Author Topic: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped - Form in OP for any missing or damaged keys  (Read 1359652 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2900 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 17:43:44 »
Anyone know how I'm supposed to sand the jtk topre stabs and the caps?

just the caps sir, just remove some material from the 2 stabilised parts of the caps until clearance is no longer an issue

the alternative to this would be drilling the case
Do I sand the stabs, too?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nope just the 2 stabilised stems in the keycaps that go on enter and left shift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2901 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 13:17:14 »
ok guys

here is a form for some random leftover bits i have available, including topre spacebars, novelty spacebars, standard spacebars, windowed blanks and sliders themselves

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-M89oDDebNY9JPKbqCCQXDw4qg7C0ai4dKfM6-qE9LNzlmg/viewform

i have more of some things than others so filling out the form doesnt guarantee you will get what you choose, however you will only be invoiced for things that are on hand and ready to ship

i will be allocating things in the order in which people fill out the form, my plan is to leave this form up until tuesday, have all invoicing done by tuesday evening, and then have everything shipped by friday

i had to rush the form a bit so if anything is unclear or if anyone has any questions please just shoot me a pm and ill get back to you as soon as i can

thanks

<3

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2902 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 13:26:41 »
Form submitted for more topre spacebars.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2903 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 13:37:44 »
Form submitted for more topre spacebars.

thanks good sir

Offline Atredl

« Reply #2904 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 00:01:22 »
Just got my sliders installed I'm really liking them so far but I just have one complaint and that's where the sprue is located. It's on the side of the cylinder part of the slider. :-\ for about 80-90% of the sliders in my HHKB it is unnoticable but on a couple in particular it is vary apparent. On three in particular the switch will actually catch before returning to the top of the travel. I plan on swapping them out with a bit of trial and error until I have the best ones in the board. I think that a very good revision would be to have the sprue mark in the same location that topre has theirs and that's on the bottom of a corner of the slider base. Topre even has theirs inside of a divot. Most likely to further reduce the influence the mark has on the feeling of slider. I would very much like to see some sliders with that design and it would completely get rid of this catching problem that I have happening.

On the bright side, I have no loose caps and my stabilizers are very smooth. Once I drill the holes in left shift and enter then those will be perfect as well. I might even try something like compounding and polishing the sprue marks that catch. Something similar to car paint correction. Plus Hydro looks right at home on a black HHKB  :-*

« Last Edit: Sun, 07 May 2017, 00:02:58 by Atredl »

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2905 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 14:19:26 »
I submitted the form for purple spacebars. Hopefully, I did it right.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #2906 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 13:44:59 »
Hi Bunny, I was wondering what kind of plastic was used to make the topre sliders. I assume ABS but I want to make sure beforehand.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2907 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:03:25 »
Hi Bunny, I was wondering what kind of plastic was used to make the topre sliders. I assume ABS but I want to make sure beforehand.

They were made in abs to match the jtk sets I think Bunny said a while ago. They could maybe produce pbt spacebars in the future though.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #2908 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:11:18 »
Lost track of the thread a bit. Should all JTK sets be shipped now?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #2909 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:12:08 »

They were made in abs to match the jtk sets I think Bunny said a while ago. They could maybe produce pbt spacebars in the future though.

MX to topre sliders not spacebars. I'm going to try and get rid of some sprue marks on the slider walls.

Offline OkinaDaikon

« Reply #2910 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:15:36 »
Question to anyone who bought the MX Silders:

Do any of your mx keycaps fit 'loosely' on the sliders? I noticed that some of them fit looser than others. After installing them on my HHKB, if i hit the enter too hard, it can pop off :)) as well as the fn key.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #2911 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:25:13 »

Do any of your mx keycaps fit 'loosely' on the sliders? I noticed that some of them fit looser than others. After installing them on my HHKB, if i hit the enter too hard, it can pop off :)) as well as the fn key.
Yeah, put a piece of plastic foil over the cross and put the cap on afterwards, that will help with them flying off.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2912 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:26:12 »

MX to topre sliders not spacebars. I'm going to try and get rid of some sprue marks on the slider walls.
Yea same material. Sorry for not being clear.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #2913 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:26:20 »

Some people have had a similar experience to you where a few caps are loose. My own set doesn't have this issue.

I'd also be curious to find out if there is any correlation between the color of the sliders and the looseness of the keycaps. Like maybe the first sets made were more accurately, or maybe the latter ones were better.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2914 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 21:47:53 »
DSA was a bit loose for me, though I didn't have any issue with the keys popping off during use.  GMK fits pretty well.  And speaking of, I present to you the Honeywell Happy Hacking Keyboard:

« Last Edit: Mon, 08 May 2017, 22:32:24 by a_ak57 »

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #2915 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 21:55:57 »
DSA was a bit loose for me, though I didn't have any issue with the keys popping off during use.  GMK fits pretty well.  And speaking of, I present to you the Honeywell Happy Hacking Keyboard:

Show Image

That's gorgeous. Congrats!

Offline OkinaDaikon

« Reply #2916 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 23:48:03 »

Show Image

Oh you got the aluminum hhkb sticker! Beautiful! I missed out. I wonder if there still some out there.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2917 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 06:47:46 »

Show Image

Great combo; I really need to pick up this set later on.

Offline Khuya

« Reply #2918 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 11:16:22 »

Finally have the keyboard to put the cap on.

yes, there are atleast 3 ****ed up in this photo

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2919 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 15:13:25 »

Show Image

awesome shot thanks so much for sharing, one of the best sets as well ive seen in recent momory, great work from lsb and sherry on that, and my fave hhkb with jtk sliders ive seen so far

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2920 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 15:15:06 »
quick update, i was super super sick over the last few days, i caught my sons virus, i managed to get about a third of the remaining replacements out i listed a little bit above before needing to make a swift exit home, ill be updating those tickets with tracking tomorrow and shoot the last of them out on my next trip to the post office as im finally on the mend and feeling human

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2921 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 15:15:33 »
ok guys

here is a form for some random leftover bits i have available, including topre spacebars, novelty spacebars, standard spacebars, windowed blanks and sliders themselves

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc-M89oDDebNY9JPKbqCCQXDw4qg7C0ai4dKfM6-qE9LNzlmg/viewform

i have more of some things than others so filling out the form doesnt guarantee you will get what you choose, however you will only be invoiced for things that are on hand and ready to ship

i will be allocating things in the order in which people fill out the form, my plan is to leave this form up until tuesday, have all invoicing done by tuesday evening, and then have everything shipped by friday

i had to rush the form a bit so if anything is unclear or if anyone has any questions please just shoot me a pm and ill get back to you as soon as i can

thanks

<3

ill leave this open for 1 more day then knock out the invoices tomorrow night

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2922 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 15:16:50 »

so i know originally it was planned to be pom, and i for sure had some pom samples at one point, but i believe these are abs from feel, but i dont recall being told that directly so next time i speak with jtk i will get you a proper answer

Offline kungfu_jesus

« Reply #2923 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 19:43:00 »
Hey Bunny,

Can I kindly draw your attention to support ticket:  #2EB1D9DD.

Additionally, I saw the Black on Orange mods should've shipped out about a month ago but I still haven't received mine. Do they typically take over a month to get here from the UK, and how do I know mine ever got shipped?

Thanks,
KFJ

Offline Atredl

« Reply #2924 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 23:56:01 »

so i know originally it was planned to be pom, and i for sure had some pom samples at one point, but i believe these are abs from feel, but i dont recall being told that directly so next time i speak with jtk i will get you a proper answer

Much appreciated

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2925 on: Wed, 10 May 2017, 01:16:52 »
Hey Bunny,

Can I kindly draw your attention to support ticket:  #2EB1D9DD.

Additionally, I saw the Black on Orange mods should've shipped out about a month ago but I still haven't received mine. Do they typically take over a month to get here from the UK, and how do I know mine ever got shipped?

Thanks,
KFJ

You will get an update to your support ticket once that has happened, I believed I had posted updates about all those but perhaps yours was missed, I went through and posted an update on each is this thread last week, next time I'm at my desk I'll have a look at that ticket number, either tonight or tomorrow

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2926 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 02:00:59 »
Thanks for the patience guys I've been horrendously sick this week. It starting to feel like a human again finally

I'll post pics of the last remaining replacements later today and have them out asap

I'll also have all the paid extra orders from the spacebar form packed today and post pics of those today

For anyone who is missing sliders I'll have a form up at the end of this weekend, and have anyone with missing ones shipped no later than next Friday

For the people that asked for white and orange stuff, that'll arrive to me next week now and willl be shipped no later than next Friday

Next Friday this gb will finally be over and complete, so once again thank you for all the patience and kindness shown, and for sharing what you have all been doing with the items in this gb

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2927 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 15:48:38 »
168306-0168308-1

The last of the replacements as well as the extra spacebar orders packed and ready to go out

Offline avtar

« Reply #2928 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 16:50:58 »
Hey Bunny,

I ordered pink sliders and matching spacebar but I haven't received the package yet. I think you mentioned that there will be a form next week for people who haven't received sliders yet. Not sure if you want to hold off shipping spacebars to me with the sliders? I'll keep an eye out for the original sliders package for another week.

Thanks!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2929 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 17:45:16 »
Hey Bunny,

I ordered pink sliders and matching spacebar but I haven't received the package yet. I think you mentioned that there will be a form next week for people who haven't received sliders yet. Not sure if you want to hold off shipping spacebars to me with the sliders? I'll keep an eye out for the original sliders package for another week.

Thanks!

nah i wont delay these to you, i think your slider order was one of the later ones if i remember correctly so im sure itll be there soon, but yeah if not ill have a form up shortly

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2930 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 15:06:01 »
Heya Bunny. So I tried modding my HHKB today with the new sliders, and when I got some keys on they looked pretty crooked. Any chance you sent me the early rejected batch instead of the replacements?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2931 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 17:38:35 »
Heya Bunny. So I tried modding my HHKB today with the new sliders, and when I got some keys on they looked pretty crooked. Any chance you sent me the early rejected batch instead of the replacements?

they were completely separate so no chance of getting the 2 confused

havent heard that from anyone else regarding the new ones but feel free to pm me some pics so i can have a look

you wouldnt be able to mistake it if you got the old ones, every single key would be off considerably counter clockwise

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2932 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 17:48:21 »
for anyone other than those who were in the last batch of slider orders that hasnt received them, tomorrow evening (sunday) i will be posting a form for you to fill in, i will leave it open until wednesday and have any and all that need shipping out by friday

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2933 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 17:51:00 »
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

The last of the replacements as well as the extra spacebar orders packed and ready to go out

these have been loaded in to my car ready, as its only a small run it should be no problem to get them out in the week whilst im looking after my little one, but worst case scenario they can be dropped off friday which is my "day off"

for anyone waiting on replacements that include full sets or kits, i will post full tracking details in your support ticket, for anyone who ordered extra spacebars and paid for tracked shipping, i will send you tracking via email

lastly the orange and white sets will be on hand early next week, and those sets will be packed and shipped out with any replacements sliders next friday

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2934 on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 17:51:25 »

Have you used those keycaps before?  If not, it's possible they're the problem if it's just some of the keys.

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
« Reply #2935 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 07:40:08 »
Hi Bunny, I have sent a PM and updated the support ticket regarding my order. Kindly have a look at it when you have the time. Thanks!
[WTB] Nothing For Now

Ducky Legend + Invisible FC660C

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2936 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 14:58:32 »
for anyone who hasnt received their sliders other than the final group that was shipped out recently

please fill in this form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSffCI7-a8jqVCLDi9wNjv-s90RbDziYdmYIKzF00C6eg5OJVw/viewform

should you receive your sliders between now and friday, please contact me via pm to let me know, i had 3 people let me know they just arrived in the last couple days so i expect some more to arrive in the next week for sure

but would like to get this all wrapped up and behind me asap so anything not here by friday (again apart from that last little group) will be replaced then

thanks

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2937 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 14:58:54 »
Hi Bunny, I have sent a PM and updated the support ticket regarding my order. Kindly have a look at it when you have the time. Thanks!

replied thanks for bringing it to my attention

Offline ddot

• Master of Suspense
« Reply #2938 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 15:38:18 »

Hey Bunny. Same for me. I've got both a PM and a support ticket submitted​. I'd appreciate it if you could take a look. Thanks!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2939 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 17:49:04 »

Hey Bunny. Same for me. I've got both a PM and a support ticket submitted​. I'd appreciate it if you could take a look. Thanks!

i dont have a pm from you but ill check support tickets one evening this week, if its something more urgent than that just send it over as PM again

Offline ddot

• Master of Suspense
« Reply #2940 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 21:08:57 »

i dont have a pm from you but ill check support tickets one evening this week, if its something more urgent than that just send it over as PM again

Thanks Bunny.  PM via Geekhack re-sent.

Offline wakko

« Reply #2941 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 21:44:34 »
filled out the form for sliders from the debut group buy. thanks.
NOOB
KUL ES-87

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #2942 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 00:06:33 »
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Is that box possibly mine?  :eek:

Still excited! (:

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #2943 on: Mon, 15 May 2017, 11:06:49 »
for anyone who hasnt received their sliders other than the final group that was shipped out recently

please fill in this form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSffCI7-a8jqVCLDi9wNjv-s90RbDziYdmYIKzF00C6eg5OJVw/viewform

should you receive your sliders between now and friday, please contact me via pm to let me know, i had 3 people let me know they just arrived in the last couple days so i expect some more to arrive in the next week for sure

but would like to get this all wrapped up and behind me asap so anything not here by friday (again apart from that last little group) will be replaced then

thanks

Hi there, Bunny.

Could you please check my last PM, in regard of my replacements etc. -
I'm not sure if I should fill in the form or not, to avoid additional confusion.
Thanks!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2944 on: Tue, 16 May 2017, 13:53:57 »

please fill in this form

thanks

Hi there, Bunny.

Could you please check my last PM, in regard of my replacements etc. -
I'm not sure if I should fill in the form or not, to avoid additional confusion.
Thanks!

I'm fairly sure I replied to you yesterday but if you are still awaiting a response please let me know

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #2945 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 03:37:19 »
Yeah, you did, and I've filled in the form - everything's fine  :thumb:
Thanks!

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #2946 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 05:21:58 »
Tried some enjoyPBT caps on JTK sliders today, perfect fit, no caps falling off. 10/10 would recommend

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2947 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 13:11:03 »
quick update

most of the replacements were dropped off friday/saturday, i have a couple orders awaiting orange and white sets left to do and 2 others i needed additional packing materials for and a couple orders who needed specific keys which were being sent to me with orange and white, these remaining ones will be out on friday and will conclude this gb as far as keycaps go
all of the orders for extra spacebars were dropped off on saturday with the exceptions of spamray and glissant who i needed to add some other stuff to, this has been done and packaged and those last 2 will be dropped off tomorrow, all international poeple who requested and paid for tracking have been sent this via email
all people who requested replacement sliders via the form posted, these have been packed and are being shipped tomorrow morning
for the people who ordered orange and white sets when i put it up for a couple days recently, they will be with me any day they are just processing through customs 

i am going to have to be away for a few days from tomorrow morning, i will be bringing my shipping receipts with me from the weekend as well as the ones i get from the drop off tomorrow morning, so ill be able to update support tickets whilst im away as a family thing has popped up thatll require my attention from tomorrow to around thursday, i will have internet access sporadically so ill pop on when i can

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2948 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 14:36:11 »
Thanks for the updates. :thumb:

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #2949 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 21:11:31 »

Got my sliders, it took a while to arrive but that was expected. Everything seems to be fine except the stabilizers. They just dont fit on my HHKB because it was a tad longer than the stock ones. I had to sand them with 1000 grit sandpaper to chip off the extra plastic, and lubed the sides though it was not really needed.

Kind of hard to see on the picture but here it is. I thought it was the edges but sanding the edges did not help either so I had to sand the sides instead.

B.face X2
  65g Zealios