Author Topic: Help me bring back RGB *blue color back  (Read 1318 times)

Offline akhyg

Help me bring back RGB *blue color back
« on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 05:56:11 »
Hello people ,i have an HYPERX Alloy Elite RGB, if someone can give me a fix for what ive just done.
First of all my Spacebar was going slow and i tried to "remove" the spacebar switch. My bad i touched the PCB of the keyboard and now i dont have the BLUE COLOR anymore. *so no more RGB , everything else is working flewless. I touched the PCB of the keyboard with a screwdriver (when i tried to remove the switch, next to the spacebar switch ofc . Can i fix this ? i dont have a warranty anymore. If i set all keyboard color to BLUE i see Green. If i set WAVE , there is green and "black(no light row next to green).
I'll leave here few photos (i'll update later)
https://ibb.co/cctrkL https://ibb.co/noqFC0 https://ibb.co/iFboX0 https://ibb.co/btELef

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Help me bring back RGB *blue color back
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 00:05:33 »
You either sent a electrical spike through the system or damaged a trace.

Pull the keyboard apart and check where you pressed with the screwdriver, you may find where you damaged it. If you damaged it this way, it's not a super difficult fix, you find the endpoints of that trace and run a new wire between those two points.

If you sent an electrical spike the components will need to be replaced, if it;s a resistor or diode, you can do it yourself, but you will need a multimeter to identify the bad one.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 00:43:49 »
where precisely did you touch the pcb,  also take pictures of the pcb,

Offline akhyg

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 02:25:27 »
@tp4tissue , i touched the pcb right under the SPACEBAR switch , i tried like an i d iot to pull out the switch and ive put the screwdriver under switch. i cant really photo because is a little spot.

Offline akhyg

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 02:27:57 »
https://ibb.co/b71vFL
here you can see.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 04:31:16 »
Hard to tell from the pic if that is a scratch, a scraped trace or a crack in the pcb.

More concerning though is that most components are on the other side of the pcb, so either this is double sided, or you may have cracked the pcb
If cracked, it's still salvagable, as before you need to jumper that trace by finding the ends and running a new wire, but also you now need to put some epoxy on it to seal the crack.

You should be able to see the pcb by pulling off the back cover.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 November 2018, 04:33:13 by Leslieann »
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion