geekhack Community > Keyboards

Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)

<< < (3371/3389) > >>

Leopard223:
I've seen some Ultrasonic cleaners on AliExpress going for about $10, do you think they'll work properly? gut says no but AliExpress never fails to surprise me.

faye_valentine:
Trying to replace ibm model rubber dome keypad with mechanical keypad I had lying around. When removing the mechanical keypad from its previous circuit, I believe I might have broken it. Please help.

Username:
I used to use white lithium grease as lube for my stabilizers. Is that okay? Or any other good recommendations?

Handke:

--- Quote from: Leopard223 on Sun, 16 January 2022, 21:38:58 ---I've seen some Ultrasonic cleaners on AliExpress going for about $10, do you think they'll work properly? gut says no but AliExpress never fails to surprise me.

--- End quote ---

If you're going to clean keycaps, a big model (100 watt) will be the absoute minimum. I own smaller units and they don't clean as much, plus you have to waste at least three time as much time to clean.

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: faye_valentine on Thu, 03 February 2022, 02:05:00 ---Trying to replace ibm model rubber dome keypad with mechanical keypad I had lying around. When removing the mechanical keypad from its previous circuit, I believe I might have broken it. Please help.

--- End quote ---
The ribbon cable looks fine, only thing that looks possibly damaged is the socket - did the front snap off?  As long as something holds the ribbon against the connector it will work so doesn't look fatal.

If I'm missing something obvious feel free to point it out, I'm pretty much one eyed at the moment so it's very possible

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version