Author Topic: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard (GB Live!)  (Read 518003 times)

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Re: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard (24/09/2019 - NEW PROTOTYPE PICS ADDED)
« Reply #700 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 20:57:23 »
Added some new photos.

I'll need to check with the vendor about proxies but I want to have the design confirmed first. I am looking to make some adjustments to the design over the next couple of weeks.

Offline kgorin

• Formerly aka_gk
Re: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard (28/09/2019 - NEW PHOTOS ADDED)
« Reply #701 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 06:00:03 »
Added some new photos.

I'll need to check with the vendor about proxies but I want to have the design confirmed first. I am looking to make some adjustments to the design over the next couple of weeks.
Looking good, thanks for the update!

I know this has been brought up before, do you think it would be possible to tighten the gaps around the edges at this stage? I think it would really highlight the premium look

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #702 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 06:06:52 »
Added some new photos.

I know this has been brought up before, do you think it would be possible to tighten the gaps around the edges at this stage? I think it would really highlight the premium look

Show Image

I think the photo you sent has it a bit too tight and the gap is even smaller that the gap between keys.
It's already very hard to remove keycaps from the 1u escape and f13 keys but I could possibly tighten it up like 0.1mm which you may not notice. Something else I can do is raise the walls and reduce the inner chamfer size marginally.

One thing to keep in mind is that the photos are shown with epbt keycaps which sit higher and are also slightly smaller than GMK caps.

Offline kgorin

• Formerly aka_gk
« Reply #703 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 11:01:41 »
I think the photo you sent has it a bit too tight and the gap is even smaller that the gap between keys.
It's already very hard to remove keycaps from the 1u escape and f13 keys but I could possibly tighten it up like 0.1mm which you may not notice. Something else I can do is raise the walls and reduce the inner chamfer size marginally.

One thing to keep in mind is that the photos are shown with epbt keycaps which sit higher and are also slightly smaller than GMK caps.

Yes, I agree that it looks a bit too tight and you're right about keycaps being hard to remove. I suppose we should aim (in general) to gaps being the same in between the caps and between edges and caps. Width wise to roughly the thickness of the average keypuller wire.

Also at this scale I suppose reducing gaps by 0.1mm just might do the trick, but you're the one who has the prototype on hand not me 😛I am sure you'll make the right choice, happy to see this project moving forward 👍

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #704 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 11:30:29 »
Added some new photos.

Show Image

I noticed that the bottom row seems to stick up higher than the other rows in the built proto. e.g. you can see under the bottom of the arrow keys but can't see under the end key in this pic: https://i.imgur.com/pxb4xmr.jpg. Would this gap under the bottom row also be explained by epbt caps sitting up higher; something we wouldn't observe with GMK?

Build looks pretty good though. I am glad you're pursuing a bluer finish too, as many of those pics look passable as black.

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #705 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 13:21:52 »
Show Image
Show Image

Damn, these new photos make it look really clean. Can't wait.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline ivu

« Reply #706 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 15:10:27 »
Just wanted to come by and say that it looks dope!

What are the measurements of the board?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #707 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 16:02:05 »
Just wanted to come by and say that it looks dope!

What are the measurements of the board?
Don't remember off the top of my head but I replied to a post by mechfashion because done of their customers wanted a sleeve made for it.

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #708 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 21:15:47 »
Any idea when this might kick off?

Offline NeroGrave

« Reply #709 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 21:18:48 »
Any idea when this might kick off?

I hope not early October coz there's so many GB going on my wallet is gonna break.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #710 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 23:35:56 »
Even that prototype blue does it for me. 
Really look forward to the GB soon!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline iJeeSung

« Reply #711 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 00:34:47 »
Even that prototype blue does it for me. 
Really look forward to the GB soon!
That plus the silver or maybe even a rose gold for the bae

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #712 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 10:38:46 »
Maybe i missed it, but there is any photo of the internal of the keyboard, i want to see the mount

Offline HoochTheHero

Re: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard (20/07/2019 - PROTOTYPE PROGRESS PICS ADDED)
« Reply #713 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 12:58:02 »
Any idea about the pricing or what vendor is running this? Hope this thing is around $350 or less.

I have a feeling it'll be closer to 450.
more like 550
More like 650

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #714 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 13:35:29 »
Any idea about the pricing or what vendor is running this? Hope this thing is around $350 or less.

more like 550
More like 650

More like — your first born child, 2 camels and the heart of a dragon

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #715 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 15:07:34 »
Maybe i missed it, but there is any photo of the internal of the keyboard, i want to see the mount
I'll get to this soon. I was trying to get a build up and running quickly so I can test and make adjustments ASAP.

more like 550
More like 650
Errr not that high and I hope not as high as the 2 other prices as well.

« Reply #716 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 15:10:26 »
I'll get to this soon. I was trying to get a build up and running quickly so I can test and make adjustments ASAP.

more like 550
More like 650
Sad theres no 7u support but still waiting to throw money at the screen, stoked to see how the mounting is going to work

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Offline HoochTheHero

« Reply #717 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 15:21:18 »

more like 550
More like 650

Yeah I'm just messing around at this point.  I'm in on this board either way but the lower the price thr better. Any idea on a rough estimate for the gb? Just wondering for financial reasons. May have to skip some other gbs.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #718 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 15:23:43 »

more like 550
More like 650

Yeah I'm just messing around at this point.  I'm in on this board either way but the lower the price thr better. Any idea on a rough estimate for the gb? Just wondering for financial reasons. May have to skip some other gbs.
Don't want to give any false hopes on a certain price point, sorry.
There is time to save though because I'm in the middle of tweaking the design to tighten tolerances in certain areas and to make it easier to build.

Offline HoochTheHero

« Reply #719 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 16:03:37 »

more like 550
More like 650

There is time to save though because I'm in the middle of tweaking the design to tighten tolerances in certain areas and to make it easier to build.

I should have been more specific, I was asking about a rough estimate for the timeline not the price. I'm in wherever the price falls. I've been setting aside for this board since I came across it! Im excited to see any changes you come up with!

Offline NeroGrave

« Reply #720 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 19:50:28 »

more like 550
More like 650

As long as its not within early October im all good. Too many good GBs running this coming month.

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #721 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 03:21:03 »
Hope its not exactly paralell with Dawn - this would be overkill ;)

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #722 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 12:25:18 »
hope you guys releasing pricing and gb date soon!!!

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #723 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 15:43:49 »
Is e white still on the table as a colour option? And will it be possible to buy multiple weights?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #724 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 16:42:07 »
Is e white still on the table as a colour option? And will it be possible to buy multiple weights?
Yes to both questions and I'll probably be doing E-white for the next proto.

Offline thornkin

« Reply #725 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 23:30:25 »
If this already been answered, I apologize but there are 700 comments and I might have missed it. Is there a time frame when this is expected to run? Approximately how long do we have to save up for it?

Offline OmniSzron

« Reply #726 on: Sun, 06 October 2019, 05:29:08 »
If this already been answered, I apologize but there are 700 comments and I might have missed it. Is there a time frame when this is expected to run? Approximately how long do we have to save up for it?
No timeframe. Gok is still ordering prototypes, so it might still be a while before this runs.
Fox Lab Key 65 split space

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #727 on: Sun, 06 October 2019, 05:44:26 »

It was mentioned in the last 10 replies but here it is:

more like 550
More like 650

.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline thornkin

« Reply #728 on: Sun, 06 October 2019, 15:59:01 »
Thanks!

Offline KaosJ

Re: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard
« Reply #729 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 00:23:49 »
Great, another 75%! 👏
not a fan of the logo though, smh it reminds me of the Louis Vuitton logo, which I think downgrades the design a little bit 🤔

Usually i don't like logos on the top, but this logo is what makes this keyboard good to me

Offline pchoi

« Reply #730 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 12:58:54 »
Hi. I'm super new to the keyboard scene but this is a dream build from what i can tell! I have a few questions (apologies if they have been answered in the prev 15 pages of thread haha)

1. Will the PCB allow for QMK customization or something like it? I have a mac and want to be able to utilize it to the fullest
2. Is there any plan to make a polycarbonate version?
3. Will the group buy be unlimited, or will there be a limited amount sold?
4. Will the sale be announced on this thread or through a separate website?

Hoping for a sub $300 price tag lol, maybe with an unlimited gb the price could get that low. Cheers
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 October 2019, 13:00:36 by pchoi »

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #731 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 14:52:40 »
Hi. I'm super new to the keyboard scene but this is a dream build from what i can tell! I have a few questions (apologies if they have been answered in the prev 15 pages of thread haha)

1. Will the PCB allow for QMK customization or something like it? I have a mac and want to be able to utilize it to the fullest

Hoping for a sub $300 price tag lol, maybe with an unlimited gb the price could get that low. Cheers

1. see pg 1: PCB is QMK compatible. I doubt that will change at this point
2. see pg 12: probably won't be any special editions in other materials, although there might be PC plates
3. see pg 10: plans were to have an unlimited GB but that could have changed by now
4. sale will almost definitely be announced here and on gok's instagram https://www.instagram.com/gok101/

pg 10: price won't be sub-300.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #732 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 15:32:53 »
Added some new photos.

Show Image

Pretty sure this is the closer fit you can get if you want to use these keys. If you mean an higher wall, well that would be great, if you just mean closer, believe me this is already too tight

Offline pchoi

« Reply #733 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 16:25:52 »

1. see pg 1: PCB is QMK compatible. I doubt that will change at this point
2. see pg 12: probably won't be any special editions in other materials, although there might be PC plates
3. see pg 10: plans were to have an unlimited GB but that could have changed by now
4. sale will almost definitely be announced here and on gok's instagram https://www.instagram.com/gok101/

pg 10: price won't be sub-300.

Thank you for the quick reply!! Definitely followed them on insta, thats a good idea.
And one can still hold on hope w the price ;) haha. Appreciate it

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #734 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 19:01:33 »
New photos of the black prototype and a link to the build album added.

Offline rondg

« Reply #735 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 19:16:01 »

Nice!!!

Offline julianquack

Re: [IC] 7V - 75% Keyboard (12/10/2019 - NEW PHOTOS ADDED)
« Reply #736 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 19:48:33 »
could we get a typing test :o??

Offline Jaystice

« Reply #737 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 20:25:03 »
I swear I saw this board in a dream before. I must have it
Bottom Text

Offline architones

« Reply #738 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 21:01:01 »
Interesting, so it looks like the leaf spring is on the pcb instead of the plate. In general how does the leaf spring feel on the board?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #739 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 21:22:31 »
Interesting, so it looks like the leaf spring is on the pcb instead of the plate. In general how does the leaf spring feel on the board?
There is a huge difference between the 2 builds I've done.

With the polycarbonate plate, the leafspring works as intended and the pcb/plate combo flexes together for the most part. The left and right sides do flex a bit more and this is amplified with the plateless build where the edges flex like crazy because there isn't a plate to distribute the force to the other switches and you get more localised flex. I'll be respacing the mounting points to fix this for the next prototype.

Offline kgorin

• Formerly aka_gk
« Reply #740 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 01:56:48 »
Pretty sure this is the closer fit you can get if you want to use these keys. If you mean an higher wall, well that would be great, if you just mean closer, believe me this is already too tight
I won't

Mounting system is pretty interesting, really curious how well it works

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #741 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 06:03:55 »
I won't

if you make it tighter, the cap pressed wobbles, by wobbling it will hit the wall (also not all caps are exactly the same dimension, most of them are around 18.30mm but some might be bigger, there are new coming).
The space between caps is about 0.75mm meaning that gap you see is 0.30/0.35. If you have it, take a calipher and check how much is small 0.35mm please, that's the distance from the cap and the wall if the wall is high like the cap.  The only thing OP could do to reduce the gap from the angle, is to make the wall higher (but probably is already high enough and good like it is). Imho he did a good job with that wall distance, if smaller, it will be risky and most likely faulty for someone.

@gok101 feel free to correct me if i'm wrong with the quoted measurement
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 October 2019, 06:11:00 by KaosJ »

Offline pchoi

« Reply #742 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 12:51:53 »
Is there a specific name for this type of layout? Or is it completely unique? Asking so that I can look up other keyboards that may look similar, with the staggered arrow keys. Thanks!

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #743 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 13:32:51 »
Is there a specific name for this type of layout? Or is it completely unique? Asking so that I can look up other keyboards that may look similar, with the staggered arrow keys. Thanks!
It's a 75% but with separators and an offset arrow cluster.
There isn't another with the exact layout at thr moment but E7-V1 and Satisfaction75 are close. If you don't care about whether the arrows are offset or not, there's the Primus and the Dawn.

Offline Solotov

« Reply #744 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 22:51:57 »
OMG, definitely black weight + silver logo for me  :eek:
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline rrisk93

« Reply #745 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 00:02:29 »
Please consider, White body with "SHINY" copper colored Logo and Weight!! :thumb:

Offline hb_swift

« Reply #746 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 12:21:47 »
Made an account on here just for this...absolutely stunning board!

Offline itsmartin

« Reply #747 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 01:49:23 »
Made an account on here just for this...absolutely stunning board!

I did the same! Went from browsing casually to making sure I can keep tabs on this one.

Very interested.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 October 2019, 03:13:16 by itsmartin »

Offline pchoi

« Reply #748 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 00:58:39 »
Ughh you HAVE to make a polycarbonate version of this!!!

Offline KrasH

• Instagram Profile
« Reply #749 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 03:49:06 »
I'm so ready for this! In for all black one to go with GMK Miami Nights.