Author Topic: KBT Oni doesn't work under PS/2 (with an adapter)  (Read 1962 times)

Offline bardomudo

KBT Oni doesn't work under PS/2 (with an adapter)
« on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 22:51:59 »
Hey people,

Title says it all. My KBT Oni is really glorious, but for some reason it doesn't work under PS/2 with the adapter that came with my Filco. The adapter is functioning properly since I use it all the time with the Filco but for some reason it doesn't work on the KBT Oni.

I have tried it all, plugging it with the computer turned off and then turning on. With it turned on and the restarting and everything else. When I plug the PS/2 adapter, the Caps Lock led will blink for less than a second and then the keyboard stops responding completely, even the Caps Lock LED stops working.

Some other guy on 4chan also complained about this issue on his KBT Oni, so I guess it's not a problem specific to my unit. Can anyone here confirm that the KBT Oni/One simply doesn't work under PS/2? I wonder if other KBT models also suffer from this and why did they chose to do that.

I really miss it being connected through PS/2. For some reason, on my computer, the cursor movement is much slower under USB when compared to PS/2.

Appreciate the answers.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
Re: KBT Oni doesn't work under PS/2 (with an adapter)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 23:24:20 »
No PS2 support.

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 06:48:02 »
Thanks, that's a bummer.

Can anyone tell me if there's anyway to increase the cursor repeat rate and decrease its delay? It's already maxed out under Windows but nowhere near as fast and responsive as under PS/2.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 18:26:28 »
The games generally use raw inputs, which has nothing to do with OS repeat rate and delay so they don't really matter in game. Or, are there specific things you need the high repeat rate for? You could set them in registry. Look in HKCU\Control Panel\Accessibility\Keyboard Response

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 19:18:08 »
Just doing general use I still find the cursor movement too slow, maybe I'm just spoiled by the Filco. It's not that much big of a deal either. Anyway, the registry trick unfortunately did not work, I guess it's a hardware limitation. Thanks anyway, though.

It's also a bit sad it doesn't have NKRO under USB and there's no PS/2 support, though I believe 6KRO should be enough for virtually everything. I just wish qtan hadn't put on his site it was NKRO under USB and PS/2.