Author Topic: How to reprogram Macros on Hasu controller HHKB  (Read 3272 times)

Offline JacquesZekian

How to reprogram Macros on Hasu controller HHKB
« on: Wed, 27 September 2023, 07:28:14 »
Hey all, this might be a bit of a doozy but hopefully someone has a suggestion and the thread can end up being useful for someone else down the line.

I'm trying to reprogram my hhkb with the hasu controller mod and I can't figure out how to program in macros.

For reference, I've already found the online keymap tool and I've already successfully flashed the new layout using Atmel FLIP.

On my other boards, I have the rAlt mapped to a layer modifier and then some other keys on the keyboard mapped to AltGr + numpad keys to give me foreign letters on a international language setting. יטאפש etc

Here's an example of a macro:

{KC_RALT,KC_P0,KC_P2,KC_P3,KC_P3}

Is there any way I can program this using an online TMK editor? any help would be appreciated since I have 0 programming knowledge

Offline Applet

Re: How to reprogram Macros on Hasu controller HHKB
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 September 2023, 08:14:31 »
Since you have little coding/programming experience, I'd highly recommend to flash it with the QMK-firmware from the VIA website (https://www.caniusevia.com/docs/download_firmware). If you have the regular ANSI HHKB, it should be the file named hhkb_ansi_32u4_via.hex afaik.

Then you can change the layout and do basic macros using the VIA app or use VIA in a chromium based browser

Offline JacquesZekian

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 September 2023, 16:19:03 »
I downloaded the firmware and flashed the keyboard with it using Atmel FLIP but via still doesn't recognize the hhkb. does flashing .hex file I get from the via website convert the keeb from TMK to QMK?

Offline JacquesZekian

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 September 2023, 16:22:48 »
just thought I'd add, I'm using the hhkb pro 2 with the Hasu controller.

Edit: For some reason my downloaded version of via didn't pick up the hhkb but the online version did!!! oh my GOOOOD
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 September 2023, 16:32:21 by JacquesZekian »