Author Topic: [GB] Makeaboard -60S - Design no screw hole- [CLOSE]-[ CNC PHASE]  (Read 47663 times)

Offline maylily

• Custom keyboard | Artisan keycap
This past year, we’ve been in the process of learning and experimenting in order to find the answer to one fundamental question: what design best exemplifies our brand?
Throughout this process, we have sought inspiration from as many different designs as possible. We’ve reviewed keyboards from Korea, the US, China, to Canada. From minimalist setups to sophisticated assembly-line creations. From small mini-boards to solid monoliths. All these styles bring something unique and beautiful to the table.
Make A Board’s passion has been to learn, test, and experiment with these aesthetics in order to shape them into a unique cohesive style that we can call our own.
The 60S embodies the seamless design that’s the hallmark of our vision–a simple, delicate form that completely envelopes its sharp, articulate interior.
The 60S is the intersection of the minimalist HHKB and the high-precision aluminum bodies of larger boards. But most importantly, it is the designed that we have longed for. The unique way it is assembled hides every screw hole across the entire surface of the keyboard. Remarkably simple, but with the capability to accommodate a wide range of customization.
The 60S also showcases the quality of our precision machining capabilities. Until you run your own hands over it yourself, you’ll never be able to appreciate how truly satisfying it feels.

JOIN: https://makeaboard.net/product/60s-group-buy/
Specs:

Album: https://imgur.com/a/cAiZc
Material: Anodized alπuminum
Dimensions: 300 x 110 x 40 mm
Weight Mid part: 1150g
Top part: 200g ( 150g with normal layout)
Bottom part: 360g

Link IC: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92925.0

PRICE:
KIT: ( Case + plate + PCB ): 280$
PLATE:(extra)
 Carbon: 50$
 Brass: 50$
PCB(extra) : 40$
Stabilizer:15$
Assemble: 35$
And much more options.
Select the options in the order below:
 LAYOUT:
  -Poker style
  -HHKB style
USB port location:
  -( normal location )
  -Mid ( the center of the keyboard, as picture below )
Select the color of the keyboard:You can choose separate colors for all three parts.
( Our advice is to choose the Top and Bot part of the same color. And the color of Bot part is opposite color)

-Black
  -Silver
  -Red
  -Gold
  -Gray
  -Blue
  -White ( powder coating)

Select the options plate:
With Poker layout / left usb options. You can still use common pcb and plate.
Just with HHKB layout you need to our plate.

Plate Aluminium:
  -Black
  -Silver
  -Red
  -Gold
  -Gray
  -Blue
Plate Carbon(50$):
  -Carbon filber 3k
Plate Brass(50$):
  -Brass with polished mirror, protective coating.
 Select the options PCB:
  -PCB QMK
  -PCB Bootmapper
 PCB support:
Select the Switch:
Cherry switch(40$):
Gateron switch(25$):
Select the stabilizer (15$):
  -Stablilizer 6.25u
  -Stab lilizer 7u
Assemble service(35$):
Full assemble

FAQ:
New team? I have not heard you ever
- Yes, we are a new team, but have been around for a long time, and recently we have just run GB R96 (layout 96) and are waiting for sorting + shipping.

Time open GB?
- 4/1/2018 --> 24/1/2018

How long does it take to complete the product?
About 14 week after we close GB.

What does the $ 280 kit include?
Case, PCB, aluminum plate, screwdriver, hex screw, bumper, etc

What if I want to buy more parts, aluminum plate?
Please send your request to maylilyrt@hotmail.com. I will send invoice to you via paypal for extra part.

Will my standard plate fit? Can I always use the pcb + plate that I have assembled for use?
I'm afraid not, but do not worry, our kit has enough PCB and Plate to fit this case.

There is only one layout for HHKB?
No, you just replace the top part for the normal layout. ( care options mid usb)

Amount will be limited?
I think it only stops at 100 - 125, to make sure the QC work goes well.

What is the quality of your anode surface?
Macbook Pro equivalent.

Shipping?

We are still finalizing the price list for each region, but you can be assured of the price. We have proxies in China, so the shipping price will be very adorable
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 February 2018, 23:01:11 by maylily »

Offline shopchaudoc

Re: [GB] Makeaboard -60S
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 09:01:33 »
Excellent GB :D Excellent design :D

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 10:37:58 »
Have a few questions:

1. Any photo on what it looks like exactly for each colors, dark, gray, etc.? Or samples?

2. Since there are proxies in China, will the products be shipped from these proxies to Chinese buyers directly?
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 January 2018, 10:39:42 by hhkbp2 »

Offline maylily

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 05:53:51 »
Excellent GB :D Excellent design :D

Thanks man!  :thumb: :thumb:
Have a few questions:

1. Any photo on what it looks like exactly for each colors, dark, gray, etc.? Or samples?

2. Since there are proxies in China, will the products be shipped from these proxies to Chinese buyers directly?

1.The complete anodizing version is in the process, we try to accelerate to be able to show next week.

2.Of course, all customers in China will be shipped straight.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 08:38:04 »
> Will my standard plate fit? Can I always use the pcb + plate that I have assembled for use?
> I'm afraid not, but do not worry, our kit has enough PCB and Plate to fit this case.

60s seems to be compatible to universal 60 pcb and plate, seeing from the positions of these stand-off screws. But this says it's not compatible? Do I understand it right? Why not? It seems to lose the advantage of tray mount design. And the top-left usb port option doesn't make much sense if the pcb/plate is exclusive.

In that case, I would like to see what layout does the pcb/plate support in this kit.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 January 2018, 08:40:21 by hhkbp2 »

Offline maylily

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 09:30:48 »
> Will my standard plate fit? Can I always use the pcb + plate that I have assembled for use?
> I'm afraid not, but do not worry, our kit has enough PCB and Plate to fit this case.

60s seems to be compatible to universal 60 pcb and plate, seeing from the positions of these stand-off screws. But this says it's not compatible? Do I understand it right? Why not? It seems to lose the advantage of tray mount design. And the top-left usb port option doesn't make much sense if the pcb/plate is exclusive.

In that case, I would like to see what layout does the pcb/plate support in this kit.
> The 4 inner corners of the TOP part are finely tuned with the most harmony of the whole, but that will make your Plate slightly more difficult.
However, I will modify the drawing a bit to fit your plate.
It will not matter if you choose the Poker layout / usb left.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 21:41:23 »

> The 4 inner corners of the TOP part are finely tuned with the most harmony of the whole, but that will make your Plate slightly more difficult.

Yeah, I think these two options are fine:

1. plate/pcb exclusive, middle usb port
2. universal 60% plate/pcb compatible, top-left usb port

In both options, it should be able to support two kinds of layouts:

1. HHKB (split backspace in top row, 1.75u shift in R3, and 7u spacebar in the bottom row)
2. various 60% layouts, eg., poker(no split backspace, 2.75u shift in R3), infinity standard(split backspace, 1.75u shift in R3, 6.25u spacebar as standard bottom row), and other variants

It's common that the pcb/plate support various 60% layouts for a customizable kit. But the render picture of 60s only show a literal "poker" layout plate. I suggest to add a picture or add some info of the pcb/plate, to describe what layout it supports exactly. It also helps to describe what the pcb/plate looks like, so we know what color it is, whether it support removing the top of switches without desoldering, etc.

On the other hand, it will be appreciated if the default alu plate/pcb is not a must as a bundle of the kit. I probably want to buy a kit and install my existing infinity 60 pcb/plate, which has costar stabilizers and feels better than a pcb/plate with cherry stabilizers. In this case the universally compatible 60s seems to be more of a elegant case and the bundled pcb/plate seems useless. It's appreciated if the pcb/plate is optional.

Offline maylily

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 08:28:08 »

Yeah, I think these two options are fine:

1. plate/pcb exclusive, middle usb port
2. universal 60% plate/pcb compatible, top-left usb port

In both options, it should be able to support two kinds of layouts:

1. HHKB (split backspace in top row, 1.75u shift in R3, and 7u spacebar in the bottom row)
2. various 60% layouts, eg., poker(no split backspace, 2.75u shift in R3), infinity standard(split backspace, 1.75u shift in R3, 6.25u spacebar as standard bottom row), and other variants

It's common that the pcb/plate support various 60% layouts for a customizable kit. But the render picture of 60s only show a literal "poker" layout plate. I suggest to add a picture or add some info of the pcb/plate, to describe what layout it supports exactly. It also helps to describe what the pcb/plate looks like, so we know what color it is, whether it support removing the top of switches without desoldering, etc.

On the other hand, it will be appreciated if the default alu plate/pcb is not a must as a bundle of the kit. I probably want to buy a kit and install my existing infinity 60 pcb/plate, which has costar stabilizers and feels better than a pcb/plate with cherry stabilizers. In this case the universally compatible 60s seems to be more of a elegant case and the bundled pcb/plate seems useless. It's appreciated if the pcb/plate is optional.

In your case it is true, but there are many more needs to buy, and I think at this price everything is very reasonable for the complete builder.

Offline Rafa_n

Re: [GB] Makeaboard -60S - Design no screw hole
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 16:05:32 »
What's the MOQ for this to go through and are we close to it?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 16:34:34 »
What's the MOQ for this to go through and are we close to it?

I don't think it's that kinda GB, I was under the impression they are already in process of making the boards, but I could be wrong.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 16:55:51 »
I'm bit confused which do you consider the "bot part"? In the exploded diagram you say the gold weight is the "bot part" but on the order form you specify that the "mid part" is the weight. Which one is it?
186184-0

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 17:35:17 »
I'm bit confused which do you consider the "bot part"? In the exploded diagram you say the gold weight is the "bot part" but on the order form you specify that the "mid part" is the weight. Which one is it?
(Attachment Link)

Yeah I'm also not sure which of the pieces is middle and bottom. Only the top piece is clear x__x

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 11:22:14 »
i hope they respond back to this since i'd like to get one and the buy closes soon

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 12:02:56 »
Honestly I think this looks incredible and I'm amazed there isn't more interest. My only concerns are, as you are new you don't have an established reputation etc (not a lot you can do about that I realise). Also I would like to see a prototype/example case if possible? One of the most important things for me is quality control and an excellent finish, but there aren't any actual boards or other buys you have run that I can take a look at. I hope you understand where I'm coming from, thanks =].

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 12:51:28 »
Honestly I think this looks incredible and I'm amazed there isn't more interest. My only concerns are, as you are new you don't have an established reputation etc (not a lot you can do about that I realise). Also I would like to see a prototype/example case if possible? One of the most important things for me is quality control and an excellent finish, but there aren't any actual boards or other buys you have run that I can take a look at. I hope you understand where I'm coming from, thanks =].

There is a video linked in the IC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YErZWdgSf6Y

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 13:20:07 »

Yeh I had checked it out but thanks nonetheless =]. Only thing is it's unfinished and QC on 1 board compared to a full run is obviously a different kettle of fish (does look very good though). I noticed on the website that there actually is a previous R96 GB that they have done that should be completed soon. So hopefully it will be possible to see the results/finishing of that as an example of what we can expect.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 16:05:51 »

Yeh I had checked it out but thanks nonetheless =]. Only thing is it's unfinished and QC on 1 board compared to a full run is obviously a different kettle of fish (does look very good though). I noticed on the website that there actually is a previous R96 GB that they have done that should be completed soon. So hopefully it will be possible to see the results/finishing of that as an example of what we can expect.

Same here. I think they’d get a lot more buyers if we could see some color samples or the finished R96.

Offline maylily

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 08:44:35 »
We will have the actual image after the anodizing, and the sample color of all the R96 samples is finished, this weekend.
Thank you for your interest.
(Attachment Link)
Bot part is the gold part in the picture

Offline lac29

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 12:52:58 »
Looks pretty interesting and I'm looking forward to a prototype photo.

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 13:06:41 »
We will have the actual image after the anodizing, and the sample color of all the R96 samples is finished, this weekend.
Thank you for your interest.

Sounds good, thanks  :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 17:02:38 »
beautiful design, cant wait to see more
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 04:34:03 »
Beautiful design but,

hard to decide to buy when there are no anodization examples and no info on shipping price or shipping company.

Also is there a possibility to only order 1 plate? I only want brass and no aluminium, but don't want to pay for both.

Is the angle still 10,5 degrees?

Offline bminhz

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 11:17:52 »
sad to see this one has low marketing compared to similar like Ares, great design tho

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 11:44:00 »
My question may appear silly for some, but what is the difference between QMK and bootmaper? Btw I am running on my Mac OS. Thanks :D

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 12:09:09 »
Question regarding supported layout #3.  Normally an HHKB has a 1.75u shift and a 1u function button.  Is that the case on this board as well, or do 3 keys have to replace the right shift (2.75u)?

Thanks!

Offline maylily

Re: [GB] Makeaboard -60S - Design no screw hole- UPDATE ANODE
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 13:15:46 »
My question may appear silly for some, but what is the difference between QMK and bootmaper? Btw I am running on my Mac OS. Thanks :D
QMK and Bootmapper are two different firmware.

Bootmapper is due to winkeyless development. You can find out more at: http://blog.winkeyless.kr/

QMK base on TMK, by Jack

beautiful design, cant wait to see more
Thanks,
Beautiful design but,

hard to decide to buy when there are no anodization examples and no info on shipping price or shipping company.

Also is there a possibility to only order 1 plate? I only want brass and no aluminium, but don't want to pay for both.

Is the angle still 10,5 degrees?

1. We updated the image for anodizing samples.
2. I want to have a good price kit for everyone, aluminum plate is included in the kit at very favorable prices, you should not count too much. Because if you exclude it from the kit, it does not reduce the price, so I recommend that you get my default kit + plate brass.
10.5 degrees, and has been modified to not reveal the switch as the prototype

Offline Perfex

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 13:46:52 »
Does this have the bottom brass piece as depcited in the renders?
I only see color anodizing options for the bottom.

Offline maylily

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 13 January 2018, 15:18:41 »
Does this have the bottom brass piece as depcited in the renders?
I only see color anodizing options for the bottom.
We do not make the bottom bronze, in the render image we simulate gold anodizing

Offline yonghf

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 00:39:20 »

Is this the same gold for the bottom part?

Offline maylily

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 08:34:17 »
Show Image

Is this the same gold for the bottom part?

Yes, exactly!!

Offline johuu

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 09:49:02 »
Joined yesterday. Could you please provide final numbers when GB is closed finally?

Offline maylily

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 10:37:05 »
Joined yesterday. Could you please provide final numbers when GB is closed finally?

Yes, me can.

Offline maylily

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 07:50:27 »
pump

Offline yonghf

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 19:26:40 »
I sent you 2 PMs on Reddit can you please check and get back to me?

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 05:26:12 »
Really nice design but, for $330 minimum shipped I would rather have some screw holes in the bottom and have it top mount.

Offline johuu

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 05:19:54 »

Yes, me can.

The GB closing date is in the past, but the joining form on your page is still accessible. Please provide some updates :).

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 13:12:36 »
Can you make a video showing how to assemble the case? I don't really understand it from the pictures.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 02:07:57 »
Is it possible to get a version in HHKB 60% with acrylic diffuser in the middle? I'm not really seeing any options for a diffuser in the group buy link.

Offline yonghf

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 09:18:15 »
Was there an MOQ? Seems like the GB ended on 24 Jan. Can we get an update?

Offline maylily

Re: [GB] Makeaboard -60S - Design no screw hole- [CLOSE]-[ CNC PHASE]
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 23:03:44 »
I have already booked the calendar with the factory to start the CNC phase, because this time it was the Lunar New Year, so after this period can update more about the process.

But please do not hesitate to email me at: maylilyrt@hotmail.com

Offline maylily

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 08:07:47 »
Hi,

Please join the GB to group private chat on the telegram.

I have sent the link through the message on our website.

Best regards,

Offline sroop

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 10:39:00 »
Where's the R96 progress?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 20:20:36 »
What ever happened with this?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline yonghf

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 21:58:01 »
Last update by GB runner was on May 18 where she said anodising require 10 more days. No news after that  :'(
Paypal protection is ending in 2 weeks and she isn't responding to my request for re-invoice.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 22:00:21 »
Last update by GB runner was on May 18 where she said anodising require 10 more days. No news after that  :'(
Paypal protection is ending in 2 weeks and she isn't responding to my request for re-invoice.

yeesh

Offline johuu

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 02:22:59 »

Communication happened in a Telegram chat group so far.

Offline yonghf

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 03:20:08 »

I think we can all agree that the GB runner needs to improve on communication.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 09:20:21 »

well, with the new GH rules they better start posting here

Offline mudcakehoney

[GB] Makeaboard -60S - Design no screw hole- [CLOSE]-[ CNC PHASE]
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 02:05:00 »
I joined the Rosa keycap group buy over 6 months ago from Makeaboard and there has been radio silence for months now. No response to replies from several people. I’m pretty sure it’s never coming

Offline sroop

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 08:45:49 »
Joined the R96 GB back in September - it was 'shipping this week' back in April and with a 'setback' it was at '99.99% completion' last month.