Author Topic: Varmilo VA68M Kit Defect?  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Cotay

Varmilo VA68M Kit Defect?
« on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 13:12:18 »
I've ordered a VA68M kit from Taobao and it has been received by the Agent. The Agent notified me of what they considered a potential defect. Specifically they noted there is glue/epoxy in the bottom frame of the case. From the pictures it looks like there is glue/epxoy around the left side of both foot hinges.

I can't for the life of me see why the Agent would consider this a "defect", but I can't think of a functional reason why Varmilo would put glue/epoxy in these locations.  I have 72 hours to decide whether to send this back to the seller. I've seen numerous other examples of this case on the web and none of the others have had this. Anyone have any thoughts on why the glue would be there?

175711-0

175713-1

Offline Blazestorm

Re: Varmilo VA68M Kit Defect?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 13:22:38 »
Just FYI you can order from Varmilo directly... $83 + $28 shipping. Which includes the new anodized cases (black + grey). The old versions were painted afaik.

I took my blue VA68 case apart to check for you, Mine had the same stuff, not sure why it's there but it didn't affect anything. Should be good to go =)

Offline Cotay

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 13:34:14 »
Just FYI you can order from Varmilo directly... $83 + $28 shipping. Which includes the new anodized cases (black + grey). The old versions were painted afaik.

I took my blue VA68 case apart to check for you, Mine had the same stuff, not sure why it's there but it didn't affect anything. Should be good to go =)

Thanks a million! I didn't think it was a big deal, but it's nice to get confirmation.

Yeah, I know that this is the old version, but I specifically wanted one in blue and Varmilo hasn't released one in the V2 model. I may end up getting another one of the V2 models as well.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 22:36:57 »
just looking at where the glue is I wonder if it had something to do with re-forcing those screws? Perhaps they used epoxy to seal the screws in better because they where having some type of issue with back out? Though I would think lock tight or something like lock tight would be a better choice. Thats just my guess as to what the mystery substances was for.