geekhack Community > Keyboards

Good prelubed switches?

(1/4) > >>

/jayemhaitch:
Hey all, thanks for looking!

Anyone know of a good place to order prelubed switches? Iím building a keyboard for my son and would love to skip that part ;D . For reference heíll probably like either Cherry brown or reds. Still waiting on the tester to arrive for him to try em out.

Leopard223:
There's the Silk Milkshake Switches by NovelKeys, I dont know how they perform but they come prelubed with 205g0, probably not as good as manual lubing with 205g0 but I'd guess you can't go better than that, and I think they're the same wight as the Cherry reds, there's also the Aqua king by Everglide which got very good feedback and also came prelubed (IDK with what).

Alternativly you can go the extra mile and buy second hand lubed switches, or get what you want and pay someone to manual lube them.

/jayemhaitch:

--- Quote from: Leopard223 on Sat, 03 April 2021, 13:29:59 ---There's the Silk Milkshake Switches by NovelKeys, I dont know how they perform but they come prelubed with 205g0, probably not as good as manual lubing with 205g0 but I'd guess you can't go better than that, and I think they're the same wight as the Cherry reds, there's also the Aqua king by Everglide which got very good feedback and also came prelubed (IDK with what).

Alternativly you can go the extra mile and buy second hand lubed switches, or get what you want and pay someone to manual lube them.

--- End quote ---

Cool. Thanks for the tips. Iíll search on those!

retoid:
This is a pretty decent place with good prices and nice selection: https://loobedswitches.com/

/jayemhaitch:

--- Quote from: retoid on Sat, 03 April 2021, 19:07:37 ---This is a pretty decent place with good prices and nice selection: https://loobedswitches.com/

--- End quote ---

Hey thanks, this one looks good too. Iíve yet to find prelubed Cherries tho that support back lights tho. Iím wondering if I should stray from Cherry but Iíd like to start him off with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version