Author Topic: Kinesis Advantage with G20 Profile??  (Read 9992 times)

Offline swi7z3r

Kinesis Advantage with G20 Profile??
« on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 10:31:33 »
Anybody seen someone do this yet? I'm guessing it'll be a tight fit and a whack result, but it's itchy in my brain over it.

Anyone?

Offline JohanAR

Re: Kinesis Advantage with G20 Profile??
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 09:04:05 »
I thought I had seen it but I was probably thinking about this Dactyl with G20s. I'm guessing it would look cool but it feels like number row would get further away from home row since those caps are very tall by default

Offline swi7z3r

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 09:09:16 »
Ohhh F**k me. That looks good! Okay, glad I ordered some. I think if the number row is too hard to use I'll throw some DSAs up there, but I usually rake may board up anyway make them closer. My thumb is long enough to get away with it.

Thanks for the link!!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 13:28:55 »
If I have a mechanical keyboard, why would I want to put chiclet keys on it? :-P

Nah, I think G20 could be interesting for thumb keys. They remind of those on the µTron keyboard. But that's it.

Offline swi7z3r

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 04:07:42 »
It's just another stage of the quest. I find the contoured boards to be so focusing with finger position that it's one of the only situations where a chiclet profile might have a usefulness. We'll see.

I'm also ordering a set of caps from Maltron too to try out. Looks like they'll be thin ABS and I have no hope for the texture, but the deepdish spherical nature of them could be excellent fun. Cheap too!

Offline impaktor

• Blog on emacs & keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 09:31:37 »
How did G20 work for you?

Would be nice with some pictures.

I've previosly seen keycap swaps on kinesis advantage to:
- DSA: http://sitr.us/2014/05/19/kinesis-advantage-with-dsa-keycaps.html and
- SA: http://adereth.github.io/blog/2015/02/17/sa-profile-keys-on-a-kinesis-advantage/

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 12:00:42 »
Personally I LOVE the g20 profile because its so flat. My fingers do not like curved, cylindrical keycaps because they go a bit too deep on my fingers. I'd like the keycap to go down rather than my finger to go even more deeper.

Offline ckofy

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 16:37:16 »
I solely use reversed G20 for thumb keys in pair with DSA and sometimes Cherry. While in case of Cherry reversed R4 keycap works well for thumb key, there are really no alternative in DSA and DSA keycaps have unpleasantly sharp edges. Complete set of G20 is too flat to my taste, I do loose orientation touch typing on it.