geekhack Community > geekhack Media

Post your Ergodox!

<< < (2/77) > >>

CommunistWitchDr:

--- Quote from: Glod on Wed, 24 April 2013, 19:30:29 ---all my pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/panicfx/sets/72157633198800512/

Show Image

making changes soon though and i still have the other one to build

--- Quote from: SmallFry on Wed, 24 April 2013, 15:19:38 ---Isn't there already an eDox thread? :confused:

--- End quote ---

:/ no love for Glod topics

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42231.0

the ergodox makes me happy every day

--- End quote ---

I noticed you have aluminum and acrylic. How does the acrylic plate compare to the metal one?

Glod:
i think you messed up quoting my post

yeah the aluminium case needs to be shaved (or the PCB) for the PCB to work with the case and the case is very rough to touch and kind of dirty so many have cleaned and sanded and buffed it.

i have yet to do anything to the aluminium case yet so right now except try out the top and bottom layers on the acrylic one so i don't have the second ergodox yet, not that i need it right now anyway.

the acrylic for the most part is cut correctly, i think i saw a burn mark but nothing noticeable.

problem with the acrylic, especially clear acrylic, its not very pretty, it makes something that looks geeky already look even more geeky and it gets dirty very easily.

and this is coming from me who owns a 30" tall danger den clear acrylic tower LOL

CommunistWitchDr:

--- Quote from: Glod on Wed, 24 April 2013, 20:18:54 ---i think you messed up quoting my post

yeah the aluminium case needs to be shaved (or the PCB) for the PCB to work with the case and the case is very rough to touch and kind of dirty so many have cleaned and sanded and buffed it.

i have yet to do anything to the aluminium case yet so right now except try out the top and bottom layers on the acrylic one so i don't have the second ergodox yet, not that i need it right now anyway.

the acrylic for the most part is cut correctly, i think i saw a burn mark but nothing noticeable.

problem with the acrylic, especially clear acrylic, its not very pretty, it makes something that looks geeky already look even more geeky and it gets dirty very easily.

and this is coming from me who owns a 30" tall danger den clear acrylic tower LOL

--- End quote ---

Oops, fixed it.

I was mostly wondering how it felt to type on, I'm getting a case custom cut in black and white (Black top/bottom, white middle) so the look shouldn't be so bad.

Glod:
the acrylic is very sturdy and thick so i think the typing is the same though i havent fully assembled my aluminum yet

if you have the full hand then of course the feeling would be different on the actual hands.

WRXChris:
I just finished mine yesterday, and I'm loving it!  The ergo clear switches are lubed with a mixture of GPL-103 & 205.  I used SMD diodes (my first attempt at SMD soldering and after getting over the jitters it was easy!)  One of my plates seems to be cut funky and wouldn't hold switches in certain locations (the other one was perfect, every switch snapped right into place), and it was a pain to hold the switch down while feeding the solder with the same hand on the opposite side of the pcb, iron in the other hand of course, but I made it through it!

Here is my layout so far: https://www.massdrop.com/ext/ergodox/?referer=HEXPCZ&hash=690ba45eae62982a0d5db34a3cc5a113

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version