Author Topic: Unicomp New Model M spilled water now has sitcky keys  (Read 1723 times)

Offline MegaTroyMohawk

Unicomp New Model M spilled water now has sitcky keys
« on: Fri, 09 February 2024, 08:53:14 »
I have Unicomp's new Model M keyboard and have recently spilled water on it. I let it dry out and later that day it was totally fine. But as I used it a couple keys started to become sticky, which I don't understand, are the springs messed up? I first noticed this on the left shift key but only the side with the spring and then on the a and r keys. I don't know a ton about the interworking's of this model of keyboards but I do know its a pain to open up to the membrane and fix the switches, I'm not sure what I should try.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 February 2024, 09:23:01 by MegaTroyMohawk »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Unicomp New Model M spilled water now has sitcky keys
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 February 2024, 10:49:52 »
Many people would say that it takes days of drying after a water spill. Capillary action and all that ....
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline Tseg

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 February 2024, 07:46:13 »
Are the switch springs starting to rust? 

Offline Mandan

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 11 February 2024, 19:07:52 »
Put it in front of a fan and dry it out some more. 

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 09 March 2024, 05:28:48 »
Maybe if you spill a Coke on it too, it'll stop being sticky.  :p
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg