geekhack Community > Keyboards

Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)

<< < (3355/3392) > >>

Arbiter:
Choosing a keyboard aesthetic?

_rubik:

--- Quote from: Arbiter on Thu, 26 August 2021, 01:51:46 ---Choosing a keyboard aesthetic?

--- End quote ---

What about it

TemperingRocket:
Hi everyone. I bought a new Leopold FC750R and when i started using it i noticed that on most of the keys when i firmly pressed them down i heard a *snap* when i bottomed out that has since gone away. Is this an issue with the Cherry switches? or was the keycap just not seated all the way when they installed them.

rowdy:

--- Quote from: TemperingRocket on Wed, 01 September 2021, 20:50:16 ---Hi everyone. I bought a new Leopold FC750R and when i started using it i noticed that on most of the keys when i firmly pressed them down i heard a *snap* when i bottomed out that has since gone away. Is this an issue with the Cherry switches? or was the keycap just not seated all the way when they installed them.

--- End quote ---

Welcome to Geekhack!

If the noise stopped pretty much the first time you bottomed out each key, then it is almost certainly the keycaps not having been installed correctly.

It is unusual for a switch to "snap" unless there is something fairly significant wrong with it.

You can test this hypothesis for yourself by gently removing a keycap, then replacing it, but not pushing it all the way down.

Then bottom out that key - see if it snaps like before.

domoaligato:
I am looking at trying to get a duck Octagon V3 and know that it has a 11 degree angle.
I have been using 60% pcb's in a OG FMJ poker case forever. Anyone know how that would compare angle wise? I don't have a angle finder to measure my case...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version