Author Topic: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 2nd Batch Shipped  (Read 317976 times)

Offline ihalatch

Re: [GB] Duck Viper/Eagle V2 Kustom Group Buy [Closed] - 2nd Batch Shipped
« Reply #1100 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 08:44:09 »
Sorry for the newbie question. This is my first duck eagle build. For a bottom row 1.25|1.25|1.25|6.25|1.25|1.25|1.25|1.25 which holes should I use the right or the left for the space bar and the rest of the switches - there are tow overlapping holes for each switch?

Offline I_need_a_bath

« Reply #1101 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 08:52:18 »
Sorry for the newbie question. This is my first duck eagle build. For a bottom row 1.25|1.25|1.25|6.25|1.25|1.25|1.25|1.25 which holes should I use the right or the left for the space bar and the rest of the switches - there are tow overlapping holes for each switch?

Put caps on the switches then line them up on the plate/pcb. That will ensure you get the right holes.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1102 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 11:19:50 »

Put caps on the switches then line them up on the plate/pcb. That will ensure you get the right holes.

If you flip the caps upside down and line them up with the pcb you can see where the center of the switch will go.

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #1104 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 23:54:47 »
I don't see which led hole is "+" or "-"?

The flat side is negative + ( | -

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #1105 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 23:59:51 »
I don't see which led hole is "+" or "-"?
an easy way is:
plug the usb and put the LED into the hole, check it in which way will be light up
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline yonghf

« Reply #1107 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 09:43:45 »
I'm trying to mirror a HHKB layout on my Viper. Is there a guide online? Not sure how to switch layers. If you could share your firmware hex file that would be highly appreciated.

Offline I_need_a_bath

« Reply #1108 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 11:13:52 »
I'm trying to mirror a HHKB layout on my Viper. Is there a guide online? Not sure how to switch layers. If you could share your firmware hex file that would be highly appreciated.

I just sent you a PM with a guide, let me know if you need any help!

Offline kconfire

« Reply #1109 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 11:53:21 »

Can you send me a guide, too?
I'm gonna put together Viper v2 for HHKB layout soon, too.

Thanks! :D
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #1110 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 17:00:05 »

Why don't you just post the link for all of us?

Offline I_need_a_bath

« Reply #1111 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 18:10:53 »

Why don't you just post the link for all of us?

Flip: https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki#flash-firmware

Keymapper: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IyxQTLqywC7n6XMzA9XHXpq0QjWpg2HzuENi08qlpPY/edit

Offline yonghf

« Reply #1112 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 01:07:16 »
Ok, thanks to I_need_a_bath I managed to get the layout working. It's similar to a HHKB default layout but with arrow keys on WASD fn-layer 1.

Sharing the hex file here - hope it helps!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tyzd5f2t2x4rson/HHKB_Duck_Viper_v2.hex?dl=0

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #1113 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 00:35:58 »
I started the build of my duck eagle and viper V2 last night.

First I tested the pcbs. One of them was good the other one had one of the underglow side smd led fallen off (the bottom of the picture). I was able to find it in the packaging. As I result only the top row of smds is lighting? I'm not sure whether this is due to the smd?

http://imgur.com/CIGFOkl

The fallen smd chipped two of the pads, which are now glued to the smd's pins so I think it'll be difficult for me to solder back. Any suggestions of how to fix the problem? Do you think that the missing smd causes the bottom row of smds not to light up? Is it possible to get another pcb?

Offline I_need_a_bath

« Reply #1114 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 01:59:12 »
I started the build of my duck eagle and viper V2 last night.

First I tested the pcbs. One of them was good the other one had one of the underglow side smd led fallen off (the bottom of the picture). I was able to find it in the packaging. As I result only the top row of smds is lighting? I'm not sure whether this is due to the smd?

http://imgur.com/CIGFOkl

The fallen smd chipped two of the pads, which are now glued to the smd's pins so I think it'll be difficult for me to solder back. Any suggestions of how to fix the problem? Do you think that the missing smd causes the bottom row of smds not to light up? Is it possible to get another pcb?

The led that broke off is likely the reason the others will not light up since they're normally wired in series. I would try messaging Elton and seeing if he can get you another PCB if you can't solder the led back on

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #1115 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 02:32:14 »
Unfortunately two of the board pads stuck to two of the smd's pins and chipped off the pcb. It must have happened during transportation because I found the smd led in the packaging.  I don't know of any way of soldering the smd led back to the pcb. I tried last night to solder it but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #1116 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 03:09:24 »
Unfortunately two of the board pads stuck to two of the smd's pins and chipped off the pcb. It must have happened during transportation because I found the smd led in the packaging.  I don't know of any way of soldering the smd led back to the pcb. I tried last night to solder it but to no avail. Any suggestions?

youtube a soldering tutorial
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline Shados

« Reply #1117 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 00:41:00 »

It's possible to replace/repair damaged pads and traces, although it can get somewhat complicated. I'd suggest googling to find out what's involved and whether or not you think you can handle it; if not there are people who do electronics repair professionally, so you can always pay to get it fixed.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #1118 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 06:45:24 »
I stuffed up something with my hex file and now my eagle can`t be recognised. How can I reset my eagle back to the default factory settings?

Offline AlexG

« Reply #1120 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 14:01:56 »
Is there a round three expected at some point in the future or are aftermarket prices only going to get higher at this point?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1121 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 14:16:23 »
Is there a round three expected at some point in the future or are aftermarket prices only going to get higher at this point?

We have no idea. If you want the board buy aftermarket.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1122 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 16:51:12 »

I'm pretty sure duck has never done a third round or version of anything.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Puree

« Reply #1123 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 17:31:09 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89546.0  :rolleyes:

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #1124 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 21:27:41 »

:thumb:

Offline AlexG

« Reply #1125 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 17:29:32 »
Hmmm, seems like it'll still hold it's value even if they run a 3rd round. As long as they keep to only making a hundred per. Would suck to buy one at full aftermarket price if it took a huge dive.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1126 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 18:16:58 »

LSV3 is the first time

i think

so maybe hold out hope
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1127 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 13:45:19 »

LSV3 is the first time

i think

so maybe hold out hope

Duck has been coming out with a revision of his boards each year, and hasn't indicated he is retiring any time soon. Don't lose hope  :thumb:

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1128 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 13:48:47 »
Does anyone know what the microcontroller on this board is? Is it a atmega32u4?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1129 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:46:37 »
Does anyone know what the microcontroller on this board is? Is it a atmega32u4?

If other leeku-designed PCBs are anything to go off of, it's a 32a. It's definitely not a 32u4.

I have investigated. It's a 32u4.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 August 2017, 14:55:23 by Puddsy »

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1130 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 15:01:25 »
Thanks Puddsy, that's the same as the Octagon V2

Offline kconfire

« Reply #1131 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 00:54:17 »
Mod Edit: No Circumventing Classifieds
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 August 2017, 22:12:23 by byker »

Offline Jumie

« Reply #1132 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 04:26:21 »
So.. who have made the weight insert for their viper v2?

Offline techfresh

« Reply #1133 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 09:09:03 »
We are weighting for Merlin to finish the other GB. Last update there is he is getting the corrected weights next week and then will ship out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #1134 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 09:34:17 »
We are weighting for Merlin to finish the other GB. Last update there is he is getting the corrected weights next week and then will ship out.

Yep, and my current understanding is that when he does the Eagle/Viper weight, he'll just be ordering his own bulk instead of a groupbuy so that they can be sold all at once without wait.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1135 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 14:11:44 »

Yep, and my current understanding is that when he does the Eagle/Viper weight, he'll just be ordering his own bulk instead of a groupbuy so that they can be sold all at once without wait.

Indeed! I apologize for the weight.

Offline kconfire

« Reply #1136 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 01:55:47 »
-

MODERATION NOTE: Do not circumvent the Classifieds Rules by posting outside of the Classifieds subforum.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 August 2017, 12:29:05 by trizkut »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1137 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 11:33:45 »
-

You'll have better luck on mechmarket over the GB thread.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 August 2017, 12:29:13 by trizkut »

Offline kconfire

« Reply #1138 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 11:47:12 »
-

You'll have better luck on mechmarket over the GB thread.

Thanks, I've been posting on mechmarket for a little while without any luck.
-

MODERATION NOTE: Do not circumvent the Classifieds Rules by posting outside of the Classifieds subforum.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 August 2017, 12:29:28 by trizkut »

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1139 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 10:15:15 »
I have an announcement.

I have strayed from my usual build schedule..and actually built my Duck Eagle in less than a year. lol.

I put in Gateron Yellows and holtites! I've been looking for a linear switch that suits me for the longest time, and I have to say these yellows feel fantastic!!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1140 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 10:18:19 »
I have an announcement.

I have strayed from my usual build schedule..and actually built my Duck Eagle in less than a year. lol.

Who are you and what did you do to merlin64?

I put in Gateron Yellows and holtites! I've been looking for a linear switch that suits me for the longest time, and I have to say these yellows feel fantastic!!

:thumb:
Holtites are a godsent for builds like these where it's basically impossible to get another PCB, also great to hear that you like the weight of the yellows.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1141 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 10:43:51 »
MechMerlin is dead. This is MechMorganLeFay. lol

Having keyboards in pieces takes up more room than built keyboards. I've endeavored to finish all my projects this summer and I'm doing great so far!

I'm very surprised with how these yellows feel. I think sometimes we get so caught up in the whole Kustom game that we think only custom switches belong in our keyboard. I'm very happy and very pleased with these yellow despite them being stock lol. In the future I may decide to lube them, but I hope it doesn't ruin their feel. I just have to figure out how to use the software to program it now.

Offline techfresh

« Reply #1142 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 10:46:08 »
MechMerlin is dead. This is MechMorganLeFay. lol

Having keyboards in pieces takes up more room than built keyboards. I've endeavored to finish all my projects this summer and I'm doing great so far!

I'm very surprised with how these yellows feel. I think sometimes we get so caught up in the whole Kustom game that we think only custom switches belong in our keyboard. I'm very happy and very pleased with these yellow despite them being stock lol. In the future I may decide to lube them, but I hope it doesn't ruin their feel. I just have to figure out how to use the software to program it now.
It was more straight forward than I thought.  Thank to this guide https://gist.github.com/ankailou/0b3f3183429536d86ecf4e7d27860b6c

The harder part was trying to figure out what all of the LED/RGB commands do.  Let me know if you get stuck.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1143 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 10:49:35 »
It uses an Atmega32u4, so I was actually looking to see if I could get it to work with QMK. I'm fairly certain I can get the keymap down, but the underglow is gonna take more thinking.

Offline techfresh

« Reply #1144 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 10:52:48 »
Let me know how that goes, I'd much rather use QMK.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1145 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 12:29:20 »
I'd much rather use QMK.

Just don't forget to program a software reset key (it's not like I've ever done that before  :)) ).

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #1146 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 12:57:35 »
I'd much rather use QMK.

Just don't forget to program a software reset key (it's not like I've ever done that before  :)) ).

LOL. What did you do to put it in reset? Did you like have to find the reset pins on the microcontroller and short them?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1147 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 13:14:38 »
I'd much rather use QMK.

LOL. What did you do to put it in reset? Did you like have to find the reset pins on the microcontroller and short them?

Yes

Offline zimo

« Reply #1148 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 07:29:27 »
Where can I find the firmware of eagle V2

After I reset the key, the computer didn't recognize my eagle

Asking for help, I don't know how to go on

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #1149 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 08:08:17 »
Where can I find the firmware of eagle V2

After I reset the key, the computer didn't recognize my eagle

Asking for help, I don't know how to go on

按了reset之后应该是进了loader没出来,重新刷下固件应该就好了。

工具及教程参考这个:https://gist.github.com/ankailou/0b3f3183429536d86ecf4e7d27860b6c