Author Topic: [GB] The Smallfry Keyboard Kit (Closed for Orders, 97% shipped. SEE LAST POSTS)  (Read 383021 times)

Offline bboyer

Re: [GB] The Smallfry Keyboard Kit
« Reply #1450 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:48:19 »
Thanks for the update and all the work mkawa

Offline r3nfr0

« Reply #1451 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:53:38 »
Here is a dose of positivity for you.

Offline Greeeg

« Reply #1452 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:29:10 »
Thanks for the updates.

Nice to know that this project is still progressing.

Wish you good health

Offline tahuds

« Reply #1453 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 19:04:58 »
Any updates?  >:D
I have beerology feedback from sales on the arstechnica.com forum going back to 2007 at the link-  http://www.beerology.com/view.cfm?id=3848

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1454 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 12:02:25 »
Srs question, will these be shipped this year?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74004.new#new

it will be shipped this year.

Tick tock.

Admit you can't ship them, you got in over your head and are too broke.

Man up, the sympathy card you keep playing expired months ago.

Also people please stop thanking him for his bi-monthly updates (if that). They have been proven to be entirely meaningless and you're just comforting an incompetent GB organizer who was careless with your $
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 December 2015, 12:04:04 by GSimon »

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1455 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 13:55:50 »
Srs question, will these be shipped this year?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74004.new#new

it will be shipped this year.

Based on all that mkawa has done for GeekHack and the spirit by which the group buy was created -- that was really hash GSimon.

Ming has been very upfront about his health and family issues and explaining the delays.

Tick tock.

Admit you can't ship them, you got in over your head and are too broke.

Man up, the sympathy card you keep playing expired months ago.

Also people please stop thanking him for his bi-monthly updates (if that). They have been proven to be entirely meaningless and you're just comforting an incompetent GB organizer who was careless with your $

Based on all that mkawa has done for GeekHack in the past and the reasons behind this group buy -- this is really harsh GSimon.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 December 2015, 13:57:28 by mashby »

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1456 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 15:55:54 »
Based on all that mkawa has done for GeekHack in the past and the reasons behind this group buy -- this is really harsh GSimon.

Past what? Past year where he's been flaking on this GB?

I'm out ~$250, part of my stuff is tied up with TheChemist who may or may not be mia at this point. Maybe if more people were 'harsh', or bluntly accurate as I see it, there would be less unexpected delays and broken commitments from GB leaders who can only deliver on excuses.

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #1457 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 16:07:08 »
Being a jerk on the Internet is not motivating anyone to send you anything no matter what you payed.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1458 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 16:19:40 »
Being a jerk on the Internet is not motivating anyone to send you anything no matter what you payed.
I'm kind of motivated to send him a poo in a box.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1459 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 16:23:02 »

I think taking $10,000 of other people's money in the name of charity and bailing is a jerk move, more so than words on a message board, but that's just my insane reality.

You also presume that I'm looking to motivate him to fulfill his commitment? I gave up on motivating a while ago, we've all tried tip-toeing around mkawa's feelings, how's that been going? At least now that he's shown he's unwilling and probably unable to see this GB through I can at least state what is happening and speak for those who won't stick their neck out about the situation.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1460 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 16:45:47 »
I think taking $10,000 of other people's money in the name of charity and bailing is a jerk move, more so than words on a message board, but that's just my insane reality.

In a vacuum, I would agree that it's a jerk move, but knowing the background behind the GB and the family and health issues that mkawa is going through puts things (at least for me) in a different light.

Is the buy in shambles? No question. Do we need to act like jerks and berate him all under the guise of being "direct"? I don't think so, but clearly you do.

I'm not telling you how to act and I don't wish to derail the thread any more than I have debating the subject with you. To each his own.

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1461 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:26:45 »
Any update?
Tell Daddy.

Offline Tindron

« Reply #1462 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 16:22:41 »
Cool story, bro.

Hi jdcarpe,

Do you know anything about the status of the pcbs?

Offline Ceedog

• sup.
« Reply #1463 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 16:25:17 »
I guess no one wants to ask, but I'll bite. The boards are supposed to ship this year, but with ten days between now and 2016, and a month and a half since the most recent update, can we get a more recent status?
GODLIKE SmallFry in progress.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1464 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 16:26:30 »
I guess no one wants to ask, but I'll bite. The boards are supposed to ship this year, but with ten days between now and 2016, and a month and a half since the most recent update, can we get a more recent status?

I think it's safe to say this definitely isn't happening this year if at all.

At this point I'll believe it when I see it.

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1465 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 17:31:55 »
 >:D
Tell Daddy.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1466 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 17:37:40 »
I don't know what's going on with mkawa, as I haven't heard from him in quite a while now. If he would ship out what he has, I can probably raise the funds to get people their PCBs. I would need to know who ordered what, but I'm willing to help in any way I can. I have access to both the old and new revisions of the PCB, whichever people would prefer.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #1467 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 17:42:50 »
I'm willing to help out in whatever way I can. I may not have tons of money to donate to the cause, but i can solder and ship or whatever.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1468 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 17:44:53 »
I don't know what's going on with mkawa, as I haven't heard from him in quite a while now. If he would ship out what he has, I can probably raise the funds to get people their PCBs. I would need to know who ordered what, but I'm willing to help in any way I can. I have access to both the old and new revisions of the PCB, whichever people would prefer.
And since I've offered to pay again for my shipping to get my stuff from mkawa multiple times over the last few months, I get the impression he has no interest in fulfilling orders.

And he's shipped other things out to people so I don't want to hear people making excuses.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1469 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:20:29 »
Apparently I'm not allowed to post on this ponzi scheme group buy thread because I have a dissenting opinion.

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1470 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:21:18 »
Apparently I'm not allowed to post on this ponzi scheme group buy thread because I have a dissenting opinion.
I've noticed your post getting deleted without any sort of explanation..It is a bit concerning..
Tell Daddy.

Offline Ceedog

• sup.
« Reply #1471 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:23:06 »
It would be concerning if it was mkawa deleting them, but last I checked he doesn't have that power.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1472 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:23:22 »
I've noticed your post getting deleted without any sort of explanation..It is a bit concerning..

Yeah... I guess that's how they roll around here. I was ****ing around making quasi-snide comments simply to underpin how people are still considering this board a reality, but apparently it's not ok.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1473 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:23:43 »
It would be concerning if it was mkawa deleting them, but last I checked he doesn't have that power.
He's still got plenty of friends who do.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1474 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:23:48 »

Yeah... I guess that's how they roll around here. I was messing around making quasi-snide comments simply to underpin how people are still considering this board a reality, but apparently it's not ok.

In all seriousness, short of a coma, there's NO reason that OP can't post once per week even if to simply say "sorry. no updates, guys."
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:25:20 by Wigflip »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1475 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:31:11 »
Your previous posts have been reported by several users, so I removed the posts after discussions with some of the other moderators, and sent you a message asking you not to post snarky comments at other users or the group buy, especially when you aren't involved. I am not sure what you have against this group buy in particular, but your last few comments are all in this thread. As I said in the pm, feel free to pm me if you want to discuss this decision. So there was an explanation, I just didn't post it publically.

Offline Ceedog

• sup.
« Reply #1476 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:32:12 »
Thanks for the transparent explanation. It can be pretty disconcerting when a post calling a group buy a scam is removed.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1477 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:34:15 »
Thanks for the transparent explanation. It can be pretty disconcerting when a post calling a group buy a scam is removed.

Fair enough, thanks for your input. I will try to improve the communication system for the future.  :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1478 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:35:10 »
Personally I think mkawa's vendor status should be called into question.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1479 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:35:49 »

I would be blown away if anyone even remotely considered giving money to mkawa again outside of charity.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1480 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:37:00 »

Good point, I will follow this up with the other moderators.

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1481 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:41:27 »

I would be blown away if anyone even remotely considered giving money to mkawa again outside of charity.

I agree.
I hate to say it but this seems like an exit scam..
Tell Daddy.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1482 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:42:33 »

Yeah... I guess that's how they roll around here. I was ****ing around making quasi-snide comments simply to underpin how people are still considering this board a reality, but apparently it's not ok.

If your posts contributed anything to the discussion they wouldn't have been deleted.  But when your posts amount to nothing more than "LOL, suckers" and you're not even in the group buy, why on Earth would we keep that?

A "dissenting opinion" is very much not the reason they were removed...

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1483 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:43:09 »
If your posts contributed anything to the discussion they wouldn't have been deleted.  But when your posts amount to nothing more than "LOL, suckers" and you're not even in the group buy, why on Earth would we keep that?

Bro... we've moved on.

Offline Ceedog

• sup.
« Reply #1484 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:45:13 »

[/quote]

He may not have contributed to the discussion, but I think he represents a fear that we all have about this buy, that has as of yet gone unaddressed.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1485 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:45:33 »
FWIW, I purchased a soldapullt from geekhackers on October 15th and it shipped fairly fast (within a week). Granted that is not related to this buy, but it is something that (afaik) mkawa ships out.

I would also be willing to contribute funds (if they are needed) to help this buy get wrapped up, assuming there was actually a plan in place, and not just "we're out of money".
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:04:37 by nickheller »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1486 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:48:49 »

Bro... we've moved on.

Finally.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1487 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:50:00 »
He may not have contributed to the discussion, but I think he represents a fear that we all have about this buy, that has as of yet gone unaddressed.

Thank you. I'm not just here to troll and be a douche. I'm trying to make a point.

I've followed this GB since its inception. I was really close to joining, but I didn't feel great about it, so I passed. Not to mention, simply because someone doesn't join a group buy, it absolutely shouldn't prohibit them from having an opinion or a voice on an event within the community. Honestly, this thread really isn't even about the board anymore. It's become about how to deal with the fact that this GB is completely shipwrecked and how the organizer made off with the cash that was taken in the name of a deceased community member. If anyone here is more concerned with me saying "I'm so glad I didn't join this" over the aforementioned point, you should rethink why you post.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1488 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:52:04 »

Thank you. I'm not just here to troll and be a douche. I'm trying to make a point.

I've followed this GB since its inception. I was really close to joining, but I didn't feel great about it, so I passed. Not to mention, simply because someone doesn't join a group buy, it absolutely shouldn't prohibit them from having an opinion or a voice on an event within the community. Honestly, this thread really isn't even about the board anymore. It's become about how to deal with the fact that this GB is completely shipwrecked and how the organizer made off with the cash that was taken in the name of a deceased community member. If anyone here is more concerned with me saying "I'm so glad I didn't join this" over the aforementioned point, you should rethink why you post.

Yes the fact this was all done in the name of smallfry is what pisses me off the most.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1489 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:52:56 »

And how exactly does your post help the situation?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1490 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:54:31 »

Saying things like

but thankful I can watch the fallout.

Was why your original posts were removed.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1491 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:55:20 »
LOL RIP my good point.

Offline Ceedog

• sup.
« Reply #1492 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:55:35 »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Possibly because it makes us think more critically, instead of blindly assuming our money will get us something?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1493 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:56:11 »

IIRC your original post the other day was along the lines of "I'm glad I didn't join this buy but I'm enjoying watching the fallout." That's trolling. Just because the post was deleted doesn't mean you can revise the history here. You're here to troll.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline daddytime

• Tell Daddy.
« Reply #1494 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:56:36 »
If anything, I think it brings up the fact that none of us should give any more money to this GB without some sort of clear plan to finish this...
Tell Daddy.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1495 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 18:57:45 »
If anything, I think it brings up the fact that none of us should give any more money to this GB without some sort of clear plan to finish this...

Nah man. There's no room for that kind of discussion. This is about what I said / meant now. It's not even about the board.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1496 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:00:36 »
I take issue with the notion that a troll post can lead to legitimate discussion. Nobody was even talking about giving more money toward this buy. The guy just showed up after a week of inactivity and posted a troll post.

My boards:
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1497 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:01:16 »

Possibly because it makes us think more critically, instead of blindly assuming our money will get us something?

And if he had formulated a thoughtful post, that might be the case.

Let me remind you the wonderful, thought-provoking content that was posted:

Once again... I'm so incredibly glad I didn't join this group buy, but thankful I can watch the fallout.
Show Image

If you seriously want the thread to be bumped with crap like this, geekhack might not be the place for you, and I will not apologize for the mod team removing thread-crapping from posts such as this.

Offline Wigflip

« Reply #1498 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:01:34 »
I take issue with the notion that a troll post can lead to legitimate discussion. Nobody was even talking about giving more money toward this buy. The guy just showed up after a week of inactivity and posted a troll post.

Yo seriously... can we talk about the group buy?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1499 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 19:06:02 »

Yo seriously... can we talk about the group buy?
Sure. What color plates did your order? Wait nm shut up and leave.

My boards:
More