Author Topic: Are O-Rings worth it?  (Read 35244 times)

Offline DuckPig

Are O-Rings worth it?
« on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 06:20:00 »
Hi

I am very happy with my Ducky Shine 3 TKL, thanks again to all members who helped me to find a good keyboard :thumb:
So until a few days I have never cared about so called "O-Rings" but a friend of mine told me that they protect the metal-plate on the keyboard, so my question: Do O-rings increase the lifetime? Are there any other advantages?

Thanks in advance :)

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
Re: Are O-Rings worth it?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 07:06:23 »
The metal plate in my Ducky doesn't seen so waferish it needs protecting...

I've only seen two reasons for wanting to use o-rings: quieting the keys on bottoming out, or wanting to lessen the shock of bottoming out. Any comments about longevity seem to revolve around how long the o-rings will last, as they're a wear item and will eventually degrade. And I've done a lot more reading about o-rings than I'd care to mention  :-[

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 07:12:50 »
Personal opinion incoming: O-Rings are terrible and make a good keyboard feel like garbage.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 07:44:34 »
Personal opinion incoming: O-Rings are terrible and make a good keyboard feel like garbage.

+1
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Alpsie

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 08:56:06 »
I lile some o-ringa,  they make it more quiet to type on the keyboard.  But its a taste thing

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 09:22:59 »
With my experience with one set of O-Rings (transplanted from a G710+), no, absolutely not worth it. Makes the keyboard feel odd (not bad, just odd). 10/10 would not buy again.

Offline DuckPig

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 13:49:04 »
Seems like I dont buy these O-rings expect they will increase the lifetime...
as a beginner: Does my mechanical keyboard need some special care?

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 13:54:15 »
O-Rings aren't going to increase the lifetime of anything, unless you don't use it because it feels so horrible, then I guess it would last forever.  :))

I don't maintain my mechanical keyboards any differently than a non-mechanical keyboard, really. Don't get it wet, keep it reasonably clean, don't store it with the keys depressed (like, if you put something on top of it) or in a damp location. There is really nothing to it.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 13:55:48 »

Agreed.  They mage it feel mushy and more wobbly. 

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 14:02:12 »
Seems like I dont buy these O-rings expect they will increase the lifetime...
as a beginner: Does my mechanical keyboard need some special care?

I don't do any sort of regular maintenance to my keyboards. Whenever I have keys off changing the set, I will take a can of compressed air and clean out the cat hair and such that tends to accumulate between the keys.

I do try to avoid eating/drinking around my keyboards as much as possible, mostly to reduce the risk of a spill causing damage.

In my experience, except for my rosewill board (known issue with the USB connector), I would say that mechanical boards are no less sturdy than cheap rubber domes. Just use it for typing, and treat it with the level of respect that matches the amount of money you spent on it.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline naviman

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 19:33:34 »
O-rings are crucial for me because I absolutely cannot deal with the travel distance of mechanical keyboards (fatigues my fingers like crazy).

When I slapped on some o-rings on my Pok3r with browns suddenly everything was right with the world. It feels absolutely fantastic.

But you do need to buy the right kind of o-rings. I bought these ones from Keyboard Co (http://www.keyboardco.com/product/o-ring-switch-dampeners-for-filco-keyboards-blue.asp). I've also tried some cheap ones from Amazon and they weren't as nice.

Offline TheO-RingGuys

• Hey, my name is Fernand and I sell o-rings. B)
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 22:00:35 »
Personally, I've found that they profoundly increase the feel of certain keyboards/switches to a certain extent. This is, however, a personal opinion and everybody has their own!

My all-time favourite application of them would probably have to be with my Nighthawk X9 fitted with Cherry MX Red switches. B)

Offline mattbox

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 22:18:49 »
I bought a set and instantly dislike them, just too mushy. I doubt they do any kind of protecting, keep in mind cherry switches weren't intended to ever been used with o-rings, that just came around as an aftermarket mod to quiet the switches

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 13:15:44 »
I can't use mx without them since

1. I think 4mm travel distance is just too far and strains my fingers.
2. I dislike the clack, it's loud and cheap sounding.

I use these (only ones with the right travel distance reduction for cherry profile caps imo)

http://www.theoringstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1774

They are not mushy in my opinion (they are the smallest functional width available for this use so it doesn't have much space to give in).
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 13:46:35 »
I use O-rings almost only on MX Blue, to silence the clack. I think that when pressing a clicky switch, there should only be a distinct click sound at actuation. The clack sound is too similar so it distracts and confuses. ("two clicks?").

I think mechanical switches should cushion the stroke after actuation. That's why I use mostly Clears. They don't need O-rings because I don't bottom out.

Anyway. There have been many threads on this topic already, and I repeat myself.

Offline Agarito

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 18:38:38 »
I use the .2mm rubber o rings from WASD keyboards solely to reduce the sound from bottoming out and it works great. The keys do feel a bit different when bottoming out but I don't mind it.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 02:16:22 »
I prefer to trampoline mod all my switches, so I have a softer bottom out (without mushiness) and I can use any keycaps on them and retain the same bottom out feel.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 22:39:39 »
The results in this thread are quite interesting. 

For those that have used/currently use o-rings, would you say that o-rings increase or decrease the stress on your hands?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 00:53:14 »

For those that have used/currently use o-rings, would you say that o-rings increase or decrease the stress on your hands?

I find my fingers / hands / wrists less stressed with orings / trampolines, especially with linear switches. Tactiles there's a little less difference, since I have the tactile bump telling my subconcious to stop adding force, so I don't bottom out hard on those and sometimes not at all.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 01:01:09 »
I really like putting o-rings on my spacebars, but not really any other keys. I think it's because I started on a Zowie Celeritas that came with browns, except for the black switch on the spacebar. Got used to a linear switch there, and o-ring gives it that extra bit of cushion and makes it sound a little nicer IMO.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 08:43:24 »
I really like putting o-rings on my spacebars, but not really any other keys. I think it's because I started on a Zowie Celeritas that came with browns, except for the black switch on the spacebar. Got used to a linear switch there, and o-ring gives it that extra bit of cushion and makes it sound a little nicer IMO.

I find my fingers / hands / wrists less stressed with orings / trampolines, especially with linear switches. Tactiles there's a little less difference, since I have the tactile bump telling my subconcious to stop adding force, so I don't bottom out hard on those and sometimes not at all.
Thank you both for the feedback.  I was guessing that on a linear switch that bottoms out, an o-ring would make that bottom less harsh--like running on concrete in running shoes vs barefoot.

Offline MajorMajor

• Mechanical Keyboard Enthusiast
    • Coding Supply
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 23:51:06 »
I'm a big fan of o-rings for both the reduction in travel and sound dampening. I don't think it takes away from the feel of a mech keyboard.
TKL / Clears / Dvorak / Flipped Space for Life / Best Programming Keyboards

Offline bjb39

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 20:43:28 »
I have a board with Gateron Blues w/o O-rings and another with Cherry Blues w/ O-rings. I use both fairly regularly. I would say that the board with the O-rings definitely feels a bit "mushier", but if you always bottom out then the effect isn't as pronounced (as you might expect). The O-rings definitely dampen the sound significantly, which is why I bought them.

Offline Kola93

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 21:50:45 »
I feel O-Rings are a mistake because they convert an otherwise great mechanically-feeling switch/keycap with a nice "clack" bottoming out, into a rubber-domey feeling, dampening/bouncing/rubber bottoming out. :(

Offline Frizer

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 13:55:44 »
I use them on linear switches, otherwise I bottom out too hard. I do really like that cushioned =thump= as opposed to that the plastic -clack- (especially on ABS caps).

Offline Zorox

• Tactile FTW <3
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 18:13:01 »
O-Rings bring me different feelings on different switches. Im using one Clear and one Blue keyboard, and adding O-rings to the Blue will make the clacks sound thicker, and avoid bottoming out, just because the blue switch is still too light to my finger force. So it is a positive effect. But on Clears O-rings make it worst, more mushy and because of the force curve on clear switches I can reach actual points without bottoming out, so O-rings help nothing. I have no experience with linear switches, wanna stick with tactile my whole life though.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 18:28:50 »
Depends on the switch and if you bottom out or not. I love o-rings on linear switches, but hate them on everything else (even though I bottom out every keystroke like a lowrider speeding through a school zone.)

Offline ripwallet

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 23:57:55 »
I use mine on a Novatouch they don't really do anything but i was far too lazy to take them all off oh well. In the future i want to landing pod mods on all my boards.

Offline Kliwon

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 05:03:53 »
in clicky switch completely worthless , it feel so bad for me .. :blank:

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 11:18:01 »
I use mine on a Novatouch they don't really do anything but i was far too lazy to take them all off oh well. In the future i want to landing pod mods on all my boards.
What's a landing pod mod?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 11:30:04 »
He meant landing pad.

See the original here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49046.0

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 14:23:10 »
He meant landing pad.

See the original here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49046.0
Great reading.  Thank you!

Offline djchup

• i write code
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 15:06:20 »
I like the feel of reduced travel distance on my cherry browns (also use my browns at work so the reduced noise is a major plus).  On cherry blues I like both the 'clack' sound of bottoming out, and the greater travel distance.  So: Yes to O-rings on browns, and no to o-rings on blues.  That's just my take on it.

As far as o-rings increasing the life of your keyboard: this is false.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2015, 15:13:42 by djchup »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 15:07:36 »
No.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline shibataken

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 15:55:56 »
I like the feel of reduced travel distance on my cherry browns (also use my browns at work so the reduced noise is a major plus).  On cherry blues I like both the 'clack' sound of bottoming out, and the greater travel distance.  So: Yes to O-rings on browns, and no to o-rings on blues.  That's just my take on it.

As far as o-rings increasing the life of your keyboard: this is false.

+1 I agree having o-rings on browns (keeps the SO from getting pissed off from the clicking late at night) took a little time to get used to but they grew on me XD

Offline BigDov

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 12:56:59 »
I had O-Rings on my Deck 82 Toxic (MX Blacks) when it was still in my possession, and liked them, but as with many things in this hobby, very subjective and varies from person to person. I think since those were such heavy switches, it had turned me into a more aggressive typist, and the difference the O-Rings made was huge for me.

Just to give them a shot again, and because they were cheap, I jumped on the Massdrop buy to try them out on CM QFR. Doing all of my development work at home, and having my desk in my bedroom, I spend some late nights working. IF there is a way I can not be so intrusive and noisy when I'm doing my work, I know my wife will appreciate it a lot. It might end up that I don't like using them on this board, but for the 7 or 8 bucks I think the buy ended up costing, I'll spend the time putting them on and trying them out for a couple days, no big deal.
ergodox w/ MX Blues & Granite R4 + grifiti wrist rests || CM Storm QFR w/ Reds & black PBT laser-etched caps

Offline Infrared

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:07:12 »
The only thing O-Rings are good for IMO is making Cherry switches even worse than they already are. The ONLY switch I would put them on is reds. They kill everything else.
White Fc660c

Offline eternalmetal

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 19:31:02 »
When I bought my QFR with mx blues, I also got a pack of the red o-rings  (0.2 mm reduction) because I wanted the option to reduce the bottom out noise.  So I typed on the keyboard for a day without the o-rings, and then put them on the space bar and alphas.  Even without previous experience with mechs, it felt off.  I liked how it prevented the loud clack as the keys hit the plate, but even more so I disliked the reduced travel.  All in all, it seemed like a crude way of quieting the keyboard, so I took them off a couple days later.  However, I still left the o-rings on the spacebar and a couple of the modifiers.  The spacebar is just too annoying and pingy without it. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 19:48:55 »
O-rings do not protect the plate.

If you bottom out really, really heavily all the time they might protect the delicate plastic switch somewhat.

Personally I don't like O-rings.  I like to bottom out (lightly), I like the sound, I like the switch travel distance.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 20:21:58 »
My wife certainly loves when I have o-rings on my board. She loves the feel of my keyboards when using them, but hates to listen to me type on them.

I personally dislike them, like others have said, they cheapen the feel of your keyboard. If I had to use my keyboard in an office setting and got complaints I would probably use them. For personal use at home... no thank you.

Offline domsch1988

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 04:16:50 »
I just heard of this mod 3 days ago. I grabbed some O-Rings out of my drawer and threw them on my MX Red TKL Keyboard at home. I instantly love it. I always disliked the long travel and hard bottoming out of this board. This is completely solved now.
But tbh, i like chicklet keys more than my mechanical ones (until now). Even though i touch-type i tend to bottom out quiet hard, so chicklet keys dampen that quiet a bit. But i never tried any mechanical keyboard except mx reds. If i can get hold of some, a split with mx browns is on my list. An i'll surely install some O-Rings on these as well.

Offline 1391406

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 20 December 2015, 18:10:44 »
I don't know whether they extend the life of a board, but I didn't like MX Browns on a Filco I purchased some years ago, but really, really liked the feel of Browns on the Logitech G710+. The only real contributing factor to the feel of either board was the inclusion of O-rings on the G710+.

It's all subjective, though. It's like taking an opinion poll on soft or firm mattresses.
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 16:41:49 »
I put o-rings on my WASD keys as to not be loud playing games and not disturbing the wife if shes asleep across the hall. I dont think it helps.
-Dana

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 18:58:00 »
There is no answer to the question if O-rings are woth it, because it depends on switch type, keycap profile and your personal oppinion.

I really like O rings on OEM profiled keycaps with MX Blues, but I hate them with linear switches and on Cherry profiled keycaps.

Just try them out, they're cheap.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 03:25:30 »
I put o-rings on my WASD keys as to not be loud playing games and not disturbing the wife if shes asleep across the hall. I dont think it helps.

What switches have you got?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline derb2k2

• Something of a Topre ****..
« Reply #45 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 06:47:38 »
as many have said, it depends on the switch, profile, etc..

For me particularly, they've been effective for a number of reasons. Not only do they noticeably reduce the clacking sound on my MX-brown QFR, but they also reduce the distance traveled (which isn't a bad thing with MX switches, in comparison to Topre). For me, this is paramount because I've got a lot of miles on my wrists and have suffered from RSI so this does indeed result in less stress on my wrist innards. Not only that, but also because they reduce the cap-plate impact when the key is fully depressed.

In the long run, this might be important for us all since we are probably all heavy typists but the "mushy" feel is definitely there and is a big turn-off for most. 
HHKB | RF 45UB | Novatouch | Poker II Blue | QFR Browns | Rosewill RK-9000RE

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 09:08:07 »
I am not a Cherry user but I do like the O-ring concept.

My experience is that "dental rubber bands" are thinner and softer than any commercial rings I have used.

Too bad there don't seem to be any very thin, very soft O-rings available, but I suppose that they would not be sturdy or effective in their "real-life" applications.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 21:18:54 »

What switches have you got?

MX-Red
I might grab some PBT caps and try those as well.
-Dana

Offline Connly33

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 23:14:35 »
I have some O rings coming for my full Cherry blue board because i always bottom out on them. But i'm going with clears on my 60% because they are stiff enough for me not to always bottom out. Was thinking about getting o rings for it too, but as most have suggested against o rings with clears i wont.

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline gain

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 00:45:21 »
I'm on the fence. Only tried 0.4mm o-rings and to be honest I didn't enjoy it one bit, but I will still give 0.2 and 0.1 a shot before I throw in the towel.