Author Topic: [IC] GMK Royal  (Read 4682 times)

Offline TheNamesTy45

[IC] GMK Royal
« on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 21:23:29 »
Edit: I have added two rough renders. Will most likely be using version 1 going forward with all purple legends.

Hey all,

Sorry for the million interest checks lately. I've really been into designing sets, and have designed around 30 in the past week. I have one final design that I'd like to put to an interest check, and this is probably my favorite one after Fresh Xerus / Spyro.

I designed this set based off of colors typically associated with royalty in purple and gold against a subdued gray and black background.

Added a set of additional modifiers based off of gemstones and other valuable materials that include ruby, emerald, sapphire, ivory, silver, coral, and amethyst. Two different versions here. One has purple legends on black backgrounds and the other has gold legends on a black background.

Version 1:

Version 2:

« Last Edit: Mon, 27 March 2017, 17:24:20 by TheNamesTy45 »

Offline Niomosy

Re: [IC] GMK Royal
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 00:28:58 »
As an LA Kings fan, this set isn't normally my thing but I can't ignore the team colors.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 00:48:23 »
I really like version 1.

It looks like darker-version of GMK Soware.

very interesting to me, and those modifiers option also great as well.

but I would prefer if those shift keycaps option have the same fonts color(yellow)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 02:09:42 »
I vote version 1, the more purple the better
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 04:37:19 »
Yeah, I was wondering about the shift keycaps colors being the same or not. I'll make that change to have them be the same color in the extra gem modifiers.

And yes, I have a very hard time saying no to more purple for anything.

Offline Robotical

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 08:03:29 »
I'm on board with version one for sure.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 09:26:27 »
I vote version 1, the more purple the better

Word. Been waiting on Black Lotus and GMK Halloween (or even violet dolch, Krytone's set) for the longest time but purple my favourite colour so the more the merrier!

This basically looks like the Onyx/Lavender Tai-Hao sets (the base does, at least); not that that's a bad thing, tai-hao copies other people all the time, it was just the thing that sprung to mind right away - it's a really nice set so there's that, I'd definitely be up for having it in real GMK.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 10:53:48 »
have designed around 30 in the past week.

:eek:  Whoa!

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 16:56:50 »
have designed around 30 in the past week.

:eek:  Whoa!

Yeah, it's been a bit of a compulsion lately. Spared you all from many of the ones I didn't like.

Also, it looks like version 1 is getting the most love, so I'm thinking about going forward with that as the version to use.

Anything else you all are seeing that you like, or anything you'd like to see added? As mentioned, I'll change the layout for version 1 to have two yellow shifts in the gem modifier set right after I post this, and then update the original post.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 16:59:51 »
obligatory "do it in DCS" post
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 17:04:30 »

I was wondering when the post would finally get here. I was getting worried about you.  ;)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 17:06:46 »

I was wondering when the post would finally get here. I was getting worried about you.  ;)

i don't wanna post it in all your threads and i'm busy working on my own design
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 00:37:45 »

i don't wanna post it in all your threads and i'm busy working on my own design

I think, for hilarity's sake, you should initially announce the profile as something other than DCS.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 07:40:00 »
Adding in some rough renders per usual.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 17:25:25 »
Any suggestions out there for this set?

Offline m3ll3n

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 17:42:59 »
i prefer version 1, set looks very nice btw  :thumb:

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 19:14:47 »
i prefer version 1, set looks very nice btw  :thumb:

Version 1 definitely seems to be the winner. Want to see what I can do to generate a little more interest around the set to keep pushing it forward.