Author Topic: [GB]JER80S(JER-A06), Ultimate 80% OG Cherry Style Keyboard Kit, GB JULY 1ST  (Read 12572 times)

Offline endjy

————————update @Jan 10th, 2022 by Endjy——————————
All units were sent, Customer Service Form collected and replacement are almost ready

————————update @Oct 10th, 2021 by Endjy——————————
Hello everyone, I am the author of Jer. I am sorry to tell you that the j80s original plan to be shipped from Oct needs to be postponed. I think it will need 1-2 more months.

Timeline till now:
October 2019: j80s plan developed
November 2019: CNC completed 40 units
December 2019: Prepared for electrophoresis, but was told that the electrophoresis factory could not arrange tasks at the end of the year.
January 2020: Outbreak
March 2020: The electrophoresis factory started, but I found coating a more suitable way.
April 2020: China GB opens
At this time, I have communicated with a coating factory, but when I was about to start, I found that electrostatic spraying is better than the previous coating method. So I found four other coating factories in the next few months.
July 2020: GH and South Korea GB opened.
August 2020: The additional order CNC was completed, and the oil removal was done, just waiting for coloring. All of those processes only took three days.
September 2020: Plug, Cable, Packaging, PCB were all completed.

At this time, I found two e-coating factories. One of them was processing Mercedes-Benz reflector parts during the inspection. I thought that it should be very reliable. I was planning to choose 1 from 2 of these 2 factories. For electrostatic coating, I asked the paint factory to match the color, and one of them made a color and texture sample before October. October 1st~7th were holidays in China, and they didn’t start working until today. The next thing I want to wait for is the test result of the sample coating from the other factory, and then buy custom color powder, wait and coat.

I am very sorry about this, and in order to find a better effect, I had to extend the plan to make the product more perfect. In fact, due to various restrictions, all my group purchase funds have been frozen in my paypal account since the beginning. All the expenses were paid by me. In the past few months, I drove 6,000 kilometers in China and spent dozens of nights between several factories. What I said is not to get sympathy, but to tell my friends that I will work hard to complete everyone's orders and give better things to everyone, because this is my interests and love.
I apologize again to my friends and thank you for your support and trust.

The following is a photo of the confirmed color and texture samples. I referenced g80-3007 (gh gb) and g80-3077 (Korea gb) for color matching. Because of their gloss and light problems, they still look a little bit different, but in my opinion, the actual products have made me very satisfied. After all, the two old keyboards have been slightly yellowed and cannot pursue their original perfect color standards.
253348-0

253350-1

————————————end of update—————————————
J80s GB is finally coming!!

REAL PICTURES: https://imgur.com/gallery/trB2XPk

IC: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105121.0

Form: https://forms.gle/pM3ndhuuVVASSajZ7

Order extra PCB for PREVIOUS J80:
https://forms.gle/XCmpz2NgfbNFtsUF7
NOTE: do not use this link if you win a J80s, this form will open 12HR since 9am est

DATE:
July 1st

PRICE:
$650 EXCLUDES shipping and PayPal Fees
$50 for extra PCB (compatible with the previous J80 and can be purchased along with a separate link)
NOTE: Lane order needs to be changed to fit the previous J80.
Shipping cost: SF EXPRESS: South Korea $41, the United States/Canada $71, Singapore/Malaysia/Vietnam $42, Japan $50, Australia/the United Kingdom/Germany/France/Netherlands/Italy $92.

TIME AND UNIT:
July 1st
40 Units, two timje zones, FCFS.
20 for 7AM EST
20 for 7PM EST
Link will Post in Discord, so join our channel first!!!
https://discord.gg/kftxYRS

TIMELINE:
20 units cnc done, waiting for coating.
20 units waiting for cnc.
ship in about 3 month

SPEC:
Aluminum Case (Top + Bottom)
Hand Polished Stainless-Steel Weight
Internal Sound Dampener
Plateless
NCR Front Nameplate * 2
Brass Back Nameplate with a unique limited number.
Aluminum LED indicator unit
LED indicator sticker * 4
LEMO Style Aviation Plug
Titanium Alloy Screws

COLOR:
NCR colorway(ONLY THE LIGHTER ONE!!!!)
Coating method
Color matches NCR-3007

NOTE:
The Stainless-Steel Weight is hand polished to reach the best mirror effect, however, some little scratch can be caused by shipping and daily usage. We cannot guarantee 100% perfection due to international shipping and handling.  Although most of them can be fixed by wiping with copper wipes, we suggest you using professional polishing tools if there are major scratches.

SPECIAL SUPRISE
At the time of delivery, I will send out ONE unique J80S within 40 of them. This unique JER80S bottom cover will be made of PC.
The fortunate buyer who received this special JER80S can contact me via email and I will send you a brand new JER product: JER1800 or JERGO. And the JER80S bottom cover made of aluminum alloy will be sent to you together, with shipping cost on my own.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 January 2022, 11:34:50 by endjy »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Approved :thumb:

Offline ttom

• Formerly tvaro
1st

yes
Hoarder Collector and designer

Classifieds

Offline HungerMechanic

Really looking forward to seeing the results of this. I'm waiting for the next GB for regular [plastic] JER-A06, but GL to all participants!

Offline mchanneh

• trying to reset terrible typing habits!
Would it be possible to just buy the PCB?
Kailh Box Royals | Cherry Reds | Knockoff Blues

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
    • https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
I really wanted to try it once I saw the first version. This looks even better, so I will definitely try my luck getting a spot :)

Offline endjy

definately yes!

Offline mrpetrov

im not sure if you're reading geekhack god but, if you are, please can i win a raffle spot for this. i have been a v good boy this year.

Offline KneeDeep

Super excited about this!

Offline mchanneh

definately yes!

Great, would I order via a separate link? + when would it be available?

Offline endjy

definately yes!

Great, would I order via a separate link? + when would it be available?
NOW!

Offline mrpetrov

Congratulations on a successful start to the GB! Gz to the 40 who got spots in this stunning board.

Offline udller

those shipping prices are you the kit i assume, how much for people just getting the pcbs ?

Offline mchanneh

I've ordered an extra pcb but received no email, is this still available?

Offline pr0ximity

Re: [GB]JER80S(JER-A06), Ultimate 80% OG Cherry Style Keyboard Kit, GB JULY 1ST
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 20:26:56 »
So hyped, the color matching looks great. I can’t wait to see the results of all of your hard work 👍👍
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
Re: [GB]JER80S(JER-A06), Ultimate 80% OG Cherry Style Keyboard Kit, GB JULY 1ST
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 23:44:27 »
Thanks for the update, and don't mind waiting to receive the best possible product. :-*