Author Topic: Octopink Giveaway, Potential Alpsification, and more inside!  (Read 21246 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Octopink Giveaway, Potential Alpsification, and more inside!
« on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 01:43:48 »
As promised, I am giving away my Octopink Skull along with some other caps.  The winner gets to decide if they want to see my try and turn the skull into an Alps compatible cap, complete with documentation of the process, or if they want it in boring MX.

How it works, nominate someone from the community to win and give a brief blurb why they should win.  No half-assed entries will be accepted.  The entries will be tossed into a random generator and the nominated person will win a cap as will the person who nominated them.  I'll cover First Class shipping unless a ton of people who win are outside the US.

Some rules:

- You can only win once, so if someone nominates you and you nominate someone and both get pulled, you only get one.  Sorry, but I want it to go to the maximum number of people.  Also, if the same person is nominated multiple times and wins multiple times, they still just get one.

- You can only nominate one person.

- Please don't flip the cap if you win.  I know I cant stop you, but it wouldn't make a happy nubs.  I'm sure everyone knows my philosophy on this.

- Must have been a member since 12/1/14 to win and with at least 50 posts (off topic counts toward that).  Spamming posts after it goes up won't count.

- Closes on January 31, 2015.  Winner will be announced in here.  If we have a live stream that day, I may draw them live if I'm part of it.

- There will be three sets of winners
  • Nominee: Octopink MX (or Alps?) Clack Skull; Nominator: Reactor Core Green (GID) MX Bro Bot
  • Nominee: KWK "Wrapped" BS De Mente; Nominator: Alps Dolly + v1 BS Dolly (Esc/F row only, v2 fixes the issue)
  • Nominee: Yellow MX Hammer Hellboy; Nominator: Ruby Topre Gasmask

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: Octopink Giveaway, Potential Alpsification, and more inside!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 01:45:17 »
Awesome giveaway. I'll have a think about who I want to nominate and post later.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 01:47:36 »
I think ill have to nominate someone tomorrow, post holder for me to remember. I reckon it'll be for a certain badass who loves alps :)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 01:51:19 »
I'm just gonna do it now. CPTBadass needs to get this. And he has no choice, you better alpsify it if you give it to him. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have a kingsaver, I wouldn't have blue alps (since I would've stayed with greens) and I wouldn't have the badass GH cap I have on my saver. His reviews are ridiculously thorough, he answers more questions than most people on here, and he's just an overall great guy. Get this to him.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Cottonsox

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 01:53:01 »
Great Giveaway Nubbs!

I'd Like to nominate Swill - for the Octopink

Swills contribution to the community is well documented! His latest work with the plate building tool is a good example. I've not had much contact with him, but when i have had the opportunity it has always been met with welcome responses even when my questions may border on insane/stupid!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 01:53:29 »
I nominate CPT for the ALPSified pink, and Jacobolus for the other 2. They're the two guys who correct me in simple questions.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 01:53:58 »
Awesome! Thanks nubbs for doing this!

I nominate tigersharkdude, he's been pretty awesome to me since i got here and he gave me a Hammer burlap bag for no reason other than me stating that i wish i had gotten one with my hellboy! very awesome of him.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Belfong

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 02:42:57 »
I'd like to nominate Vesper because of
1. I think he's a neon bright color guy
2. He takes fabulous photo of his keyboards and blanks
3. More importantly, I love he and BC Tom Cruise GIF sparring. Those are really so much fun!!!

Let this man get his Octopink!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:13:58 »
I nominate rowdy for the Octopink Skull (left in its natural and unadulterated MX form).

rowdy consistently makes constructive and/or supportive posts, and is keen to help new members.  Sometimes it seems like rowdy is the only one posting in New Members :))

rowdy has never flipped a Clack for profit.  In fact he has kept every single Clack he has been fortunate enough to collect!

According to the terms of the giveaway, I understand that if rowdy wins as a result of this nomination, he will receive the Octopink Skull, but I would not be eligible to win the complementary Reactor Core Green (GID) MX Bro Bot as nominator - rowdy and I are fine with that, just the Octopink Skull would be a very welcome addition to his collection.

Thank you very much nubbs for this fun little giveaway.

Good luck everyone, and I hope whoever does win enjoys their prize :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline n0rvig

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:20:03 »
I nominate Tjweir for taking the initiative to send me some lovely Dolch keys that I was missing, and even including a couple extra surprise caps too.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:24:39 »

I nominate rowdy for the Octopink Skull (left in its natural and unadulterated MX form).

rowdy consistently makes constructive and/or supportive posts, and is keen to help new members.  Sometimes it seems like rowdy is the only one posting in New Members :))

rowdy has never flipped a Clack for profit.  In fact he has kept every single Clack he has been fortunate enough to collect!

According to the terms of the giveaway, I understand that if rowdy wins as a result of this nomination, he will receive the Octopink Skull, but I would not be eligible to win the complementary Reactor Core Green (GID) MX Bro Bot as nominator - rowdy and I are fine with that, just the Octopink Skull would be a very welcome addition to his collection.

I'd give you an entry just for that post, hehe well done rowdy and other rowdy!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:33:45 »
The other person I thought of is BunnyLake. His Advent giveaway probably inspire CC Advent sale (or maybe just naming coincidence) which leads to nubbs giveaway. I'm not sure if Bunny still collects CC but I'd imagine it will go well with his Miami Twice. Hmmmm! Nice match!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 03:37:59 »

I'd give you an entry just for that post, hehe well done rowdy and other rowdy!

We both thank you ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline feizor

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 04:21:04 »
I also nominate bunnylake. Not only was the advent giveaway one of the most generous giveaways I have seen thus far in any online community, but he has worked tirelessly with the rest of the CTRLalt team to bring us multitudes of awesomeness with their GBs and online store that serves the community.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 05:30:34 »
Oh that's hard too many people I want to nominate!

Alright I'll give it a try: I'll nominate Azhdar because he's the only geekhacker I met IRL. He's such a nice guy and he lent me a board of his even though we don't know each other for a long time. The first time we met he didn't hesitate to bring his full collection (there were two full bags and it seems pretty heavy) to my appartment so I could try them. He had to carry them the whole day at the Uni as we gathered later at the end of the day.

Here goes my nomination. Thanks nubbs for the giveaway. I've been in this community only for a few months and I'm quite amazed about the amount of giveaway running.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 06:52:02 »
I would like to nominate Melvang.
Not sure if anyone else will nominate him but I do feel that he definitely more than deserves to win a cap. He is a very knowledgeable person and is also very helpful when people do have questions pertaining to the stuff he knows. I have never built a keyboard before in my life up until the time when i started assembling my Viper KB and he has helped me extensively by answering pretty much every single question I had. Mel actually gave me a lot of information that was all very helpful and he even gave me his time by looking over some problems I had with my build that got me stuck doing nothing due to lack of info.

Hope you win dude  :thumb:

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:33:42 »
I nominate HoffmanClackster.
That guy is way cooler than that dumb circular HoffmanMyster. I would nominate that circle just to un-nominate him.

Although, seriously. Hoffman is a cool guy and it would be cool to hang out with him. His facial hair is also baller.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 January 2015, 07:38:39 by FrostyToast »
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 09:28:33 »
Wake up people!

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 09:42:06 »
I want to see more nominations!
If this was a simple post-to-enter I wonder how many people we would get.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 10:09:26 »
Wake up people!

Okay!

I nominate CPTBadAss!  I don't even really need to explain why I nominate him, but between his love of Alps, knowledge, helping, ice cream, and spongebob, why would you nominate anyone else?  Seriously, this guy deserves an Alps Clack.  He doesn't get to choose whether you Alpsify it.  If this nomination isn't good enough, let me know and I'll flesh it out a bit more.  I just don't think I should have to do anything other than say his name, so this already feels a bit too much.   :rolleyes:

:-*  Thanks nubs!

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:11:58 »
I'm going to nominate CPTBadAss because he is such a cheerful joy-spreading fellow. I don't know him really, unlike you other guys, but he's always been super nice to everyone! :p
obviously, the choice will be the pink clack skull converted to ALPS, because he seems to like the clack skulls. and I'd like to see the project happen! I'm working on finding a Green ALPS board myself, so it would be cool to see if it's doable by even some idiot like me. imagine that Brobot on a Green-themed Green ALPS KingSaver!
his KingSaver is the only one I've seen on here, I think... it makes me a little gelatinous - but maybe one day. one day. for now...
well ****, I'm using a crappy rubberdome because I have ordered a board from Kaliet.
either way, I really hope he gets the ALPSified skull :p regardless of who wins it for him.

most of all though, you rock for doing this giveaway, some of the coolest caps out there in that photo!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:16:23 »
same 3 nominations every give away.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:19:14 »

its rigged

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:20:47 »

Cheer up a bit and I'll nominate you one of these times.   :-*

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:22:44 »

Just get the D-squad in here and we can all circle jerk on you bae

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:23:43 »
ill put something proper together when i have time to take some pics and write something up

but in short i will be nominating (in no particular order)

R1N3
swill
jdcarpe
skcheng
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:23:51 »
I nominate exitfire because he seemed really excited about alps when I talked to him. At Hoff's meetup I spent some time talking to exit about his kingsaver and all the time and work he put into it to get it to where it is now. IIRC it has Blue alps and he talked very highly about them and was clearly very proud of the board. He also knew a good amount about other alps boards and had experience using them. Also around GH I see him helping people and answering questions. To sum it up exit is a cool guy who clearly loves alps and would make great use of this cap.

Thanks Nubbs!  :thumb:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:27:29 »

Cheer up a bit and I'll nominate you one of these times.   :-*

meh im not complaining because of me. just saying, there has to be others out there that are over looked because they arent gh popular.

anyway, the beast and epzy get my vote.

beast has provided a ton of stuff for the community and his potato pics have improved a ton. which gave me hope to better my potato pics.

epzy has been cool since i talked to him. helped me get stuff ive wanted, answers any photo questions i have and has just been a ton of help when needed.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:38:44 »
Clacks on clacks on clacks.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:43:22 »
I'd like to nominate Booper and Sent. (I'm ok with being bumped as a winner)

Booper has been really pleasant in some chats we've had and jumped into the deep end with her groupbuy and keycaps. It's always nice to see new members getting involved and getting their hands dirty. And after working with Binge on some caps, I've got a newfound respect for people who make keycaps.

Sent's new blog has been a lot of fun and I like that he's trying to include members new and old. It's fun to get the backstory or just get to know some people in the community that isn't just keyboard related opinions. Plus he's fun to have a chat with. Very personable.

beast has provided a ton of stuff for the community and his potato pics have improved a ton. which gave me hope to better my potato pics.

Just dust your keyboard gear off before you take a picture and you'll have already improved more than The_Beast.

I'm going to nominate CPTBadAss <snip>

I nominate CPTBadAss <snip>

Thanks for the kind words. I sincerely appreciate it.

« Last Edit: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:50:04 by CPTBadAss »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:45:48 »
Please only nominate one person.  If you nominate two, I'm bumping you as a winner and it will be both your nominees. 

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 12:52:33 »

Please only nominate one person.  If you nominate two, I'm bumping you as a winner and it will be both your nominees.

So can we nominate two if we wouldn't like to win? I'm not looking to win myself, rather two others.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 13:12:27 »
I would like to nominate CPTBadAss.

He was one of the first members to reach out to me and have a discussion with me about wet shaving after I posted a picture of a puck of shave soap I just received. He was truly interested and I enjoyed getting to discuss wet shaving with him as well as discussing keyboards. I was still new to keyboards and had very little knowledge about them. By reaching out to me, I felt welcomed into the community and really enjoyed getting to discuss something I enjoyed other than keyboards.

Thanks for doing this Nubs! Your generosity is astounding!  :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 14:07:52 »

So can we nominate two if we wouldn't like to win? I'm not looking to win myself, rather two others.

Sure, I'll make that an addendum to the rules.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 14:19:52 »
i nominate nubs.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 14:33:59 »

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 14:36:27 »
i nominate

Skcheng (number 1 BS fan, whom got me and a bunch of others into BS)
CodyEatWorld (because Pink)
Hwood34 (whom stepped his camera game up and love for older switches)
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 14:47:04 »
i nominate nubs.

Closed guys, nubs wins everything.   :blank:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 18:17:18 »
I nominate no one because the same people always get nominated for these things.

Just post pics of the Octoalps, that all I ask.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 18:19:15 »
I nominate no one because the same people always get nominated for these things.

Just post pics of the Octoalps, that all I ask.

That and teach me how to convert all of my bro caps.

Even though I'm sure I have a method that would work, I wouldn't know how to get rid of the excess material or ensure the integrity of the stem once done.
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 January 2015, 18:28:04 by exitfire401 »
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 18:20:06 »
Well, my entry for this giveaway would have been very different had it not been for the actions of an incredibly generous member. Some back story: I've literally been into KBKs/KWKs since there inception, I bought 4 caps from his very first sale, which wasn't even really a formal sale, just a little something along with his standard classifieds thread. Ever since then, I've been obsessed with these caps (see KBK info thread). I've at least entered into every single sale and traded many caps to expand my collection. And Hipster was one of the nicest makers I've seen, whether it was a random "thank you" freebie, replacing my broken Tang!, or just talking. He never got too big for his britches, and even managed to keep prices low enough that anyone could participate. He also had some of the sickest package art I've seen (managed to save almost all of it), a skill acquired through his long and illustrious career as an artist of sorts. So, even though he isn't really around anymore, for my first nomination I'd like to nominate Hipsterpunks. My second nomination (yeah kick me out :p) came a little more recently (yesterday). As soon as the most recent KWK sale was announced, I had my calender marked. Didn't plan anything that day, set alarms, pretty much everything I could. But due to circumstances out of my control, I missed the sale. Moralles, a member I had never talked to previously, saw the post and offered me one of the caps he won in the sale. I tried my best to either decline (I definitely have quite a few :p) or at least tried to compensate him. He refused all of it. He also told me of how he had been giving away lots of his various artisans to his friends instead of just letting them sit in a drawer. So for his totally out-of-the-blue and awesome generosity, I nominate moralles.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 21 January 2015, 18:32:36 »
I don't really care about this pissing contest nominating people for such and such, I just want to see a documented alpsification process.

Nubs, would you be willing to modify another cap to document the process if these end up staying cherry?

Offline lotus1109

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 04:12:39 »
I nominate YongJK to get this. First of all, he taught me a lot of knowledge on building my keyboards. Besides that, he made a lot of good works (keyboard modding, custom keyboard assembly) almost foc! As you can notice from his sales thread, the prices he set are so damn cheap! He brought a lot of good stuffs with good price to the forum too. Check out his sales thread on Gh pad. Almost all are sold within a day.

I knew him irl because of this hobby and I know that he is in love of pink. Seeing him getting R1 & R2 valentines and pink 456 so hard, which took him more than few months in sourcing as none of us. He is looking for a pink coloured cc or bb since he started collecting keyboards. Unfortunately there is no one available for sales and only up for trading. I hope he can finally get one for free or at normal price.

P/S I love pink too but I guess it will not be my turn to get this. :( if he won then I still manage to take his for some quality photo shooting :)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 04:24:51 »
I nominate Rowdy. Dude is always one of the first people to welcome new users and he's a really nice bloke all round.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 07:13:06 »
I nominate ijprest for his online keyboard editor - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48978.0

I think it's a useful tool, and he should get some recognition for it.

It can be viewed here: http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 January 2015, 07:14:47 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline drewba

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 10:39:12 »
Nominating Evo_Spec for being helpful, relentlessly positive and for taking great pictures. I'm not eligible because I don't meet the join-date requirements  :'(  sorry Evo, you're my boy blue!

Thanks for the giveaway Nubbinator. BTW did I see you hanging around the GH IRC? I see all the cool kids there
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 January 2015, 12:07:02 by drewba »

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 10:44:10 »
I nominate Fohat because he's chill

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 10:46:50 »
I nominate SpAmRaY, because he is a genuinely nice guy, and he's always around on GH to offer an answer or opinion.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 10:50:51 »
i nominate

Skcheng (number 1 BS fan, whom got me and a bunch of others into BS)
CodyEatWorld (because Pink)
Hwood34 (whom stepped his camera game up and love for older switches)

<3

I nominate dorkvader for building a bunch of keyboards lately and always being kind/helpful.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 22 January 2015, 10:51:44 »
I nominate SpAmRaY, because he is a genuinely nice guy, and he's always around on GH to offer an answer or opinion.

ray really is a great dude
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON