I really appreciate you taking a look and giving me feedback. I have nobody else to ask about this stuff lol. I'll take some time to digest what you said and make some changes. Thanks again.
Edit: After doing some research and learning a lot. I updated my schematic. I totally get what you mean about the previous one not being very good, especially for a novice like myself. When it comes to routing traces, I'll be glad I (attempted) to do it right so I understand a little better what is going on.
Altered the decoupling capacitors to show how they will connect. I'm really not sure this is right though.
It seems that the issue of the shield and hooking it to ground is a contentious one. I've followed what I think to be the safest advice, which matches what skullydazed said. Or at least I've tried to as it looks like I forgot to change the value of the resistor for the shield