Author Topic: Are these POMs worth it?  (Read 2162 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Are these POMs worth it?
« on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 07:47:46 »
Got myself a new KUL ES-87 with clears in smoke white.. want blank key caps and want to try out POM (like PBT so far, dislike ABS for them shines).

Came across this blank black POM set.. You guys think this is good?

http://www.banggood.com/POM-87-Set-Blank-Key-Caps-Black-Keycaps-for-Cherry-MX-Keyboard-p-84081.html

Difficult for me as I live in the Netherlands to get decent key caps. Once bought a PBT vortex blank set from mechkb but they got none at the moment.

Curious how POM feels
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Giorgio

Re: Are these POMs worth it?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 11:01:10 »

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 13:09:52 »
for that price, can't hurt to try!

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 13:37:48 »
Be careful if you are planning to purchase that POM keycaps and if you have mx clear keyboards. I purchase that same set a year ago, the stem for the keycaps is too tight it could break a switch. I installed one keycap on an mx brown keyboard and when I try to remove the keycap I broke the switch. I'm not sure though  if they have fix it by now

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 06:58:28 »
Be careful if you are planning to purchase that POM keycaps and if you have mx clear keyboards. I purchase that same set a year ago, the stem for the keycaps is too tight it could break a switch. I installed one keycap on an mx brown keyboard and when I try to remove the keycap I broke the switch. I'm not sure though  if they have fix it by now

Yeah better to find another set I guess.. also read that there were some other QA issues unfortunately. But I'm really dying to try out some POMs with my clears..

Any other suggestions for POMs? It seems that they are very scarce somehow.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 07:11:30 »

Yeah better to find another set I guess.. also read that there were some other QA issues unfortunately. But I'm really dying to try out some POMs with my clears..

Yeah, I myself is also searching for a POM set. They are really nice to type on. We have two interest check of POM set from feng and Ivan but I am leaning towards Ivan's since it is Cherry profile and thick, https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71572.0. Hopefully it will materialize soon.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 08:06:56 »

Yeah, I myself is also searching for a POM set. They are really nice to type on. We have two interest check of POM set from feng and Ivan but I am leaning towards Ivan's since it is Cherry profile and thick, https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71572.0. Hopefully it will materialize soon.

Thanks! Yeah.. really hope it wil materialize soon. My new KUL ES-87 has ABS caps and I find them horrid. I like the board, but I really do not enjoy the feel / texture of ABS.

Offline kirkvomit

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 10:25:29 »
Are POM keycaps in cherry profile exist?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 10:31:23 »
Are POM keycaps in cherry profile exist?

Yes. I think Zeal contracted or found a company that will make blank POM in Cherry profile. The caps should be on his website.

And if you find a Cherry G80-LXXXX or G81-LXXXX in black, it will be lasered POM.