Previous Events Archive > KeyCon 2017

[IC] Artisan Casting Demo

<< < (3/5) > >>

OfTheWild:
I suggested this for the Asheville meet last year because we had some rockstar crafters there - binge, booper, retrochick - and it never materialized (or was shunned).

I'd be glad to help as well. Let me know if you need me to bring any of my equipment.

I'm of the belief that cap value is from originality, sculpt skill, and quality... not from group exclusivity or knowledge of the process. I hope everyone leaves this place going home and making crappy blanks or copies of store bought toy heads! Its fun and it will put some perspective on what a good cap is (and not to pay for one that isnt!). :thumb:

fendent:

--- Quote from: OfTheWild on Fri, 10 March 2017, 20:02:46 ---I suggested this for the Asheville meet last year because we had some rockstar crafters there - binge, booper, retrochick - and it never materialized (or was shunned).

I'd be glad to help as well. Let me know if you need me to bring any of my equipment.

I'm of the belief that cap value is from originality, sculpt skill, and quality... not from group exclusivity or knowledge of the process. I hope everyone leaves this place going home and making crappy blanks or copies of store bought toy heads! Its fun and it will put some perspective on what a good cap is (and not to pay for one that isnt!). :thumb:

--- End quote ---

Agreed! I'll probably be showing off what the synth is and how it is used also. I'm going to be driving to the con and intend to bring my equipment with me fortunately :) I am considering right now how to put the funds together to purchase suitable PPE. Masks cost about $3 apiece so I'll either ask for donations or raffle off some chances for people to make their own caps. We'll see!

Moistgun:

--- Quote from: fendent on Fri, 10 March 2017, 20:43:12 ---
--- Quote from: OfTheWild on Fri, 10 March 2017, 20:02:46 ---I suggested this for the Asheville meet last year because we had some rockstar crafters there - binge, booper, retrochick - and it never materialized (or was shunned).

--- End quote ---

Agreed! I'll probably be showing off what the synth is and how it is used also. I'm going to be driving to the con and intend to bring my equipment with me fortunately :) I am considering right now how to put the funds together to purchase suitable PPE. Masks cost about $3 apiece so I'll either ask for donations or raffle off some chances for people to make their own caps. We'll see!

--- End quote ---
I can't bring respirators for everyone but let me know if there's something I can help with.

fendent:

--- Quote from: Moistgun on Sun, 19 March 2017, 23:11:42 ---
--- Quote from: fendent on Fri, 10 March 2017, 20:43:12 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I can't bring respirators for everyone but let me know if there's something I can help with.

--- End quote ---

Will do if I think of some things I could use help with! Thank you!

ineph:

--- Quote from: Kominyetska on Fri, 10 February 2017, 13:42:39 ---I'd be interested in a detailed video of this (since I won't be able to attend KeyCon).

--- End quote ---

Me too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version