Author Topic: Geekkeys keysets?  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Keytrun

Geekkeys keysets?
« on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 00:34:08 »
http://www.geekkeys.com/keysets/

Does anyone know if these are any good? Well made? I have a set of IMSTO thick PBT. Are these the same thing?

The enlarged pictures look like you can see the stem through the top. Is that the case?

What is this otaku thing? http://www.originativeco.com/collections/keysets/products/black-otaku ? Are those the exact same keycaps as the black pbt thick caps on geekkeys? Is there a better place to get some good thick pbt sets?
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 April 2015, 00:44:04 by Keytrun »

Offline KnivesM

Re: Geekkeys keysets?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 00:45:50 »
Depends on which one your talking about. The Thick Blank/Printed ones like these as nice and thick but have a kind of rough texture to them and are blank or lasered where IMSO is dyesub. The dyesub set is only 1.00mm thick and IIRC IMSTO uses Vortex or BSP for his caps which are ~1.5mm/1.3mm thick, so your IMSTO set should be thicker if I'm right. Also they are OEM profile where IMSTO is cherry.

Otaku = blank, I don't think they are the same as the ones on Geekkeys.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 April 2015, 00:51:05 by KnivesM »
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 00:53:32 »
I'm referring to these: http://www.geekkeys.com/geekkeys-blue-grey-blank-thick-pbt-108-keyset/

You can see the stems / scratches  in the picture.

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 01:00:41 »
Any of his that say Thick PBT are the same keys as the one I linked I'm pretty sure, they are just dyed different colors.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 02:13:48 »
Vendor forum here.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Keytrun

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 04:09:14 »
Could someone move this to that section maybe?