired, it still ends everything in a way that is ultimately not the worst. It could've been much worse, after all. Just look at Prototype 2.

I thought the plot of 2 defied belief. It turned Shepard into space Jesus. The only things that saved that game were some of the new characters, the hilarious conversations, and the complexity of the endings. For some reason, people really didn't like the combat in 1. I think it is the best game of the franchise overall. To each their own.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4644 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 16:20:48 »
I thought the plot of 2 defied belief. It turned Shepard into space Jesus. The only things that saved that game were some of the new characters, the hilarious conversations, and the complexity of the endings. For some reason, people really didn't like the combat in 1. I think it is the best game of the franchise overall. To each their own.

To be fair, ME was never super much about the overarching story to me. It was always about the characters, and their interactions. The Reapers, Cerberus, etc. were mainly there to provide enemies and something to drive the plot forward for more character developments and interactions. And yeah, the combat in 1 is better than a lot of people give it credit for nowadays, but of the 3 games it has aged the most poorly, in my opinion. That doesn't mean it's a bad game, just that it tried some things that I don't think most people are going to like going in expecting a modern third-person game with shooting and RPG elements, when it's a bit weirder and dated compared to that expectation in the current gaming industry.

Honestly, I think all 3 of the games are good, 2 is just my personal favorite. It felt like it had some of the best characters and interactions, to me, and that's always been the core of what I like in a narrative. I don't mind if your overarching story is kinda lackluster and not very original if the characters are compelling and interesting. You can have the most interesting plot idea in the world and stick a mediocre blank slate character in the protag seat and I won't get anywhere near as invested as an alright idea with characters that feel interesting, three dimensional, and have genuine thought and feeling behind them.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4645 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 16:39:24 »
You can have the most interesting plot idea in the world and stick a mediocre blank slate character in the protag seat and I won't get anywhere near as invested as an alright idea with characters that feel interesting, three dimensional, and have genuine thought and feeling behind them.

I think the first game had both the plot and characters though, though they maybe weren't as interesting/colorful as in the sequel. The way that they developed all of the mystery behind the Protheans and Reapers was fantastic. I think I'm in the minority in putting so much emphasis on the plot of a video game anyway. There are some games with horrendous plots that sell well if only a few other elements work.

ME 2 was undoubtedly a fantastic game. It just didn't meet my expectations. I like the whole franchise. I actually played the hell out of the multiplayer of ME 3. I tried with Andromeda but that community died in record time.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 April 2021, 16:41:29 by Maledicted »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4646 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 08:55:58 »
Well now I've gone from Destiny 2 and been sucked into Warframe, this should be interesting.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4647 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 09:28:25 »
Well now I've gone from Destiny 2 and been sucked into Warframe, this should be interesting.

Warframe is very fun, and I love its movement and combat. I haven't played it in quite a while, though, because I was basically at the endgame stat-wise, and had hit a hard plateau of just grinding for mastery ranks using weapons I wasn't a huge fan of, having a nearly-unkillable Kuva Lich that I had accidentally made with Valkyr, and all of my friends who played the game just kinda dropping out of communication with me. If I had other people I could play the game with at my level, and seeing as how helping new players would be detrimental for them where I'm at with that Kuva Lich having taken over most of the starting planets, I would probably re-install it... Maybe I should look for a new playgroup for it? Just haven't found the motivation to.

Seriously though, Warframe is a great game. If you're just starting out, let me know if you want someone to give you a hand and I'll re-install it to play with you and speed along some of the worse early grind while avoiding the mission nodes where enemies spawned by my Kuva Lich may make a mission that's normally levels 1-5 suddenly have enemies that are tankier than a WH40K baneblade and level 100, with tons of damage, to boot.

Edit: Just realized that because I got a call at work between writing these two paragraphs it sounds like I'm saying that I shouldn't help new players, to suddenly being all for it. From the start I meant that I only should help with them on mission nodes not taken over by my Kuva Lich so they don't get one-shot by enemies they can't fight suddenly spawning in.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 April 2021, 09:49:33 by alertArchitect »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4648 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 10:31:18 »
I started playing originally near the launch of the game on PS4 and would dabble with it on PC.  I felt like I should jump back in it since I was so drawn back to D2 this past year and have love that lore and game type so WF was the next viable/logical move to me.  So far I've been trying to learn the builds and missions, since they really don't seem to give you a ton of direction so I've just played missions on planets till I finish the planet and the transfer point (I know it's called something else just can't remember at this moment).  I want to get towards the endgame since that is where alot of the interesting things are (I know they are in D2 and I'm at full level cap on 3 builds in that - 1310+23) since I have grown to enjoy running dungeons and raids.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4649 on: Tue, 20 April 2021, 11:24:16 »
I started playing originally near the launch of the game on PS4 and would dabble with it on PC.  I felt like I should jump back in it since I was so drawn back to D2 this past year and have love that lore and game type so WF was the next viable/logical move to me.  So far I've been trying to learn the builds and missions, since they really don't seem to give you a ton of direction so I've just played missions on planets till I finish the planet and the transfer point (I know it's called something else just can't remember at this moment).  I want to get towards the endgame since that is where alot of the interesting things are (I know they are in D2 and I'm at full level cap on 3 builds in that - 1310+23) since I have grown to enjoy running dungeons and raids.

There's not much directly comparable to dungeons / raids, as the game relies a lot more heavily on the grinding and time investment (since every non-cosmetic item is possible to get without spending a dime, hell, you can even get the premium currency via trading to avoid paying a single cent on the game. Best monetization system out there imo, even if the premium currency is a bit on the expensive side.), but there are missions that go on practically infinitely (survival, defense, and excavations are the main infinite mission types, though there was a 4th one added I forgot the name of) as well as some of the open-world bosses that are a bit more similar to what you think of for a raid. But the big focus of the game at the moment, at least for the devs, is Railjack. I haven't dealt with it much, because I had only done the first mission or so of the story to get a Railjack when I kinda fell off of the game, but it looks fun af once I start getting back into it. Honestly, if you're looking for completion on the star chart, that's a good place to start for getting into the game. The Solar Junctions (the things you have to do in order to get to the next planet) kinda make you reach certain milestones before you can do them, so you can get to the next planet without having the issue of "I didn't do enough stuff so I can't damage the enemies in the new area," as well as further encouragement to go through the story. Which, in my opinion, is one of the better "live service" game storylines.