Author Topic: DSI FINANCIAL KEYBOARD  (Read 3599 times)

Offline cogito_ergo_sum

Offline bcredbottle

Re: DSI FINANCIAL KEYBOARD
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 17:11:58 »
That looks like an ergonomic nightmare. My upper back hurts just looking at it.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 18:08:48 »
Ouch. I can see my wrist/palms just sitting on the keys and making a **** ton of accidental presses.

Looks really compelling if the bottom half of that keyboard can just be axed off. Even has a layout I like (small right shift).

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 18:57:02 »
I literally just don't understand this at all
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 20:10:01 »
I dunno, maybe it could make sense for a user whose primary function is to enter numbers, with the letter keys existing for the occasional label, heading, or operating system need.

Basically, think of it as a compact keyboard for a person who spends most of their time using exactly those keys that compact keyboards eliminate. The letter keys still have to exist, because computers are designed with the expectation that users will have those keys available, so they can't just cut them off the way a TKL cuts off the number pad. But they can move them to the back to get them out of the user's way, freeing up desk space for other devices, piles of paper, coffee, etc.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline jaffers

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 20:28:07 »
Looks like a mostly number work type of keyboard, I can see this being useful if you are using the keyboard with one hand and writing with the other, something I do a lot when doing math work for engineering etc... One hand to take notes/equation solve, the other to navigate.

Offline cogito_ergo_sum

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 December 2015, 00:34:56 »
Looks like a mostly number work type of keyboard, I can see this being useful if you are using the keyboard with one hand and writing with the other, something I do a lot when doing math work for engineering etc... One hand to take notes/equation solve, the other to navigate.

Exactly. The only things which gives me pause are
1) the numbers on the right - I prefer left
2) how will it feel to extend my hands to type letters

I could sort of test it by setting the right part of a regular board in front of a 60% board.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 06:21:39 »
I could see this being used in any banking or numeric data-entry situation.  In fact, a part of me wants to get one due to the sheer number of numbers I deal with, but I always have a strong mix of text as well, so a standard 101 is fine for me.