Author Topic: A DELAY!!!!!  (Read 28583 times)

Offline seethemoon

Re: A DELAY!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 12:06:23 »
Thanks for the MechanicalKeyboards tip.  They turned the order around so quickly, even got Saturday deliver to boot for no extra charge.

I'm curious, for those of you who received yours: how does it match-up to the keyboard photographed on the Matias web site?  I can't figure out if this is a knock-off (I'd hope not, since Matias recommended the site in this thread and everything about the product seems legit, down to the packaging) or if the design changed for the finished product.

The big changes I see: the key text seems light (grey as opposed to black), there are no circles at either top corner (up above the spots between ESC/F1 and F12/DEL), and the triple lines around the perimeter are not pictured.  In addition, the keyboard seems to look like it's in clear casing in the photo, but this is a white shell with white keys.

Would like to know if this looks the same as other keyboards, or if this is a slightly different product.  I guess another thing that made me suspicious is the build quality: there's spacing due to either cracking or bulging build at the top and bottom of the case, where the two ends meet.  I suppose it could also be the product of a rushed production, given the troubles Matias is encountering.

To the Matias account appearing in this thread: I don't think anyone ultimately cares about production delays or the problems of the publicity you've received.  Sure, we'd all like our keyboards ASAP.  And it's disappointing not to get them.  But why aren't you contacting your customers for these updates?  That's all I ever wanted, and seems like others agree.  If you can't get us the keyboard because of things out of your control, you can at least control everything in-house.  Email updates are well within your control, and if you're going to collect our money upfront for an indefinitely delayed product (and yes, if you keep pushing back the listed dates, I consider that indefinite, because you've given me no confidence in each new date), an e-mail is the very least you can do.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 20:59:43 »
Matias did tell us when there was a delay until February but now it is going until May. That's crazy not to be emailing customers personally and telling them.  :mad:

The keyboard i got is legit and Matias emailed me and said that Mechanical keyboards did get some from the first batch. I love mine and i think its even better than the previous models. There is no pinging after you hit a key which is great and the compact size is awesome.    :D

Offline seethemoon

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 22:40:51 »
How does your keyboard compare to the images on the web site, or even on the box?  That's what's odd to me: a lot of the design flourishes you see in the product photography is not on the product itself.  Almost looks as if mine is a prototype, or re-designed.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 16:13:17 »
Here is a photo of mine. Hopefully it helps.  :D

Offline polpo

• http://polpo.org/
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 03 April 2013, 16:52:03 »
Just got my Mini Quiet Pro. The quality is very good and I love the feel. All the keys are aligned unlike other pictures from earlier. I guess this second batch worked out the quality issues.

A review with many pictures is forthcoming.

[edit: my review is here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41986.0]
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 April 2013, 18:31:14 by polpo »
Matias Mini Quiet Pro / DSI SMK-88 (Cherry Black) / IBM Model M (10 Jul 86) / ThinkPad Travel Keyboard with Ultranav

Offline therecorder

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 09:44:05 »
OK, it's May...  Will Minis ordered now arrive this month???

Offline seethemoon

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 10:03:51 »
My guess ... no.

Offline therecorder

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 07 May 2013, 08:42:12 »

Matias, can you please answer this question.

Offline therecorder

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 10:16:12 »

Matias, can you please answer this question.

Still waiting for some news...

Offline therecorder

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 06:51:35 »
His site now states:

PC - Black
    US layout — Pre-order for delivery in June & get FREE shipping
    (March production fully pre-sold)

So, I guess the promise of a May shipment won't be kept.

Offline vyshane

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 00:29:56 »
You should email them directly. They may not be checking this thread.

Offline Burz

• maybe get a blister on yo' little finger...
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 07:16:31 »
I'm also waiting... still. Typing more lately and could really use the new keyboard.

At this point a person would have to wonder if some disaster befell the factory.

Matias Mini QuietPro  \\ Dell AT101W - Black ALPS  \\ SIIG MiniTouch x2 White XM - Monterey  \\ Colemak layout.

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 08:38:18 »
I am probably going to be selling my Matias mini tactile keyboard. It's in great condition. It hasn't been used that much as the reason i am thinking about selling it is because i don't think i enjoy the alps as much as the topre or MX key switches.

Offline Matias

• http://matias.ca
Bluetooth models shipping this week!
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 01:36:43 »
Okay, great news...

Our latest Laptop Pro shipment arrived late last week.  They will be shipping out this week, to everyone who pre-ordered.

We're now taking orders for the next shipment, which will arrive in June.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 22:24:36 »
@Matias - have a look at my signature... This is driving me nuts.

Are you shipping Canadian orders from a Canadian location?

Cauz last email I got from sales support told me I will now get my board in June.

In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Matias

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 21 May 2013, 17:28:20 »
@Matias - have a look at my signature... This is driving me nuts.

Are you shipping Canadian orders from a Canadian location?

Cauz last email I got from sales support told me I will now get my board in June.

Really sorry to keep you waiting.  Believe me, we are eager to send them out, but we had production issues that needed to be fixed before proceeding with the next run.  Even small changes can lead to long delays (unfortunately).

I got an update this yesterday and we are on track for production to finish around June 10-12.  We'd be flying them in (at great expense) to get them here sooner, and they'll ship out as soon as they arrive.  The Canadian orders are shipping from our facility in Toronto.

Offline vladscrutin

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 00:22:34 »
Are all warranty requests handled/shipped from Canada/US?

I live in Australia, and I've just received my Quiet Pro (PC) from ThinkGeek, but it seems to have a hardware issue (middle set of keys is registering multiple keystrokes). Obviously sending the item back to the US (and, subsequently, waiting for a fixed/replacement unit to be sent back to Australia) is going to take a few weeks. Can the warranty replacement be settled out of your Taiwan distributor? Would really like to start using my new keyboard at work :)

Cheers

Offline Matias

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 13:34:22 »
Are all warranty requests handled/shipped from Canada/US?

I live in Australia, and I've just received my Quiet Pro (PC) from ThinkGeek, but it seems to have a hardware issue (middle set of keys is registering multiple keystrokes). Obviously sending the item back to the US (and, subsequently, waiting for a fixed/replacement unit to be sent back to Australia) is going to take a few weeks. Can the warranty replacement be settled out of your Taiwan distributor? Would really like to start using my new keyboard at work :)

Okay, please email help@matias.ca to get it take care of.  We ship warranty replacements out of Taiwan.

Also FYI, we have several Australian resellers that you may want to consider purchasing from in the future, as they can handle return/exchanges locally...

http://matias.ca/resellers/#australia

Offline vladscrutin

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 18:18:40 »
Thanks a lot!

Really looking forward to using this keyboard, really nice to type on and very quiet. Thanks for the fast response.

Offline Matias

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 23 May 2013, 19:10:09 »
Thanks a lot!

Really looking forward to using this keyboard, really nice to type on and very quiet. Thanks for the fast response.

Glad to help...

Offline Deetdeet

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 17:53:57 »
can anybody confirm that the tactilepro mini does NOT have the same clear plastic casing over white that the tactilepro full has? 

Offline Deetdeet

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 17:55:58 »
also when is the next shipment of mini's coming in?  thanks!

Offline ValerieV

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 22:38:24 »
I thought i answered the question. It has the plastic covering just like the other models.

Offline Matias

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 09:38:24 »
also when is the next shipment of mini's coming in?  thanks!

I should have an update on that soon.  I'm in Taiwan right now and heading to China tomorrow.

Offline Deetdeet

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 10 June 2013, 15:52:22 »
@ValerieV yes you did answer, thanks :)  i posted that before i saw your message

@Matias  thanks!

Offline Dirty Bint

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 11:03:21 »
Are you gonna be sending any Matias Mini Quiet Pro with UK layout to that Keyboard Company in the UK or can I buy one from you direct.

I\'m so filthy, I\'m disgusting.

Offline Burz

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 13 June 2013, 19:29:18 »
5+ months... any day now...  :-X
Matias Mini QuietPro  \\ Dell AT101W - Black ALPS  \\ SIIG MiniTouch x2 White XM - Monterey  \\ Colemak layout.

Offline Matias

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 14 June 2013, 11:32:18 »
Are you gonna be sending any Matias Mini Quiet Pro with UK layout to that Keyboard Company in the UK or can I buy one from you direct.

Yes, Mini Quiet Pro units in UK, German, and Nordic layouts are on order.  We're still waiting on the exact production date.  We should know soon.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 17:30:52 »
June 26th still no mini-pro...

I guess the hope built upon the "we will ship in June" statement shrinking like wool in the dryer.
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline wmoxam

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 11:59:41 »
Ugh, wish I found this thread before I ordered mine.
Ordered on May 9th for 'delivery in June'. The order page has now but updated to 'for delivery in July' so I'm guessing that maybe it might show up this month?

It's kinda a PR fail if you ask me. A little communication would go a long ways to quelling any anger about this.

I might have ordered a different keyboard if I knew it would take so long. At this point though I'd hate to switch if I knew that it'd arrive within the next couple of weeks ....

Offline wmoxam

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 09 July 2013, 08:58:02 »
It's been a month ... any updates that you can share?

Offline Burz

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 22:16:07 »
Has Edgar been kidnapped by Chinese workers?
 :rolleyes:

Offline Matias

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 16 July 2013, 22:20:10 »

:)  Good timing on your post...

I'm back from China and just getting back into the swing of things.  We're on track to finish production of the Mini Quiet Pro and Mini Tactile Pro this month.  Really looking forward to shipping those out!

Offline Burz

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 00:49:58 »

I'm back from China and just getting back into the swing of things.  We're on track to finish production of the Mini Quiet Pro and Mini Tactile Pro this month.  Really looking forward to shipping those out!

When I finally get my Mini QP I'll be tempted to look at the keys and shout, "So that's what hens teeth look like!!!"

Offline Matias

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 17 July 2013, 01:43:24 »

When I finally get my Mini QP I'll be tempted to look at the keys and shout, "So that's what hens teeth look like!!!"

Show Image

I'm speechless...  :-P

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 21:14:20 »
^
I'm Mini Quiet Proless
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline Matias

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 07:30:18 »
^
I'm Mini Quiet Proless

Not for long...  :-)

I'm happy to report that production is finished, and the keyboards are in flight now.  We'll ship them out as soon as they arrive. 

Thanks to everyone who patiently waited -- and extra thanks to those who impatiently waited!

Offline wmoxam

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 11:52:16 »
Awesome, great to hear.

Really looking forward to its arrival.

Offline therecorder

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 23:51:36 »
^
I'm Mini Quiet Proless

Not for long...  :-)

I'm happy to report that production is finished, and the keyboards are in flight now.  We'll ship them out as soon as they arrive. 

Thanks to everyone who patiently waited -- and extra thanks to those who impatiently waited!

Matias,

Already have a full-size SilentPro (PC).  Want to order a Mini.  Live in Israel...  If I ordered now, would keyboard ship immediately?

(Note: My full-size SilenPro shipped from Taiwan.)
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 August 2013, 00:06:14 by therecorder »

Offline Matias

« Reply #89 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 23:32:20 »
Matias,

Already have a full-size SilentPro (PC).  Want to order a Mini.  Live in Israel...  If I ordered now, would keyboard ship immediately?

(Note: My full-size SilenPro shipped from Taiwan.)

It would ship within a day or two.

Offline Deetdeet

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 18:44:54 »
sweet, cant wait to get my mini!

Offline Matias

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 02:07:44 »

Thanks!

We're relieved to finally have them, and eager to send them out...

Offline Burz

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 15:40:21 »

Thanks!

When will they get shipped to US customers?

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 17:35:29 »
OMG - I just received an email from Barb at Matias containing an actual Tracking Number!

The thing is IN THA MAIL.  I finally see the light :-)

Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline Matias

NOW Shipping!!!
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 06:09:09 »

Thanks!

Thanks!

They've been sent already and are in transit.  Anyone who ordered should receive theirs soon.

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 07:13:38 »
OMG - I just received an email from Barb at Matias containing an actual Tracking Number!

please! post pics and your thoughts and impressions when you receive it.
More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline wmoxam

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 08:48:42 »
I got mine yesterday. Here are some pics

Loving it so far. Much more clicky than the AE II pictured in the background.
I have another keyboard with MX browns, and I'd say that the switches feel somewhat similar, but a bit stiffer.

Edit: After taking it home and using it beside the MX Browns, now I've got to say it's nothing like Brown's, much more like Blues.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 August 2013, 13:16:19 by wmoxam »

Offline Burz

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 12:08:50 »
I haven't received any email notification.  :(

Offline Matias

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 12:24:54 »
I haven't received any email notification.  :(

I should clarify that we only sent notifications to people who asked.  We focused our efforts on sending all the units out first.

If you'd like tracking info, email us and we'll get it to you.  But all the units have already been shipped, and are in transit.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 17:39:28 »
Elvis QP has landed!!!

And typing on it right now. I'll digest it for few days before posting thoughts and impressions.

I will bring back the full size QP I have at the office to compare them side by side.

It feels different than the full size QP I have at the office. (Not sure if it's the dampening that is different or it's just because I have been banging on the full size 8h a day for about year now)   

Fit and finish is perfect. Keys are lining up nicely with very little height variation.
The spacebar surface seams rougher than on the full size QP. Again this maybe just the work of time on the full size.
Actually, on the full size, the spacebar and most frequently used keys are now as glossy as the case. Polishing off the surface porosity on those keys didn't take long.

More to come later.

please! post pics and your thoughts and impressions when you receive it.

« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2013, 21:38:55 by BucklingSpring »
Boards I own, click ->
More