Author Topic: Doge Coin  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Findecanor

Re: Doge Coin
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 14:23:45 »
Just say "No"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 14:33:05 »
I wouldn't support meme financials

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 15:06:53 »
I wouldn't support meme financials

Why not ?

Because I don't want to support something with zero real financial backing that is funded sheerly by the blind retardation of only the most uninformed consumer whos idea of a joke is to yolo their own money away. I don't even wanna be in the same pool as these idiots.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 15:16:44 »
Because I don't want to support something with zero real financial backing that is funded sheerly by the blind retardation of only the most uninformed consumer whos idea of a joke is to yolo their own money away. I don't even wanna be in the same pool as these idiots.

But that's every person that bought into BTC. It's the same set of personalities /people.

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 17:34:17 »
How silly of those who have already made millions.

Although, I'm not sure I'd recommend jumping in this late...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 18:21:26 »
Doge coin is def not worth it. Currently 130bil  in circulation with 14.5m mined per day, value will decrease as soon as the meme dies. If you wanna get on something that will sustain value you can do monero since it will always be used in sales, but not really ethical imo

Edit: Oops, typo on doge in circulation ty for pointing out Les!
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 May 2021, 09:02:25 by Signature »
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 22:15:20 »
Doge is a meme.
Could it become something? Maybe, but don't buy into the hype, it's the coin equivalent of a company run out of a closet, it could pack up and be gone tomorrow. Once the hype runs out there's nothing left. Not much uses it, it has no long term plans, it's simply riding on hype, more so than any other coin. It's a pet rock.

Doge is the perfect target for people who hate crypto to point at, and for all the right reasons.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 08:10:16 »
Bit more explanation...

Dogecoin is the baseball cards of crypto, except all the cards are for the same dog mascot and they keep making them.
They make 10k of them every minute or so and currently there almost 130Bil (Signature's number is wrong). Seriously, they crank them out like candy and there is no limit unlike more successful coins. To put this in perspective, Etherium only has 115mil coins in total and even it has more than Bitcoin. So do the math, if Doge is worth $10 it's total value would be $1.3tril., not even Bitcoin is worth that and if it was worth $100 it would be worth 13tril. That isn't even remotely possible, and don't forget if you read slow, that number just climbed another 10k while you read this. Sure it's going up in value but how long can that be sustained? Supply WILL outstrip demand at some point in the very near future and this is why despite huge growth and hype it can't gain in value. It will NEVER be worth much and as soon as the hype dies it WILL plummet.

So why is places like Newegg taking it seriously?
It got your attention right? I won't be surprised if it never actually happens or has an insane transaction fee associated with it making it pointless and then they'll quietly retire it.

Crypto is loaded with B.S. and straight up scams, there always is when there's lots of easy money to be made. It happens during every "gold rush".
Doge is a meme that's turned into a scam, however not all crypto is a scam. You can ignore it if you want, but it's coming to an ATM and point of sale terminal near you soon. This is why all(?) coin brokers in the US had to register with the IRS (and many with FDIC), and why it now requires as much ID to create an account on a trading platform now as it does to open a bank account.

If you want to invest in crypto, go for it, there's money to be made, but do your homework.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 08:43:13 »
Here's the fomo.

Bitcoin did not have any of the infrastructure that it now has. It had no way of connecting to real payment systems, people said it was a joke, etc. So, at one point in time, these flavors of coins were all quite similar.

Now, bitcoin has done the hard lifting on crypto development,  The platforms already exist, and the connections are already there.

They can just plug in doge, which some platforms are doing.

At this point, picking crypto is not extremely different than the color of money. All fiat Money is just as worthless as crypto, it's the structures behind them that makes them worth something.

I believe there is space for new crypto, because the LITTLE PEOPLE can't get in on the established expensive cryptos.

There is no inherent value on crypto, so it's one giant slot machine lottery system.  Now, you've got a system which increases the value of the lottery, but ALSO the cost of the tickets.  At some point, you end up with stratified lotteries, one for rich people that is priced out of the poor people's market.

Poor people, especially today, WANT to participate, but they can't afford the tickets for BTC. They want to play slots too.  This is where I believe the opening exists.

Market cap isn't an issue as long as people want to play Doge. The algorithm can be changed.

Also the value isn't the market cap, there's alot less total money in the system than the market cap.

What differentiates doge from other random cryptos. Popularity, that's what makes the difference on BTC, and Etherium. There's no hard mechanical barriers that can't be reworked. 

You can't predict for certain which one will be popular, but Doge popularity is at the door right now. (SO IT SEEMS).

Fomo'n hard right now. 

Disclaimer, TP4 has not (YET) bought any doge.  But it's compelling looking at the reddit frenzy.

This is not a traditional investment, this is slot machine logic.

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 15:10:51 »
The little people can absolutely get in as you don't need to buy an entire coin at a time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 16:14:29 »
The little people can absolutely get in as you don't need to buy an entire coin at a time.

You know that, I know that,   the little people see the numbers, and they don't see it that way.

Fractional shares are not sexy, and they see it like the BTC pump is already over.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 19:41:54 »
The algorithm can be changed.
If that's your investment strategy, do yourself a favor and burn your cash, at least that will keep you warm for a few minutes. 

There's already 129.5bil Doge coins, even if it had a contraction mechanism it's still a long way off from happening, much less doing it any good. And they won't. Why? Because it's a meme, none of it was put in place because it was never intended to be anything. It's meant to drive itself into oblivion. If you want to put money on it short term, go for it, with a little luck it will earn enough to cover your network fees.

Not all good coins are expensive.
Some are cheaper than Doge with similar returns and a better future. 
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 21:11:22 »
If that's your investment strategy, do yourself a favor and burn your cash, at least that will keep you warm for a few minutes. 

There's already 129.5bil Doge coins, even if it had a contraction mechanism it's still a long way off from happening, much less doing it any good. And they won't. Why? Because it's a meme, none of it was put in place because it was never intended to be anything. It's meant to drive itself into oblivion. If you want to put money on it short term, go for it, with a little luck it will earn enough to cover your network fees.

So what would you recommend?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 22:12:42 »

I've had crazy high and fast returns on UNISWAP. It just keeps climbing and I think it will continue to do so until it reaches a few hundred. I bought 6 at under $16 each less than 4 months ago and it is at $40 now. UNISWAP is also less than 2 years old so has tons of room for growth.

Also LTC, always LTC

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 04:39:44 »
I'm a smooth brained ape still holding AMC stock, I'm probably not the best person to listen to.

Coins are like stock, what's great today may not be great tomorrow.
My advice, put the bulk of it on Etherium (NOT CLASSIC!) and Bitcoin then try a shotgun approach on a bunch of cheaper coins to see what works for you. My approach is to dig into the numbers and see what people are saying and throw all that info in the garbage can and just look at what I like and what's trending up. If I like what I see I buy or trade for it, if it stays flat or doesn't make anything for a few days, I switch it to something else that is. You can do this with smaller coins, not with larger ones as the fees will kill you. I made a bunch off ETH, BTC, BCH, ETC (again, do not do this one), OMG, XLM, and EOS, and I've got a bunch of little coins also making decent returns. I have over 20, but at one time held over 40 different coins.

If you start with Coinbase they'll give you a few bucks to sign up and you can earn more with the rewards program just by watching a couple short videos and clicking on the right answer. Do all that and you can end up with about $20 or $30 worth of smaller coins which you can keep or sell/trade-off, though some are not bad. If you do it well you could start with just that and turn it into something over time.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 07:16:52 »
I'm a smooth brained ape still holding AMC stock, I'm probably not the best person to listen to.

NCLH ??

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 08:15:13 »
I run a gimmick account and we were about to get a package from slim jim for the Do Good Every Day charity thing but it couldn't pass Canadian customs due to it being meat. They're saying they'll hit us up with merchandise with their canadian division but we're not sure where to go from there. hey, at least we have game nights with them every day

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 02:52:52 »
Hrrrrmmmmmmm........

The skits were about as funny as the modern crop of SNL skits.

The market's not sliding off too much... We were worried about crash, but it's got some support.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 03:44:44 »
The most memorable key term from the skits is Dogefather.

Elon has proclaimed himself Dogefather. (in the skit)

Now, on the surface, you could say that's Nothing, it's just a comedy skit.  But, think about what ANY-thing, any Branded item, or object attached to Elon has ment.

You attach something to ELON, you get the full support of Elon's Team.

Elon Musk is the most popular person on this planet. This is beyond the power of a peak hollywood actor, even beyond the power of presidents.

Elon is the nexus point of our 2nd Renaissance. Not just symbolically, he actively WORKS the engineering problems.

From the market perspective of Elon and Company, let's say they want to be part of the Currency game. 

They've bought into Bitcoin,  but Bitcoin is already saturated in the sense that it's already extremely expensive to play with. The coin is also already attached to many powerful organizations which have nefarious and conflicting political agendas.

This is not the case with Dogecoin.  They could very easily absorb the MAIN powers involved in Dogecoin, some theorize the team already got to them.   

IMAGINE Elon with his own Currency.  Beyond the dollar.  And this currency is designed to support what is the most critical transition to renewables and the final frontier (space) economy.

What would such a digital currency be worth?

What would such a currency cost?

With its current code base, which is again just code, it's malleable. You'd need a cash injection ~5 to 10 million (USD) everyday just to hold the line. There is more than enough money at the world community level to do this.  This injection is also not needed indefinitely, we can cap the coins at will, and let it stabilize.

Disclaimer:

Tp4 has not bought Doge, Tp4 does not recommend Doge, Tp4 optimistic.

Offline Findecanor

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 09:32:08 »
That's a blip, it's up from 0.06 cent from April 12th,  the volatility is normal.

it's been up to 70 and down to 50 in the past week

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 21:09:04 »
Volatility is normal, a 28% drop in just a few hours without it being a market correction is not normal volatility.
It's still down 15%.

It may claw it's way back, that doesn't change a thing, especially since it's still riding that high of publicity. That may even make it more likely to claw back and hide a problem since many will see this as a dip to buy and make a bunch when it climbs, which is not dumb, you just need to make sure you get out before it crashes again. Hype is a fickle b*tch, get it right you look like a genius, get it wrong you look the fool, few get it right, few get it right more than once.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More