geekhack Community > Keyboards

Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)

<< < (3387/3394) > >>

transeurasian:
Is there a wiki or list somewhere of new & notable keyboard releases?

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: transeurasian on Sat, 23 December 2023, 04:33:07 ---Is there a wiki or list somewhere of new & notable keyboard releases?

--- End quote ---

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/185irtVlavKB7a21TwWsaU6iZVvfeVqY3XrIn87obPpQ/edit

I mainly look at this spreadsheet when it comes to anything notable. It also has a review of every product by a big community member that you can look at, but even if you don't care about that/agree with him, it's still useful with seeing everything.

killazys:
Looking to replace my dying Archiss MX Brown keyboard for my desktop. I tried the REALFORCE R2 silent 45g switches and they were way too stiff/actuation bump felt really fatiguing, even though technically they are less weight than the browns. I have the Ducky One SF with Kailh Box Browns for travelling which I like, maybe if they were just a big lighter and lubed.

I tried the Niz 35g switches at the store and I found them to be too close to a linear switch for me, also the key travel distance felt a bit short.

So I'm looking for something in between the Kailh Box Browns and Niz 35g, preferably silent and smooth/pre-lubed but not sure what... maybe Niz 45g like this one? Thanks for any tips.

I live in Japan btw so something I can easily buy here would be preferred.

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: killazys on Fri, 19 January 2024, 09:18:01 ---Looking to replace my dying Archiss MX Brown keyboard for my desktop. I tried the REALFORCE R2 silent 45g switches and they were way too stiff/actuation bump felt really fatiguing, even though technically they are less weight than the browns. I have the Ducky One SF with Kailh Box Browns for travelling which I like, maybe if they were just a big lighter and lubed.

I tried the Niz 35g switches at the store and I found them to be too close to a linear switch for me, also the key travel distance felt a bit short.

So I'm looking for something in between the Kailh Box Browns and Niz 35g, preferably silent and smooth/pre-lubed but not sure what... maybe Niz 45g like this one? Thanks for any tips.

--- End quote ---

Any of the haimu silent tactiles are a reccomendation for me in terms of mx silents, however the spring weighting may not be right for you, so I would reccomend spring swapping with aftermarket springs like tx springs, I think 55-57g medium springs would be right for you. You would just need a switch opener since they are factory lubed.

I did see 40g kalih box springs out there, which are slightly lighter than the box browns from what I'm aware, but no one is selling them so I think they stopped production, but if you ever find them you can replace them with the box browns stock springs.

Also weighting in topre is different to mx since it's not the spring that causes the resistance, the tactile domes are the things that cause resistance, if you want to go the topre route then you would have to find aftermarket domes that are lighter than 45g but heavier than 35g, I'm not a topre person so I can't really help you out there. But hope the other info helps you.

mohawk1367:

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Fri, 19 January 2024, 16:09:46 ---
--- Quote from: killazys on Fri, 19 January 2024, 09:18:01 ---Looking to replace my dying Archiss MX Brown keyboard for my desktop. I tried the REALFORCE R2 silent 45g switches and they were way too stiff/actuation bump felt really fatiguing, even though technically they are less weight than the browns. I have the Ducky One SF with Kailh Box Browns for travelling which I like, maybe if they were just a big lighter and lubed.

--- End quote ---

Any of the haimu silent tactiles are a reccomendation for me in terms of mx silents, however the spring weighting may not be right for you, so I would reccomend spring swapping with aftermarket springs like tx springs, I think 55-57g medium springs would be right for you. You would just need a switch opener since they are factory lubed.

I did see 40g kalih box springs out there, which are slightly lighter than the box browns from what I'm aware, but no one is selling them so I think they stopped production, but if you ever find them you can replace them with the box browns stock springs.

Also weighting in topre is different to mx since it's not the spring that causes the resistance, the tactile domes are the things that cause resistance, if you want to go the topre route then you would have to find aftermarket domes that are lighter than 45g but heavier than 35g, I'm not a topre person so I can't really help you out there. But hope the other info helps you.

--- End quote ---

ngl when i tried 45g topre for the first time it still felt unspeakably light compared to 45g mx style linears

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version