Author Topic: [GB] Satisfaction 75% - GB Ended, Fulfillment Early November  (Read 251377 times)

Offline DukeEsquire

Re: [GB] Satisfaction 75% - GB Ended, Fulfillment Late October
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 12:21:05 »
Hey, I'm very new to this hobby (actual first post here) but I fell in love with this board and pretty upset that I missed it. What's the possibility of a rerun of this GB? alternatively, How would I find someone to sell me theirs at one point? r/Mechmarket?

Word to the wise, especially for someone new to the hobby, don't get too caught up on any single board until you know what you really like.

You're going to go broke really quickly if you buy too many boards from the secondary market.

Offline Stan137

« Reply #351 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 13:19:39 »
Hey, I'm very new to this hobby (actual first post here) but I fell in love with this board and pretty upset that I missed it. What's the possibility of a rerun of this GB? alternatively, How would I find someone to sell me theirs at one point? r/Mechmarket?

Word to the wise, especially for someone new to the hobby, don't get too caught up on any single board until you know what you really like.

You're going to go broke really quickly if you buy too many boards from the secondary market.

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW RICH I AM!  :)

Jokes aside, thanks for the advice. I got a WASD V2, CTRL, GMMK and a couple Realforce to see what I like. I have MX Greens, MX Blues(don't hurt me), Zealious 78s, Halo Trues, Hako Trues, Royal Hako Trues and topre's obviously. All my boards are TKL and I want brass or aluminum %75 but want the directionals to be separated. This board has all that + that amazing dial... it's just looks so beautiful and unique and afaict there's nothing like it anywhere.

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #352 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 15:09:51 »
Possible to cancel order and get refund if we changed our mind?

Offline Stan137

« Reply #353 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 15:21:33 »

What are the colors you picked? I might buy it for whatever you paid.

Offline VelourFog

« Reply #354 on: Mon, 16 September 2019, 17:12:12 »

Haha this is one way to start a feud here.

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #355 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 02:56:45 »

Haha this is one way to start a feud here.
It’s a legitimate question?

Offline Choobies

« Reply #356 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 12:05:18 »
I think asking for refunds during GB stage is okay, but I think whether refunds are allowed depends on the GB runner.  I would suggest rather than (or in addition to) asking for a refund, find someone who wants to buy your spot, and ask the GB runner if you can transfer your spot over to that buyer.  :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 September 2019, 12:11:27 by Choobies »

Offline Stan137

« Reply #357 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 13:20:39 »
I think asking for refunds during GB stage is okay, but I think whether refunds are allowed depends on the GB runner.  I would suggest rather than (or in addition to) asking for a refund, find someone who wants to buy your spot, and ask the GB runner if you can transfer your spot over to that buyer.  :)

Yes, I offered to take your spot/board. Let me know if that's what you want IF the GB runner allows it.

Offline Choobies

« Reply #358 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 13:22:42 »

Yes, I offered to take your spot/board. Let me know if that's what you want IF the GB runner allows it.

Wrong person!

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #359 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 19:43:57 »
IIRC, Upas said wait until the board is the hands of the customers then buy it from there. He closed the 'gb spot transfers' after that drama with the guy trying to sell his for $800ish lol. 

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #360 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 09:42:53 »
looking forward to october for this!

noob question - how do i know if i should get screw in or pcb mounted stabilizers for this keyboard (and keyboards in general)?

Offline Capsy

« Reply #361 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 09:53:51 »
looking forward to october for this!

noob question - how do i know if i should get screw in or pcb mounted stabilizers for this keyboard (and keyboards in general)?
There is no noob question :)

First, screw ins are also PCB mounted. There are two kinds of stabilisers, PCB mounted and plate mounted. Get PCB mounted for the satisfaction. Now, in PCB mounted, there's again 2 kinds - Clip ins and screw ins. Clip ins have a clip that goes into the PCB and holds the stabiliser in place. Screw ins have screws in place of clips to hold the stabiliser in place. I personally prefer screw ins as they're more stable and less prone to popping out. Again IMO. There are people who like clip ins as well. Buy either of them but make sure you get cherry/GMK authentic ones. I'll suggest you get them from novelkeys.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #362 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 10:20:42 »
First, screw ins are also PCB mounted. There are two kinds of stabilisers, PCB mounted and plate mounted. Get PCB mounted for the satisfaction. Now, in PCB mounted, there's again 2 kinds - Clip ins and screw ins. Clip ins have a clip that goes into the PCB and holds the stabiliser in place. Screw ins have screws in place of clips to hold the stabiliser in place. I personally prefer screw ins as they're more stable and less prone to popping out. Again IMO. There are people who like clip ins as well. Buy either of them but make sure you get cherry/GMK authentic ones. I'll suggest you get them from novelkeys.

Screw ins are definitely my preference as well.  Always great to eliminate the annoyance of stabs popping out when you remove caps.  :thumb: 

One thing I rarely see mentioned regarding them (probably a sign that this has been remedied / doesn't happen anymore).  When they first started to become popular, I built a board with them and the screw caused one of the rows/columns to short out from the screw, either because of tight placement or the use of multiple layers that were now making contact.  Just something to keep in mind, in case anyone does experience weird behavior - it might be the screw in stabs. 

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #363 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 10:27:37 »

Screw ins are definitely my preference as well.  Always great to eliminate the annoyance of stabs popping out when you remove caps.  :thumb: 

One thing I rarely see mentioned regarding them (probably a sign that this has been remedied / doesn't happen anymore).  When they first started to become popular, I built a board with them and the screw caused one of the rows/columns to short out from the screw, either because of tight placement or the use of multiple layers that were now making contact.  Just something to keep in mind, in case anyone does experience weird behavior - it might be the screw in stabs.

wow thanks for the fast response, you guys rock!

just one more quick question - how does one tell if a board should use pcb or plated mounted stabs?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #364 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 10:30:56 »
just one more quick question - how does one tell if a board should use pcb or plated mounted stabs?

A combination of the PCB and plate design.  In order for either type to be used, the PCB needs to have stab holes (for PCB mount) or the plate needs the appropriate notches (for plate mount).  I haven't followed the custom scene quite as close lately as I used to, so I might not be the best resource there, but I would think it'd be specified (has been the case in the past).

Offline Capsy

« Reply #365 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 10:33:21 »

There are holes on the PCB for stabs. If they're missing, then that keyboard uses plate mounted stabs.

Like in this image, the two holes on the right of zeal65 text are stabiliser holes.

Mod Edit: Resized image  :eek:
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 September 2019, 10:42:55 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline Capsy

« Reply #366 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 10:36:23 »

Also, most of the custom keyboards nowadays use PCB mounted stabs. So don't worry. If they use plate mounted stabs, the runner will explicitly mention it as that is rare.

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #367 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 10:51:39 »

Also, most of the custom keyboards nowadays use PCB mounted stabs. So don't worry. If they use plate mounted stabs, the runner will explicitly mention it as that is rare.

thank you so much, appreciate this alot!

Offline upas

« Reply #368 on: Tue, 24 September 2019, 23:12:28 »
Hey guys just wanted to provide a quick update.

After the snafu with my Brutal60 round 3 plates, I double checked the FR4 plates. The first few plates met tolerances, but they quickly deteriorated after that, and the stab cutouts are too small.

This means they'll have to be remade. It shouldn't delay the expected late October ship date, though.

The carbon fiber plates are great, I double checked those as well.

In other news, some production color full boards came in for final signoff. The rest of the boards will be ready imminently. I'll try to get some nice pictures that capture the real production colors this weekend!

Note - I didn't get a production sample of black because black is black and there's not much question about what it'll look like. But for deep ocean blue, cloudy white, and stormy grey, those pictures will go up this weekend.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 September 2019, 23:14:13 by upas »

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #369 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 03:10:37 »
will extra plates be available? i only ordered a brass plate one. Kinda want to check out something but a little more give. PC plate would be nice but I don't think these were offered in the gb. How does the fr4 compare to it in terms of flex and give?

Offline upas

« Reply #370 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 11:58:15 »
will extra plates be available? i only ordered a brass plate one. Kinda want to check out something but a little more give. PC plate would be nice but I don't think these were offered in the gb. How does the fr4 compare to it in terms of flex and give?

Maybe, it'll depend on how shipping goes. FR4 is stiffer than PC but flexes more than Alu.

In other news, as promised, here are photos of the production color samples. I've approved all of them and the keyboards will start shipping by late October.
Also you might notice the sabre is still in the middle of the weight - after trying it the other way, this looks better so we went with it.

Deep Ocean Blue:

Stormy Grey:

Cloud White:

The finish quality is impeccable. If all the production units are like these samples, I'll be extremely happy.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #371 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 12:19:52 »
All three colors and finishes look outstanding, fingers crossed for the final product!

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #372 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 23:38:09 »
Wow.looks so so good. Hope you do another round in the future. 

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline crowKAKAWWW

« Reply #373 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 09:14:11 »
They look perfect, we all appreciate how smooth this GB has been so far!
RAMA M60A
KBDFans Frosted Tofu
Cannon Keys Satisfaction 75
Desk Candy Modern M0110
---
ALF x Scott G60

Offline VictorStagnetty

« Reply #374 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 17:02:06 »
any news on the other knob artisans?  :D

VictorStagnetty is making these knobs. If there is enough interest, he will do a run of them.

Interested. They look a bit shorter, which I like. Which colorway would look good on stormy grey, hm...
Better question is what colorway(s) goes with your cap(s)?

Offline Re9456

« Reply #375 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 15:47:57 »
Can't believe what I missed here, hope you do another round.

Offline upas

« Reply #376 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 21:30:26 »
Hey guys,

Quick update - there was a slight PCB issue, so those need to get remanufactured. Given the issue, the new shipping estimate is early-mid November.

The cases have finished production and are on their way to me.

Offline ZoomBoy

Re: [GB] Satisfaction 75% - GB Ended, Fulfillment Early November
« Reply #377 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 15:13:41 »
Hi guys, will you be offering a second GB on this in the future? I'd love to get my hands on one of these beauties!

Offline toejelly

« Reply #378 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 22:50:15 »
Hey guys,

Quick update - there was a slight PCB issue, so those need to get remanufactured. Given the issue, the new shipping estimate is early-mid November.

Hey, what's the latest?

Offline thecyangiant

« Reply #379 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 07:44:40 »
Hey guys,

Hey, what's the latest?
From the discord server yesterday (11/14)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline upas

« Reply #380 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 12:33:05 »
Hey guys, these are shipping :)

Post pics if you got them!

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
« Reply #381 on: Tue, 26 November 2019, 01:44:27 »
Please bring this back! I need it in mah lyfe!

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #382 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 23:05:44 »
Mine arrived!  Looks good.  Sorry I haven't taken any pics yet but I'll try to post some later.

Offline stillzman

« Reply #383 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 09:10:00 »
Got mine yesterday and took a look this morning, it’s perfect. Wish I could have gotten a white one but I’m really happy with the blue, the gold gives it a nice contrast as well. Hopefully I can put it together soon. Thanks Upas for running this gb, looking forward to your future projects.

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #384 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 16:06:52 »
these boards arriving look great, hoping for a R2!!

Offline ian13

« Reply #385 on: Sun, 01 December 2019, 19:25:07 »
I'm really hoping on R2 for this as well. I really should have joined this instead of the Xeno..

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #386 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 23:32:00 »
I haven't seen it mentioned here yet (maybe I just missed it) but thanks so much for doing the build guide.  It was quite helpful, particularly since this board is a bit more complex than your standard build.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #387 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 23:36:24 »
Potato pics. Dont mind the '4'. My set was missing a 'J'. Satisfaction 75 is a beast.

Offline kujibiki

« Reply #388 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 01:15:36 »
registered in hopes of R2 for this  :rolleyes:

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #389 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 08:04:32 »
I haven't seen it mentioned here yet (maybe I just missed it) but thanks so much for doing the build guide.  It was quite helpful, particularly since this board is a bit more complex than your standard build.
+1
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #390 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 13:38:46 »
Anyone else unable to flash their board? QMK just crashes everytime for me. I've never had issues with it before

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline goddream

« Reply #391 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 16:11:36 »
Anyone else unable to flash their board? QMK just crashes everytime for me. I've never had issues with it before

have you followed the build guide https://docs.cannonkeys.com/satisfaction75/
Rei XT-60 | Endash | KHDD | Jinsoul | Tengu | PC Dolphin | Nunu | Hyphen | Mc65 | Unikorn | Dahyun | CARDBORD

Offline Create_alt_delete

« Reply #392 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 22:11:27 »

have you followed the build guide https://docs.cannonkeys.com/satisfaction75/
I figured it out. It seems something went wrong with my driver install the first time around. I tried to reinstall with zadig and that would just hang and crash too. So, I uninstalled the driver via device manager, then installed with zadig again. After all that, QMK worked just fine.

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #393 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 20:48:10 »
Hey, I ordered a second plate, PCB, OLED, and encoder hoping to basically do two builds and be able to swap between them relatively easily.  And I got all of that...but I only got one set of the little nylon spacers that keep the OLED in place.  It's a tiny thing but still enough to keep me from being able to do a second build.  Where can I even get something like that?

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #394 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 21:07:15 »
Hey, I ordered a second plate, PCB, OLED, and encoder hoping to basically do two builds and be able to swap between them relatively easily.  And I got all of that...but I only got one set of the little nylon spacers that keep the OLED in place.  It's a tiny thing but still enough to keep me from being able to do a second build.  Where can I even get something like that?

I didn't even think of this, but I have the same problem.

Usually you can buy parts like this from electronics suppliers like Digikey, Mouser, etc. or a parts supplier like McMaster-Carr. But getting a part number from Upas would be helpful.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #395 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 14:18:58 »
Also any suggestions for debugging issues with the OLED?  I finished my first build and everything seems fine except the OLED isn't displaying anything.  All the keys plus the encoder work though.  I double checked the solder joints to the OLED and they look really good...I could try swapping it with the spare I got I guess but that doesn't tell me why this one isn't working.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #396 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 14:31:00 »
Also any suggestions for debugging issues with the OLED?  I finished my first build and everything seems fine except the OLED isn't displaying anything.  All the keys plus the encoder work though.  I double checked the solder joints to the OLED and they look really good...I could try swapping it with the spare I got I guess but that doesn't tell me why this one isn't working.
Did you follow the build guide? The stock firmware on the PCB does not support OLED.

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #397 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 15:01:52 »
Did you follow the build guide? The stock firmware on the PCB does not support OLED.

I feel dumb.  I did read the guide but somehow missed that note...

But speaking of flashing is there a way to do it in just plain QMK?  I run Linux and the tools the guide recommends don't work for me.

Offline upas

« Reply #398 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 20:31:26 »
Hey guys,

Extra sales ran, they'll be shipped out over the course of this week.

Some people missed out on extra PCBs, so I'm starting an IC for a potential extra PCB group buy.

Please only fill it in if you're interested.

Thanks!

https://forms.gle/Tu3j87aDswjcpfui8

Offline dANii2k

« Reply #399 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 09:22:15 »
Missed out on this one, pretty bummed about that!