Author Topic: All new stuff (at least to me)  (Read 2289 times)

Offline N8N

All new stuff (at least to me)
« on: Tue, 28 August 2012, 19:58:04 »
Received in the mail this week, SGI "granite" board, Mionix Naos 3200, and the brown thing underneath is a piece of Masonite with clear contact paper on top and some shelf liner underneath.  Makes for a surprisingly nice mouse surface.  (whipped that up because I was getting sick of using a piece of printer paper as a mouse pad - and I don't like cloth pads.)

2947-0

I'm quite happy with the Granite, it doesn't look good in the pics but other than a little yellow on the space bar I think it will respond nicely to a good cleaning.  The case doesn't look like it's badly yellowed at all.  As I posted in the keyboards forum though, it surprisingly doesn't play nice with the usually recommended Belkin adapter, I had to dig a Ziotek out of the junk box to get it to work.

I do need a wrist rest though... (and yes, the Masonite is about an inch shorter than my keyboard tray, that's because I had a piece that was 24" wide and the keyboard tray is about 25"...  I know, I'm lazy.)
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 August 2012, 20:00:53 by N8N »
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)