Author Topic: [IC] Sisyphus65 - Cylindrical Support Column, Dual-Color Anodized Badge  (Read 6434 times)

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
    • Mechanical keyboards for typers

SISYPHUS65
Designed by Maniac Rabbit Studio

Intro
Hello keyboard friends, this is Velocifire. We took over this project from DM studio and we are delighted to have the opportunity to share the newest information of this keyboard with you. :)

Designs
Our vision for the Sisyphus 65 was to create a visually appealing keyboard that draws inspiration from the absurdist tale of Sisyphus, a well-known ancient Greek myth. Our aim was to achieve a sophisticated design that is easily recognizable due to its uniqueness. To pay homage to the dystopian hero, we have incorporated contoured lines on the keyboard that depict the hill and the boulder. The PVD stainless steel column represents the weight of the boulder, while the straight lines on the main part of the case top represent the hill. Moreover, we have included the Morse code "C L I M B" on the top of the keyboard, a word that is used repeatedly in the Sisyphus story. Additionally, we have used dichroic anodizing on the front of the keyboard and the metal badge to add to its charm and character.
Overall, we are confident that the Sisyphus 65 will capture your imagination and leave you enchanted with its exquisite design and attention to detail.

New Keyboard Version
Just as Sisyphus was condemned to endlessly push a boulder up a hill, designers must continue to refine and improve their creations, never truly reaching a final destination. The SE version of our keyboard embodies this eternal pursuit of excellence.

What is the difference between the SE version and the standard version?

1. The default cylinder weight of the SE version is a black crack style not PVD.

2. The chamfers around the keyboard case of the SE version are processed into gold or silver via Dual-color Anodized process, which is more noble and elegant, and visually improved.
Burgundy SE.ver (Gold chamfer)

Black SE.ver (Silver chamfer)

Black SE.ver (Gold chamfer)

New Add On
To enhance playability and increase enjoyment, each kit now includes a keypad plate that can be used to assemble a keypad when combined with the upgrade bag.

Upgrade bag contains
- Case*1
- Bluetooth dual-mode PCB*1
- Middle frame*1
- Foot pad*4
- Screws*4
Ps. The switches and the keycaps in the renders are not included by the upgrade bag.

Prototype
Mountain Black

Forest Green

Rock Gray

E-White

Showcase & Sound Test & Assembly

Showcase

Sound Test

Assembly

PCB Features
ANSI Supported
VIA Supported
1.2mm Flex-cut Wired Hotswap PCB
Ladder Caps Key, Split Backspace Supported (Only for ANSI Layout)

What you can customize

Cases color

Mountain Black

Forest Green

Rock Gray

Cloud White(Electrophoretic)

Burgundy

Ice Blue
More Renders

Rectangle Weight
PVD Stainless Steel: Gold, Silver

Cylinder Weight
PVD Stainless Steel: Gold, Silver

Crack Stainless Steel: Black (Only for the SE version)

Strip
Flat strip, Mountain-shaped strip

Plate
PC(black/white), FR4, Alu

Dual-Color Anodized Badge

Explosion Diagram

Specification
Mount: PCB Gasket
Case Material: Full CNC 6063 Aluminum
Typing Angle: 6.8°
Size: 320mm*130mm*34.33mm
Front Height: 19.24mm

GB Information
GB Time: June 9th- June 30th 2023
Estimated Delivery Time: 8-10 weeks after the GB end
GB Price: From 299$

Vendor
CA: DeskHero
AU: Daily Clack
EU: KEYGEM
UK: Mechboards
KR: Monstargear
JP: Basekeys
PH:Zionstudios
MY:Rebult Keyboards
SG:Ktechs
Rest of the world: Velocifire

Content Creator
DBOKEY (Black SE Silver Chamfer Version)
Alexotos (Burgundy SE Gold Chamfer Version)
Keybored (Forest Green)

Please stay tuned!  :D

nearLucid (Mountain Black)

edwardtanujayaa (E-White)

Welcome to check the Product Page to subscribe this keyboard! We will inform you via email when the GB start.  :D

Welcome to join our Discord for more discussion, latest update and questions! :)

Welcome to fill in the IC Form if you are interested in the Sisyphus65.;)

« Last Edit: Fri, 09 June 2023, 02:51:22 by john08099 »
Velocifire Website: https://www.velocifiretech.com/
E-mail: John@velocifiretech.com
Make Typing Better | Velocifire

Offline MMJ1999

Definitely looking forward to the GB. Hope to see the reviews soon! :)

Offline Siak

I’ve been following this keyboard for a while but mykeyboard for EU vendor is a hard pass.
Good luck guys!

Offline Nevrest

I’ve been following this keyboard for a while but mykeyboard for EU vendor is a hard pass.
Good luck guys!
Could be worse, at least it's not CandyKeys

Offline Siak

Good luck guys!

Yeah no, mkb is definitely worse than candykeys (not that they’re better by much, both should be avoided at all costs imo)

Offline TypeBis

Good luck guys!

+1. CandyKeys is auto-skip.

cool board looking forward to GB!

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
Definitely looking forward to the GB. Hope to see the reviews soon! :)
Thank you so much! :thumb:

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
Good luck guys!
Thank you for following it! Do you mind if i ask why you don't like this EU vendor?

Offline Siak

Good luck guys!
Thank you for following it! Do you mind if i ask why you don't like this EU vendor?

Well to keep this short you can take a look at this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/131s5id/mykeyboard_fails_to_deliver_refunds_delayed_gmk/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=2&utm_term=1

And if you go into their discord server you can see 2 days ago in the news channel they finally admitted they have cashflow issues (which many of us already had suspected but now it’s confirmed).

So after knowing all this, if you still feel comfortable running your project with them I guess it’s your choice but I don’t trust them nor feel comfortable with giving them my money (especially regarding group buys, since they’re know for not paying invoices and delaying the whole project) so I choose to stick only with whatever eloquentclicks and keygem run with.

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
Good luck guys!

Well to keep this short you can take a look at this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/131s5id/mykeyboard_fails_to_deliver_refunds_delayed_gmk/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=2&utm_term=1

And if you go into their discord server you can see 2 days ago in the news channel they finally admitted they have cashflow issues (which many of us already had suspected but now it’s confirmed).

So after knowing all this, if you still feel comfortable running your project with them I guess it’s your choice but I don’t trust them nor feel comfortable with giving them my money (especially regarding group buys, since they’re know for not paying invoices and delaying the whole project) so I choose to stick only with whatever eloquentclicks and keygem run with.
Thank you for your info, we have changed the EU vendor to KEYGEM already. What's more, We have updated a part of reviews and new prototype photos in the post, please feel free to check! :D

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
Re: [IC] Sisyphus65 - Cylindrical Support Column, Dual-Color Anodized Badge
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 09 June 2023, 02:48:18 »
Hello guys, the GB of Sisyphus65 is live now, please feel free to check our GB post here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=120498.msg3163800#msg3163800