Author Topic: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA (Shipping Corrections)  (Read 325586 times)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 07:52:44 »
That price is.... a bit too rich for my blood. Or at least for my wallet right now...

Can't afford to spend $160+ (120 base+20 shipping+15%-27% customs) on a set at the moment which will be used on a 60% board!

I don't want more caps if the set exceeds expected orders, I want less price. I may have to wait for Retro or Skull Squadron SA. But I really want this set! :(

we actually wanted to keep it under $100

but more keys got added etc and its a big set

what i can say though is yours would ship form the UK and you wouldnt have customs to pay on it

Do you mean that it would be shipped from the US to the UK and then someone ship it to Finland? Is there no import taxes in the UK?

Correct. The $20 international shipping is cheaper than having the set shipped directly to you from the US, while it also includes a tiny share of the import taxes that must be paid to ship all the international orders from the US to the UK.

And I know $120 seems like a lot. But just look at how complete the set is. You don't have to buy a separate pack for every use case, like a numpad kit, 60% kit, or tsangan kit. This covers all those. You would likely spend more, on average, for a "cheaper" set bought through PMK.

And I'd like to add that it keeps the resale value high, since it can be used on any semi-standard keyboard and the buyer won't be reluctant to buy some obscure extra pack you bought to support your oddball keyboard.

Oh and.... ORDERED! :D
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #251 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 09:10:27 »
FYI, the site goes down for me when I try and go to: https://ctrlalt.io/checkout/cart

"500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong."

It is a known error they are working on it. So far that happens if you had a previous item in your cart that is now out of stock.

I'm seeing some people have ordered, but I'm still getting a 500 error. I read on another post it has to do with items in your basket? I can't remove things as the cart give me an error page. Sorry for being impatient if this is still being worked on.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #252 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 09:14:12 »
FYI, the site goes down for me when I try and go to: https://ctrlalt.io/checkout/cart

"500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong."

It is a known error they are working on it. So far that happens if you had a previous item in your cart that is now out of stock.

I'm seeing some people have ordered, but I'm still getting a 500 error. I read on another post it has to do with items in your basket? I can't remove things as the cart give me an error page. Sorry for being impatient if this is still being worked on.

message codyeatworld, he is working on the issue in general now but can sort single cases pretty easy i think
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #253 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 09:19:46 »
That price is.... a bit too rich for my blood. Or at least for my wallet right now...

Can't afford to spend $160+ (120 base+20 shipping+15%-27% customs) on a set at the moment which will be used on a 60% board!

I don't want more caps if the set exceeds expected orders, I want less price. I may have to wait for Retro or Skull Squadron SA. But I really want this set! :(

what i can say though is yours would ship form the UK and you wouldnt have customs to pay on it

Do you mean that it would be shipped from the US to the UK and then someone ship it to Finland? Is there no import taxes in the UK?

Correct. The $20 international shipping is cheaper than having the set shipped directly to you from the US, while it also includes a tiny share of the import taxes that must be paid to ship all the international orders from the US to the UK.

And I know $120 seems like a lot. But just look at how complete the set is. You don't have to buy a separate pack for every use case, like a numpad kit, 60% kit, or tsangan kit. This covers all those. You would likely spend more, on average, for a "cheaper" set bought through PMK.

And I'd like to add that it keeps the resale value high, since it can be used on any semi-standard keyboard and the buyer won't be reluctant to buy some obscure extra pack you bought to support your oddball keyboard.

Oh and.... ORDERED! :D
BunnyLake and jd, what great sales men haha.

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #254 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 09:25:30 »
Omg! This set looks awesome! I hope I can afford it later this month! (Need to spoil my JD40 some more!)

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #255 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 09:27:10 »

]Yes, you heard that right... All owners of the JD40 (and upcoming JD45) keyboards, now hear this! THIS SET IS FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE JD40/45 KEYBOARDS. If you have been looking for a set to adorn your JD40, look no further!![/b]
any more news about the JD45? :D

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #256 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 09:45:15 »

]Yes, you heard that right... All owners of the JD40 (and upcoming JD45) keyboards, now hear this! THIS SET IS FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE JD40/45 KEYBOARDS. If you have been looking for a set to adorn your JD40, look no further!![/b]

Actually, the firmware is almost ready, and prototypes will ship to beta testers very soon. After a bit of testing, you'll likely see a group buy for them.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62641.0

You can follow me on Twitter for updates @CarpeKeyboards http://twitter.carpekeyboards.com
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #257 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 09:51:54 »

i cover any duty on the way in to the UK, and then yeah i ship the uk/eu and a few other bits
Wow are you paying the fees on your behalf? Or did you include them in everyone's shipping fees?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #258 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 09:57:36 »

Alright I guess you answered my last post to BunnyLake.

Regarding to the price of the GB, I think it depends on what you need, doesn't it? If you just need normal modifiers and normal alpha it might be cheaper than the current price. However if you need ISO, tsangan, numpad and so on then it is worth. As there is only one kit so it is easier to redistribute the price on all the purchases instead of just a few. Am I right?

Offline pasph

« Reply #259 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 10:01:43 »
EU orders will be shipped from UK?
Bye bye PMK
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #260 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 10:23:53 »
Thanks, NotActually_Relevent, whoever you are. :)

More

Regarding to the price of the GB, I think it depends on what you need, doesn't it? If you just need normal modifiers and normal alpha it might be cheaper than the current price. However if you need ISO, tsangan, numpad and so on then it is worth. As there is only one kit so it is easier to redistribute the price on all the purchases instead of just a few. Am I right?

Yes, it's a philosophy we stand by. It's about the ethos of a group buy, helping each other toward a common goal of saving on costs, while making something possible for the group which wouldn't have been possible individually. I may write up a blog post about it for [CTRL]ALT.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 January 2015, 10:29:38 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline martinyeah

• * Maker
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 10:54:40 »
Looks very nice ! im in :p

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 11:11:08 »
Thanks, NotActually_Relevent, whoever you are. :)

More
Show Image

Yes, it's a philosophy we stand by. It's about the ethos of a group buy, helping each other toward a common goal of saving on costs, while making something possible for the group which wouldn't have been possible individually. I may write up a blog post about it for [CTRL]ALT.

Fair enough. I was not criticizing, just to understand the point of view. I maybe in but I'm not sure yet. I'm not sure if I want to spend 100€ on keycaps.

Offline tyvar1

• Otto is a Rhino!
    • Reddit
« Reply #263 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 13:19:35 »

Actually, the firmware is almost ready, and prototypes will ship to beta testers very soon. After a bit of testing, you'll likely see a group buy for them.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62641.0

You can follow me on Twitter for updates @CarpeKeyboards http://twitter.carpekeyboards.com
Cool! Looking awesome! :D

Offline mecano

« Reply #264 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 14:59:00 »
Great set and well done for the bundle!
I'll pass because of alphas font size being too huge for me but again very nice design.

If I may suggest (maybe for futur sets) adding the following caps (following 3-12343).

For ISO to US Qwerty ISO conversion
 \ at R3

Planck + KBT Pure Pro support
 another SHIFTx1 at R4
 CTRLx1 at R3
 DELx1 at R1
 BACKSPACEx1 at R1
 2x FNx1 at R3
 ENTERx1 at R4

For other OSes support
 Replace WIN with a generic term, like SYSTEM or SUPER.
 Ok you already have CMD and SUPER keys but changing the label of the WIN keys allow the use of R3 x1 keys on some keyboards.
 Another alternative is to add 2x CMDx1 at R3 and 2x SUPERx1 at R3 for Pure Pro, Planck and others support.

Congrats for the set ;)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 15:14:56 »
Great set and well done for the bundle!
I'll pass because of alphas font size being too huge for me but again very nice design.

If I may suggest (maybe for futur sets) adding the following caps (following 3-12343).

For ISO to US Qwerty ISO conversion
 \ at R3

Planck + KBT Pure Pro support
 another SHIFTx1 at R4
 CTRLx1 at R3
 DELx1 at R1
 BACKSPACEx1 at R1
 2x FNx1 at R3
 ENTERx1 at R4

For other OSes support
 Replace WIN with a generic term, like SYSTEM or SUPER.
 Ok you already have CMD and SUPER keys but changing the label of the WIN keys allow the use of R3 x1 keys on some keyboards.
 Another alternative is to add 2x CMDx1 at R3 and 2x SUPERx1 at R3 for Pure Pro, Planck and others support.

Congrats for the set ;)

Unfortunately, it wouldn't have been possible to include all of those keys, just due to the sheer size to which the kit would grow, and the associated increase in cost.

I will address a few points:

* Planck keyboard support - the Planck is a 40% matrix design. VERY few people enjoy using a matrix keyboard. So to add support for a keyboard with so few users would unnecessarily add costs for the OVERWHELMING majority of purchasers, while benefiting literally only a handful of users, who may or may not purchase the set. GBs are about economies of scale.

* KBT Pure Pro - a very unfortunate keyboard design. As someone who designs and builds keyboards myself, I can tell you without hesitation that this is one of the worst keyboard designs I've ever encountered. If you purchased the Pure Pro, it's my opinion that the folks at Vortex duped you into buying their terrible product, which they dubbed with the "Pure" moniker in order to try and capitalize on a very good previous design. Marketing bait and switch, as it were.

* Other OS support - I did include 1.25-unit keys with SUPER and CMD labels, which covers the vast majority of users. Very few users will need a 1-unit OS key. Also, in the future, I plan on including an OS-agnostic symbol, which will further reduce the size of the kit, by eliminating the WIN, SUPER, and CMD keys altogether. More info on that topic here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67638.0
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 January 2015, 15:16:47 by jdcarpe »

in memoriam

Offline Dee1

« Reply #266 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 15:55:09 »
This set looks nice. Great work with it! :) Hopefully I can put together the funds soon to order it. :D

Offline mecano

« Reply #267 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 16:25:23 »
Unfortunately, it wouldn't have been possible to include all of those keys, just due to the sheer size to which the kit would grow, and the associated increase in cost.

I will address a few points:

* Planck keyboard support - the Planck is a 40% matrix design. VERY few people enjoy using a matrix keyboard. So to add support for a keyboard with so few users would unnecessarily add costs for the OVERWHELMING majority of purchasers, while benefiting literally only a handful of users, who may or may not purchase the set. GBs are about economies of scale.

* KBT Pure Pro - a very unfortunate keyboard design. As someone who designs and builds keyboards myself, I can tell you without hesitation that this is one of the worst keyboard designs I've ever encountered. If you purchased the Pure Pro, it's my opinion that the folks at Vortex duped you into buying their terrible product, which they dubbed with the "Pure" moniker in order to try and capitalize on a very good previous design. Marketing bait and switch, as it were.

* Other OS support - I did include 1.25-unit keys with SUPER and CMD labels, which covers the vast majority of users. Very few users will need a 1-unit OS key. Also, in the future, I plan on including an OS-agnostic symbol, which will further reduce the size of the kit, by eliminating the WIN, SUPER, and CMD keys altogether. More info on that topic here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=67638.0

Damn, you spotted me on the Planck, I just thought it was selling ok because last PMK GB included a Planck set. The only interest I have in the Planck is that Planck sets may allow me to get a close to Pure Pro set ;) I could have say the Poincarré or anything that has R3-R4 singles =)

I know this isn't the place but now you started it I wanna know, why is the Pure Pro so terrible?
When I had to choose it came pretty on top, it has arrows, it is plate mounted (sounded like a cool idea at the moment, but not so now that I had to hack it a little and that I realize I'm a light force typer), it has backlight (which also sounded like a bright idea at first and still is in a way), it has 4 keys on the left of the space bar and these 4 lefties are vital for me, it has two additional programmable layers with possible timeout sequences (that I may use and is really fun to play with) and a smaller footprint than the Tex Beetle or the Filco Minila.
Ok it could have been better so I won't have to rely on software for 2 or 3 keys and allow layout flashing but been available and while I didn't know much about Teensy and DIY or Artisan keyboards...
I don't see, what's wrong? The PCB is a Poker one, just as the Pure should be as well, so basically the same.

Mmm oh... keycaps you mean? Right, I thought I won't have to change caps, but then... well, you see, there are these guys which are crazy about keyboards, they make incredible cool keycaps... ;P

Yup seen the universal symbol thread, great idea so with less OS keys you can add more Pure Pro keys for the same price in future sets! ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 16:28:55 »
I've configured my Nintype iOS keyboard with the same colour way in celebration of this release.
Show Image

Am I a geek?

Very dedication :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 23:11:31 »
Finally remembered to buy this set!  :D  This should be a good one.   :thumb:

Offline Shayde

« Reply #270 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 02:11:36 »
If you purchased the Pure Pro, it's my opinion that the folks at Vortex duped you into buying their terrible product, which they dubbed with the "Pure" moniker in order to try and capitalize on a very good previous design.

On the Pure, the good design was compromised by having CTRL-ALT-DEL short-cutted as FN+Left Shift.  That was pants-on-head retarded.  Don't get the key-press order wrong when doing shift-cursoring or you'll bring up the lock screen on Windows.
Collector-of-switches.  Cherry: red, brown, blue, black, grey (linear), green.  Alps: simp./comp. white, comp. blue, Matias.  NMB: white, black.  Futaba: Cherry stem.  Omron: yellow.  Topre: 45g  Various: Apple II+, TRS80 Model 1, C64, Acorn Electron, ZX81 (lol!).

Offline mecano

« Reply #271 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 03:16:10 »
If you purchased the Pure Pro, it's my opinion that the folks at Vortex duped you into buying their terrible product, which they dubbed with the "Pure" moniker in order to try and capitalize on a very good previous design.

On the Pure, the good design was compromised by having CTRL-ALT-DEL short-cutted as FN+Left Shift.  That was pants-on-head retarded.  Don't get the key-press order wrong when doing shift-cursoring or you'll bring up the lock screen on Windows.

And this was ported over to the Pure Pro? Anyway that doesn't affect me as I'm rarely on Windows :)
For me, inconveniences of the Pure Pro are uncommon caps size and non easy hackability; on one hand you can't reprogram the layout on the other I found the PCB not easy to work with (readability, double side, too much varnish).

@JDcarpe Being a newbie I hadn't made the relation with you and the JD40, I now realize how possibly clumsy my previous posts were and hope I didn't worry or hurt you. I could have say the JD40 as well and there was not intention to play some kind of trick. The JD45 looks great!

« Last Edit: Fri, 16 January 2015, 07:00:47 by mecano »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #272 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 03:36:19 »
Finally remembered to buy this set!  :D  This should be a good one.   :thumb:

One of the rare FULL on, pure, SA Contoured Goodness available to us lot here on GH.

The colour-way is superb plus the shear amount of keys available makes it possible to deck out any type of keyboard (besides the midget deformations).  It's just pure SEX, can't wait to get my finger tips upon these babies and enjoy the awesomeness connected to this particular key-set.

One of the luxurious sets currently available, that is why I couldn't ignore this for 2015.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #273 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 08:30:51 »

I said it was a very good design, not a perfect one. :))

@JDcarpe Being a newbie I hadn't made the relation with you and the JD40, I now realize how possibly clumsy my previous posts were and hope I didn't worry or hurt you. I could have say the JD40 as well and there was not intention to play some kind of trick. The JD45 looks great!

No worries! Order more Hack'd By Geeks, everyone!!

:D

in memoriam

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #274 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 09:50:34 »

Because I do whatever JD tells me to do, my order has been placed.  ;D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #275 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 09:51:39 »

What up mashby! Hope you are doing well. :D

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #276 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 09:56:35 »

If I had known it was that easy...

Good to see you around, mashby! :)

in memoriam

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #277 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 09:57:22 »
Thanks guys. Trying to inch my way back. Slowly but surely.  :))

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #278 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 09:58:15 »
Thanks guys. Trying to inch my way back. Slowly but surely.  :))

we miss you mashby

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #279 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 10:03:51 »

mashby!  :D  Glad to see you didn't miss this buy.  ;)   Hope you're doing well and are able to spend some more time around here, we miss you.   :-*

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
« Reply #280 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 10:19:16 »
A must buy for starting off 2015! It sure is a beautiful set.
I payed through PP, so hopefully it gets updated on the CtrlAlt website soon.
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #281 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 10:34:50 »
A must buy for starting off 2015! It sure is a beautiful set.
I payed through PP, so hopefully it gets updated on the CtrlAlt website soon.

ill do that right now

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #282 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 15:44:05 »
Could someone post a picture of the caps on a board?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #283 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 15:53:13 »

Sure, just as soon as they are produced, sorted, and shipped. I'm sure you will see lots of pics of them then. :D

in memoriam

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #284 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 16:42:48 »

:))

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #285 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 16:55:25 »

YES everyone wants to see them already installed into their favourite keyboard as soon as possible.  If only JD had that power to illuminate our eyes with their existence, then he'll be the first one to do so here on Geekhack.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #286 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 16:57:19 »

YES everyone wants to see them already installed into their favourite keyboard as soon as possible.  If only JD had that power to illuminate our eyes with their existence, then he'll be the first one to do so here on Geekhack.

ill sweet talk cody in to doing some nice keyboard mockups when he has some time

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #287 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 16:58:53 »
I don't know of one off the top of my head, but is there an existing SA keyset with the same or similar row profiles? A picture of that + some imagination might help Geroximo.
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #288 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 17:43:22 »
I don't know of one off the top of my head, but is there an existing SA keyset with the same or similar row profiles? A picture of that + some imagination might help Geroximo.

PuLSE has the same row profiles, the same family of keycaps, the same semi matte finish.

in memoriam

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #289 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 19:42:21 »
Just ordered. For some reason Chase initially declined it thinking the order was fraudulent, so I had to reorder.

Offline renne

« Reply #290 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 00:19:50 »

PuLSE has the same row profiles, the same family of keycaps, the same semi matte finish.
sir, it is not matte at all, although it said to be semi matte.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #291 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 09:00:43 »

sir, it is not matte at all, although it said to be semi matte.

That's just what SP calls that finish. Not matte, but just shy of being glossy. :)

in memoriam

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #292 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 15:26:25 »
This choice of profile angles is simply amazing to type on. By far my favourite profile. Here are some pics of my PuLSE set, only 60% so you can't see how the top row looks, but Data's post a few above mine has pics of a TKL with them on: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62554.msg1597372#msg1597372

They'll be replaced with these when they arrive :D

I'm still using Penumbra on my other 60%. They're Row 2, 3, 3, 3, 4: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51026.msg1520889#msg1520889

They are all "semi-matte", which is actually quite smooth, but not shiny. They shine up fairly quickly with use, though, but don't seem to feel as "greasy" as the matte DCS sets when they do.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #293 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 16:22:21 »
This choice of profile angles is simply amazing to type on. By far my favourite profile. Here are some pics of my PuLSE set, only 60% so you can't see how the top row looks, but Data's post a few above mine has pics of a TKL with them on: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62554.msg1597372#msg1597372

They'll be replaced with these when they arrive :D

I'm still using Penumbra on my other 60%. They're Row 2, 3, 3, 3, 4: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51026.msg1520889#msg1520889

They are all "semi-matte", which is actually quite smooth, but not shiny. They shine up fairly quickly with use, though, but don't seem to feel as "greasy" as the matte DCS sets when they do.

Does someone have a comparison of this profile with original Cherry sets? SA Caps are much taller of course, but I would like to see how the profiles compare in between.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #294 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 16:34:55 »
Does someone have a comparison of this profile with original Cherry sets? SA Caps are much taller of course, but I would like to see how the profiles compare in between.

I don't, but they will feel much different. Besides being taller, SA profile have spherical tops, while Cherry/GMK have cylindrical tops.

in memoriam

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #295 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 16:40:13 »

I don't, but they will feel much different. Besides being taller, SA profile have spherical tops, while Cherry/GMK have cylindrical tops.

Good tip, but I still would like to know if the profile of their tops are close or how different their top curves are.

Offline shay_shay

« Reply #296 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 00:21:47 »
jdcarpe,

I noticed, by studying the info-graphic in the OP, the regular 2.25x and 2.75x shift keys are Row 3, but the 1.75x shift and the 1x FN key that goes with it are Row 4. This is what that would result in, an obvious mismatch:

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/41656e509c6852c163299e31aa7252fb

Is that really how they are?

--Shawn

Offline renne

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 01:12:48 »
jdcarpe,

I noticed, by studying the info-graphic in the OP, the regular 2.25x and 2.75x shift keys are Row 3, but the 1.75x shift and the 1x FN key that goes with it are Row 4. This is what that would result in, an obvious mismatch:

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/layouts/41656e509c6852c163299e31aa7252fb

Is that really how they are?

--Shawn
I'm actually wondering if there will be another small GB for Row 4 shift in the future.

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 02:17:14 »
Do you guys have a rough estimate in to when the keyset will be in our posession?
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #299 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 03:02:30 »

Please forgive the large file size, posting directly from my phone (with the keyboard in the picture actually).

Here is GMK Dolch and Pulse SA on the same board so you can see the height and angle differences:

(Attachment Link)

Good tip, but I still would like to know if the profile of their tops are close or how different their top curves are.

Darn mobile browser doesn't handle selection, copy and pasting properly...  Sorry, but my post is there inside the quotes.
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 January 2015, 03:08:15 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.