Author Topic: Red Modifier Set direct from SP for $18/set + shipping  (Read 27879 times)

Offline mushupork

• I am not knowing
Re: Red Modifier Set direct from SP for $18/set + shipping
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 17 September 2012, 15:01:35 »
Tracking mine online right now and I should get them today.  "out for delivery"

I ordered them last Wed night (9/12) so I am very happy to get them in 3 business days.
Wanted:  Windowed capslock for a QFR

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 17 September 2012, 16:05:49 »
I got mine super quick. Ordered Monday and got then Wednesday
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline ChaoticKinesis

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 02:33:56 »
This is in reference to all the stabilizer stem stuffing mods. After a few days of use I find that doing that has made many of the long keys feel mushy, particularly the right shift. It feels like perhaps the stems are slightly misaligned and the tighter fit emphasizes this fact. I've tried using different materials and it's all the same. Going without stuffing it makes the right shift so wobbly that pushing it down all the way at its left edge using my pinky is impossible. Anyone else experience this?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 02:43:14 »
This is in reference to all the stabilizer stem stuffing mods. After a few days of use I find that doing that has made many of the long keys feel mushy, particularly the right shift. It feels like perhaps the stems are slightly misaligned and the tighter fit emphasizes this fact. I've tried using different materials and it's all the same. Going without stuffing it makes the right shift so wobbly that pushing it down all the way at its left edge using my pinky is impossible. Anyone else experience this?

I could barely get the right shift on without the stabs fallout out. I got it one once it it was it impossable to register shift if you pressed on the way right or way left of the shift. I put some tape in there and the shift hasn't given me problems since. It works and makes the key useable.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 13:07:36 »
Maybe you just used too much tape? you're just using scotch tape right?

WHY are they (Signature Plastics) NOT making keys where the stabs fit as tight as the switch stem? Some design im not grasping here? It's quite lame.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 22 September 2012, 18:38:35 »
Stabilizers were all but impossible to get on with my PBT set from SP. More QC issues perhaps? The only tighter keycap I have is an aluminium one from feng, which I sanded down.

Offline MadScientist46

• Snaged his first CCs -> HappyScientist now ^_^
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 13:01:33 »
Thanks to customs, i received my set yesterday. when i wanted to mount the caps, i realized this (sry for crappy pics, i'm poor):

5034-0  (crack-like-looking darkish line on the right side, hard to see on pics)

another one: 5036-1

all caps have these lines, the bigger ones on top and right side, 1unit keys on the back and some on top. they are clearly visible at daylight. anyone else got this, too?

i wrote to melissa, but she says its due to the color and it happens during production. all they "can do is to suggest using another color next time."  :rolleyes:
Noppoo Choc mini MX-Reds | KBT Pure MX-Reds/Green LEDs

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 13:43:48 »
Thanks to customs, i received my set yesterday. when i wanted to mount the caps, i realized this (sry for crappy pics, i'm poor):

(Attachment Link)   (crack-like-looking darkish line on the right side, hard to see on pics)

another one: (Attachment Link)

all caps have these lines, the bigger ones on top and right side, 1unit keys on the back and some on top. they are clearly visible at daylight. anyone else got this, too?

i wrote to melissa, but she says its due to the color and it happens during production. all they "can do is to suggest using another color next time."  :rolleyes:

I had this exact issue with mine and I was told almost all of them have this lattice style pattern, and it results from the doubleshot process.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 18:59:25 »
Yep, that was a known issue with them. The white part of the doubleshot, aka the first shot, has to be a lattice to let the red flow through and around, and if the color combo is a certain way the lattice can sometimes be subtly noticeable in the finished product. Depends on the combo obviously, but it would have happened with any of the reds... and we wanted red mods.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 19:59:44 »
If you're lucky it only shows up on the stem, like with the PI keys.
http://i.imm.io/FRJo.jpeg

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 04:10:54 »
If you're lucky it only shows up on the stem, like with the PI keys.
http://i.imm.io/FRJo.jpeg
LMAO. I thought I had cracked one of my paw print keys, turns out it's just the same as the stem on that key :p
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.