geekhack Community > geekhack Media

IBM 122 "Battlefleet" Club: For Battleships and Battlecruisers:

<< < (3/13) > >>

sharktastica:

--- Quote from: jacethesaltsculptor on Thu, 02 January 2020, 19:57:33 ---I'm rather sad by that, as when I'm going through text, I think that the "+ Nav" is a lot more pleasant to work with.
--- End quote ---

I partially agree. I use my battleship and battlecruiser plus-nav frequently with the centre key being mapped to enter to speed up menu navigation and executing my command line history. I do, however, find it uncomfortable for playing games (such as Undertale) that force you to use the arrow keys with no in-game remapping offered. I simply resolve this by having a T-nav on my M50 especially for this scenario, although a toggleable AHK script that temporarily Enter->Down would also work.

sharktastica:
...and finally, decent photos of my club members!

jacethesaltsculptor:

--- Quote from: sharktastica on Mon, 20 January 2020, 09:05:48 ---
--- Quote from: jacethesaltsculptor on Thu, 02 January 2020, 19:57:33 ---I'm rather sad by that, as when I'm going through text, I think that the "+ Nav" is a lot more pleasant to work with.
--- End quote ---

I partially agree. I use my battleship and battlecruiser plus-nav frequently with the centre key being mapped to enter to speed up menu navigation and executing my command line history. I do, however, find it uncomfortable for playing games (such as Undertale) that force you to use the arrow keys with no in-game remapping offered. I simply resolve this by having a T-nav on my M50 especially for this scenario, although a toggleable AHK script that temporarily Enter->Down would also work.

--- End quote ---

That's an interesting idea, map Enter to the central button on the + nav. I've stuck with Unicomp's suggestion to keep home there, and I've gotten quite used to it, but I wouldn't say it's the most efficient. You make me wish to poke around with that more.

--- Quote from: sharktastica on Mon, 20 January 2020, 16:45:52 ---...and finally, decent photos of my club members!
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

--- End quote ---

Killer entries man. The battlefleet grows by the day.

depletedvespene:

--- Quote from: jacethesaltsculptor on Sun, 26 January 2020, 15:01:38 ---
--- Quote from: sharktastica on Mon, 20 January 2020, 09:05:48 ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

That's an interesting idea, map Enter to the central button on the + nav. I've stuck with Unicomp's suggestion to keep home there, and I've gotten quite used to it, but I wouldn't say it's the most efficient. You make me wish to poke around with that more.

--- End quote ---

I do a lot of Excel, so I decided to put Scroll Lock there. I realize it may not be a god fit for others (or pretty much anyone else), but as things go for me, it's perfect!

I'll be shooting a picture of my F122 to post here, but first I need to decide whether to keep its OG caps or put in the APL set.

-Space-NATO-:
This is the trunk of my car right now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version