Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 860043 times)

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)
« Reply #3450 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 20:04:39 »
Here my space grey with grey bottom. Got it from the extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #3451 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 03:20:46 »
Ah really nice! Let me know, when you know which one you like better!

I’ll tell you! I should received my EXENT next week also! So I will have two boards to build :D ! I will likely put some 67g on exent, 78g on m65a (or vice versa) :D

Offline Harms

« Reply #3452 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 01:54:34 »
Ah really nice! Let me know, when you know which one you like better!

I’ll tell you! I should received my EXENT next week also! So I will have two boards to build :D ! I will likely put some 67g on exent, 78g on m65a (or vice versa) :D
78g Zeals eh. That is a nice choice. :)

I'm putting the new Hako Clears on mine. :D

Offline Waah

« Reply #3453 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 08:44:52 »

More
Am I the only one having trouble reaching jchan on both is email (jchan@keyclack.com and support@keyclack.com) ?

I join on keyclack website for a lilac m65a with nylon base. I asked by email for QMK pcb instead of ps2avrgb as told on website, but no response. I am quite afraid it will ship before taking into account the request.

Also.. it been few months that I try joining him for an issue with my Budapest SA keyset also bought on keyclack.com, I have recieved two 7u spacebar instead of one 6.25u and one 7u... at more than 300 bucks the keyset I expect some better customer service !

Start to get really annoyed by the non professionalism of some people here! [\more]
It is CNY/Lantern Festival, but it's fair to say he stopped caring about the community months ago...

Com’on ! CNY was on the 16th! You conduct a buisness, you take people money (and not small amount), you have to be pro about this!

Ah I'm wrong, CNY was 16th - 26th, then Lantern Festival was 27th - 2nd, so nothing is going on :'( Agreed though.

Still, my first email (still unrespond) for issue with Budapest SA was on the 16/01/2018!!
Yeah I emailed him asking to change some of my orders, haven't replied back to me yet. Give him some time, he's a 1-man operation and he was probably resting over the weekend.

I also reached out to jchan regarding a potential and recently placed order with no response received. Having 2-way communication with your customers and setting expectations goes a long way.
This. Decided to check this thread as I haven't gotten a response either for an M65-A (not extras, original GB order).

No ill will here - all my other orders (minus MC Rebirth, still unsure as to what is going on with that one) were fulfilled without issues. I know what he's been through and at this point waiting a little bit more doesn't bother me. Just concerned that the GB is marked complete, yet my order was not fulfilled. Hopefully nobody else is in the same situation.
Still nothing here. Anybody have any insight as to why jchan is entirely ignoring some people?

Offline Harms

« Reply #3454 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 16:20:53 »

More
Am I the only one having trouble reaching jchan on both is email (jchan@keyclack.com and support@keyclack.com) ?

I join on keyclack website for a lilac m65a with nylon base. I asked by email for QMK pcb instead of ps2avrgb as told on website, but no response. I am quite afraid it will ship before taking into account the request.

Also.. it been few months that I try joining him for an issue with my Budapest SA keyset also bought on keyclack.com, I have recieved two 7u spacebar instead of one 6.25u and one 7u... at more than 300 bucks the keyset I expect some better customer service !

Start to get really annoyed by the non professionalism of some people here! [\more]
It is CNY/Lantern Festival, but it's fair to say he stopped caring about the community months ago...

Com’on ! CNY was on the 16th! You conduct a buisness, you take people money (and not small amount), you have to be pro about this!

Ah I'm wrong, CNY was 16th - 26th, then Lantern Festival was 27th - 2nd, so nothing is going on :'( Agreed though.

Still, my first email (still unrespond) for issue with Budapest SA was on the 16/01/2018!!
Yeah I emailed him asking to change some of my orders, haven't replied back to me yet. Give him some time, he's a 1-man operation and he was probably resting over the weekend.

I also reached out to jchan regarding a potential and recently placed order with no response received. Having 2-way communication with your customers and setting expectations goes a long way.
This. Decided to check this thread as I haven't gotten a response either for an M65-A (not extras, original GB order).

No ill will here - all my other orders (minus MC Rebirth, still unsure as to what is going on with that one) were fulfilled without issues. I know what he's been through and at this point waiting a little bit more doesn't bother me. Just concerned that the GB is marked complete, yet my order was not fulfilled. Hopefully nobody else is in the same situation.
Still nothing here. Anybody have any insight as to why jchan is entirely ignoring some people?
You got ignored?

That sucks :(. My Cosmos order was shipped. So he is defiantly here.

Maybe shoot him another e-mail?.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3455 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 16:23:39 »

He's probably avoiding everyone to do with MC Rebirth, I remember seeing someone else get replies on any project apart from MCRB. :rolleyes:

Offline Waah

« Reply #3456 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 18:15:27 »
You got ignored?

That sucks :(. My Cosmos order was shipped. So he is defiantly here.

Maybe shoot him another e-mail?.
I'll give it a couple days then head to reddit. Looks like someone made a post 5 days ago about far less significant issues and got a response.

He's probably avoiding everyone to do with MC Rebirth, I remember seeing someone else get replies on any project apart from MCRB. :rolleyes:
Well what's the situation with that set? At worst, it's a "I don't have the product and can't give you a refund either". If it is completely out of his control, so be it.

These boards on the other hand, were in his possession. Doesn't help that I was promised a tracking number a month back.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3457 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 18:22:02 »

Well what's the situation with that set? At worst, it's a "I don't have the product and can't give you a refund either". If it is completely out of his control, so be it.

These boards on the other hand, were in his possession. Doesn't help that I was promised a tracking number a month back.

From the lack of information on that topic, it's believable the worst scenario is what's happening.

Seems odd that he doesn't want to wrap this up, considering they are on hand as you say...

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #3458 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 16:05:27 »
So the rgb on my board just stopped working completely. Any idea what could have caused this? Already reset the pcb and it's still not working.

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
« Reply #3459 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 22:11:06 »
My top row suddenly stop working. Only Esc, Backspace and Home work. Were working fine after assembly. Then swap back to it after some time, not working now. Reset to original layout, still cant work.

Offline Arallu

« Reply #3460 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 13:55:33 »
Got my M65-A QMK version flashed using the QMK Toolbox and a combination of the default keymap and dead_encryption's keymap.
https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/jc65/v32u4/keymaps/dead_encryption

So far everything works great, RGB (in-switch and underglow) controls on 2nd layer, FN key just to the right on my UP arrow, etc.
However, for some reason the KC_PGUP key, my 2nd down on the most-right column, is not being registered. I've tried remapping to other keys, the in-switch LED lights up, but my key-checker is not registering that the key is activating for some reason.
Uploading my keymap.c in case it's an obvious fix

Edit: switch wasn't fully soldered lol.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:02:41 by Arallu »

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
« Reply #3461 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 01:17:01 »
My top row suddenly stop working. Only Esc, Backspace and Home work. Were working fine after assembly. Then swap back to it after some time, not working now. Reset to original layout, still cant work.

Took a leap of faith. Reapply Solder to my Controller Chip joint. It work now. Puzzled and Happy at the same time.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3462 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 09:52:52 »

Took a leap of faith. Reapply Solder to my Controller Chip joint. It work now. Puzzled and Happy at the same time.

Any pics of where you soldered?   Just in case others have similar issues

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
« Reply #3463 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 10:12:09 »
The first 2 leg of the IC chip. I noticed it look shorter, so I try to reapply solder to it. Flux help with the solder to stick. Cleaned up the excess solder between the legs after the job.191864-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 March 2018, 10:15:05 by trikoi00 »

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3464 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 15:36:10 »
I have a strange issue with QMK pcb, it flash, work fine except row 3 which type random characters when pressed, such as "6tgb " for a pressed "g" or "8ujm " for  a pressed "j". Do you have any idea of what is going on?

Edit: looking at the pattern, it seem that the 3rd row trigger the entiere column, like pressin "g" trigger the collumun with 6 - t - g - b which are alligned. Is it comming from hardware or software? I saw it can be due to some shorting but I did not see where it can happen, check all my solder, there are clean. I am getting sad :(
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 March 2018, 17:08:12 by foxlive »

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
[GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)
« Reply #3465 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 17:09:07 »
I have a strange issue with QMK pcb, it flash, work fine except row 3 which type random characters when pressed, such as "6tgb " for a pressed "g" or "8ujm " for  a pressed "j". Do you have any idea of what is going on?

Edit: looking at the pattern, it seem that the 3rd row trigger the entiere column, like pressin "g" trigger the collumun with 6 - t - g - b which are alligned. Is it comming from hardware or software? I saw it can be due to some shorting but I did not see where it can happen, check all my solder, there are clean. I am getting sad

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
« Reply #3466 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 17:15:01 »
Is your screw in stab causing the short ?

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3467 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 17:16:29 »

Hum I have screw in stab, need to check !

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3468 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 17:18:55 »

I ****ing love you mate, it was the screw in stab in enter, shorting an led slot....

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
« Reply #3469 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 19:02:17 »

I ****ing love you mate, it was the screw in stab in enter, shorting an led slot....
Haha. Glad it solved. Cheers Mate !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3470 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 19:08:31 »
New issue :(

I put a bl_toggle on my main layer, but it appears that when backlight is on, my second layer has some strange behavior, like the reset is not working anymore, the up left down right put on wasd is selecting text at the same time. Any idea on this?

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
[GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)
« Reply #3471 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 20:57:52 »
Did you map the wrong FN key ? FN LT(layer toggle) vs FN ? Or U accidentally toggle to Layer 2 by tapping Esc many times. Cos default keycode of Esc is Layer T 2.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 March 2018, 21:13:55 by trikoi00 »

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3472 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 04:04:40 »
Did you map the wrong FN key ? FN LT(layer toggle) vs FN ? Or U accidentally toggle to Layer 2 by tapping Esc many times. Cos default keycode of Esc is Layer T 2.

My keymap.c is like this:
Code: [Select]
#include "v32u4.h"

const uint16_t PROGMEM keymaps[][MATRIX_ROWS][MATRIX_COLS] = {
  [0] = KEYMAP(
      KC_GESC, KC_1, KC_2, KC_3, KC_4, KC_5, KC_6, KC_7, KC_8, KC_9, KC_0, KC_MINS, KC_EQL, KC_BSLS, KC_GRV, KC_INS,
      KC_TAB, KC_Q, KC_W, KC_E, KC_R, KC_T, KC_Y, KC_U, KC_I, KC_O, KC_P, KC_LBRC, KC_RBRC, KC_BSPC, KC_DEL,
      MO(1), KC_A, KC_S, KC_D, KC_F, KC_G, KC_H, KC_J, KC_K, KC_L, KC_SCLN, KC_QUOT, KC_ENT, KC_PGUP,
      KC_LSFT, KC_NUBS, KC_Z, KC_X, KC_C, KC_V, KC_B, KC_N, KC_M, KC_COMM, KC_DOT, KC_SLSH, KC_RSFT, KC_UP, KC_PGDN,
      KC_LCTL, KC_LGUI, KC_LALT, KC_SPACE, KC_SPACE, KC_SPACE, KC_RALT, KC_RGUI, KC_RCTL, KC_LEFT, KC_DOWN, KC_RGHT
      ),
  [1] = KEYMAP(
      KC_GRV, KC_F1, KC_F2, KC_F3, KC_F4, KC_F5, KC_F6, KC_F7, KC_F8, KC_F9, KC_F10, KC_F11, KC_F12, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS,
      KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_HOME, KC_END, KC_DEL, KC_TRNS,
      MO(1), KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_LEFT, KC_DOWN, KC_UP, KC_RIGHT, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_VOLU,
      KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_PGDN, KC_PGUP, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_PGUP, KC_VOLD,
      KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, MO(2), KC_HOME, KC_PGDN, KC_END
      ),
  [2] = KEYMAP(
      KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, RESET,
      KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, RGB_TOG, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS,
      MO(1), RGB_SAD, RGB_SAI, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, RGB_HUD, RGB_HUI, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS,
      KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, RGB_VAD, RGB_VAI, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, RGB_MOD, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS,
      KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, MO(2), KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS
      ),
};

Very strange behaviour, I don't get why the arrow KC_UP/LEFT/DOWN/RGHT over move the cursor but select text at the same time when put in layer 1 and work properly on layer 0.... which mean that the layer 1 on caps lock trigger at the same time a "shift" .

-----------------------------------------
Edit: look like the strange behaviour is coming from caps lock... Putting caps lock on **** on layer 1 change the behaviour. Now if I just press the caps lock key which is map to MO(1) it trigger caps lock.. But if I press and quickly press like the "a" key which is map to left arrow on layer 1 , it works.. But I really don't get why it activate caps lock for just a simple press, for this keymap.c it is suppose to activate it only if I press caps lock THEN lshift.

Here is my new keymap.c:
Code: [Select]
#include "v32u4.h"

const uint16_t PROGMEM keymaps[][MATRIX_ROWS][MATRIX_COLS] = {
  [0] = KEYMAP(
      KC_GESC, KC_1,    KC_2,     KC_3,     KC_4,     KC_5,     KC_6,    KC_7,    KC_8,    KC_9,    KC_0,    KC_MINS, KC_EQL,  KC_BSPC, KC_DEL, RGB_TOG,
      KC_TAB,  KC_Q,    KC_W,     KC_E,     KC_R,     KC_T,     KC_Y,    KC_U,    KC_I,    KC_O,    KC_P,    KC_LBRC, KC_RBRC, KC_BSLS, KC_PGUP,
      MO(1),   KC_A,    KC_S,     KC_D,     KC_F,     KC_G,     KC_H,    KC_J,    KC_K,    KC_L,    KC_SCLN, KC_QUOT, KC_ENT,  KC_PGDN,
      KC_LSFT, KC_NUBS, KC_Z,     KC_X,     KC_C,     KC_V,     KC_B,    KC_N,    KC_M,    KC_COMM, KC_DOT,  KC_SLSH, KC_RSFT, KC_UP,  BL_TOGG,
      KC_LCTL, KC_LALT, KC_LGUI,  KC_SPACE, KC_SPACE, KC_SPACE, KC_RGUI, KC_RALT, KC_RCTL, KC_LEFT, KC_DOWN, KC_RGHT
    ),
  [1] = KEYMAP(
      KC_GRAVE, KC_F1, KC_F2, KC_F3, KC_F4, KC_F5, KC_F6, KC_F7, KC_F8, KC_F9, KC_F10, KC_F11, KC_F12, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS,
      KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_UP, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS,
      KC_TRNS, KC_LEFT, KC_DOWN, KC_RGHT, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS,
      KC_CAPS, KC_TRNS, RGB_HUD, RGB_HUI, RGB_SAD, RGB_SAI, RGB_VAD, RGB_VAI, BL_DEC, BL_INC, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS,
      RESET, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS, KC_TRNS
      ),
};

Does anyone have face this issue? Or anyone is using the caps lock key as a fn key... When I programmed my gh60 satan I did not face these issue :( !
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2018, 06:30:53 by foxlive »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3473 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 07:26:30 »
Not sure why that keymap would activate caps lock on press.  There’s no way that should happen.  Perhaps that’s not the key map loaded. Maybe it’s failng to compile or flash, or maybe there is an error elsewhere.

Any other screw in stabilizers on that side that need taping?

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3474 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 07:33:38 »
Not sure why that keymap would activate caps lock on press.  There’s no way that should happen.  Perhaps that’s not the key map loaded. Maybe it’s failng to compile or flash, or maybe there is an error elsewhere.

Any other screw in stabilizers on that side that need taping?

Not comming from keymap indeed, it is AGAIN a short, but this time I remove all the screw from screw in stab, did not help. Indeed, the caps lock physical key ALSO trigger the lshift key.... ><

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
« Reply #3475 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 08:53:09 »
hmm, u can try again with just 1 layer on top of base layer. See if the problem persist.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2018, 09:02:55 by trikoi00 »

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3476 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 09:15:15 »
hmm, u can try again with just 1 layer on top of base layer. See if the problem persist.

It persist. I really think it is a short somewhere, but can’t find where :( ! This is super anoying that the caps lock key trigger the lshift key with it, but the lshift key is okay, everything else is okay. Someone face this?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3477 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 09:47:54 »

It persist. I really think it is a short somewhere, but can’t find where :( ! This is super anoying that the caps lock key trigger the lshift key with it, but the lshift key is okay, everything else is okay. Someone face this?

Maybe upload a photo of the PCB showing the shift and caps lock area?

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3478 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 09:58:32 »

Here it is : https://imgur.com/gallery/aCuTP

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3479 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:13:56 »
I don't think it's the issue, but is that left control LED (+) leg soldered to the diode on the right? O.o

EDIT -  sorry, that's the resistor I suppose
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:18:31 by reececonrad »

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #3480 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:15:51 »

your No.6 Switch isn't soldered in ;)

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3481 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:26:39 »
I don't think it's the issue, but is that left control LED (+) leg soldered to the diode on the right? O.o

EDIT -  sorry, that's the resistor I suppose

Indeed the leg is solder to the resistor.. led was not working, but by pressing the pcb on my table I realized it lighted up, then realized it work when the led leg touch the resistor, so solder it in as a fix to this « dead track »

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3482 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:29:38 »

your No.6 Switch isn't soldered in ;)

Indeed, and it works, poor 6 I forgot it. But sill it do not solve this caps lock/ shift issue

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3483 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:30:57 »
You said you removed those stabilizer screws and it didn't help, right?  I'm not seeing any way the connection between the two switches is bridge.  Jchan would have a much better idea since he would understand how the traces run.  I guess your best bet is to contact support with these photos.  He can either help you figure it out or send a replacement.  Hopefully not a replacement, since that is a lot of hard work gone to waste :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:39:17 by reececonrad »

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3484 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:38:49 »
You said you removed those stabilizer screws and it didn't help, right?  I'm not seeing any way the connection between the two switches is bridge.  Jchan would have a much better idea since he would understand how the traces run.  I guess your best bet is to contact support with these photos.  He can either help you figure it out or send a replacement.  Hopefully not a replacement, since that is a lot of hard work gone to waste :(

Yes, removing the screws did not help. Since I had some issues with the other stab it was my first idea, hopping for an easy fix. But it did not turn well :/

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3485 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:39:26 »

Yes, removing the screws did not help. Since I had some issues with the other stab it was my first idea, hopping for an easy fix. But it did not turn well :/

Hopefully it's just a bad diode on the capslock or something.  Those are cheap and pretty easy to fix

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3486 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:56:14 »

Hopefully it's just a bad diode on the capslock or something.  Those are cheap and pretty easy to fix

Stupid question, how do you test a diode ?

Got my **** together and my multimeter out and checked diode around caps lock, they all seems ok
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2018, 11:12:51 by foxlive »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3487 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 11:20:15 »
So, when you press caps lock in a program like switch hitter, it shows that you've pressed both caps lock and shift, right?

When you press shift it works correctly and only triggers shift, correct?

Also, this happens with the default key mapping loaded?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3488 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 11:34:52 »
Did you say this only happens with the in-switch LEDs are on?

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3489 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 12:16:28 »
So, when you press caps lock in a program like switch hitter, it shows that you've pressed both caps lock and shift, right?

When you press shift it works correctly and only triggers shift, correct?

Also, this happens with the default key mapping loaded?

I did not checked with any program, I just remaped caps lock and shift as like "a" and "b" and pressing caps lock type "ab" and pressing shift only "b", it is coherent with the behaviour observed with fn key.

Only "software" fix I found is to put a "KC_NO" in the second layer on the lshift key, so it trigger nothing xD.

And no I don't think it is related to backlight, have to check again, yesterday having the backlight on prevent me to press reset which was the ctrl ket on 2nd layer (so pressing caps lock + lctrl).

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3490 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 04:51:28 »
I ask Jchan about it, he told me he will investigate and come back to me in the next few days as he never faced this issue.

Fingers crossed!

Offline jjwax

« Reply #3491 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 14:41:03 »
I seem to be having a serious problem with static discharge and my m65-a.  Any tips on what I can do/solder to help it ground better when I touch the aluminum case?  I try to discharge before I use it, but sometimes I just don't think/am in the middle of something else

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #3492 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 14:44:19 »
Who designed the PCB for this project?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3493 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 17:41:23 »
I seem to be having a serious problem with static discharge and my m65-a.  Any tips on what I can do/solder to help it ground better when I touch the aluminum case?  I try to discharge before I use it, but sometimes I just don't think/am in the middle of something else

Nope, I have a problem with it too.  I have to run a humidifier

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #3494 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 20:47:29 »

I know a lot of people make a bridge from the ground on USB cables to their alu cases to prevent static

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3495 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 21:10:08 »

I know a lot of people make a bridge from the ground on USB cables to their alu cases to prevent static

I've read the above solution before, but I never gained a clear understanding of the solution.  Are you saying that we should use the mesh wire layer of the cable (underneath the foil and above the inner wires) and somehow bring it outside of the cable and tape it to the case?  I'd be interested in seeing this done but it sounds messy and difficult to plug and unplug (tape and un-tape, i guess).  Or do you actually bridge off of the black ground wire and have that sticking out somehow?  I've made a few of my own usb cables, so I understand a bit, but this seems wonky.

Anyone have an elegant example of this they want to share pics of?

Also, wouldn't this still shock you?  It would travel down the USB cable to your computer and not the PCB, but still shock you, no?

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3496 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 05:02:31 »
I ask Jchan about it, he told me he will investigate and come back to me in the next few days as he never faced this issue.

Fingers crossed!

There was a reversed resistor.. I now it has no polarity, jchan told me to reverse it, I did it anyway but I did not solve the issue and my caps lock still trigger the lshift.. This is anoying :(

Offline jjwax

« Reply #3497 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 09:47:42 »

I've read the above solution before, but I never gained a clear understanding of the solution.  Are you saying that we should use the mesh wire layer of the cable (underneath the foil and above the inner wires) and somehow bring it outside of the cable and tape it to the case?  I'd be interested in seeing this done but it sounds messy and difficult to plug and unplug (tape and un-tape, i guess).  Or do you actually bridge off of the black ground wire and have that sticking out somehow?  I've made a few of my own usb cables, so I understand a bit, but this seems wonky.

Anyone have an elegant example of this they want to share pics of?

Also, wouldn't this still shock you?  It would travel down the USB cable to your computer and not the PCB, but still shock you, no?

I'm also a bit confused/curious about this process

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3498 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 10:02:21 »
Is the bottom of the M65 with static issues a nylon one? That, coupled with a desk mat could be problematic

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3499 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 10:17:08 »
Is the bottom of the M65 with static issues a nylon one? That, coupled with a desk mat could be problematic

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Mine is nylon, yes.  And I have a desk mat... but it has rubber feet.   Not sure how that all works out.