Author Topic: [IC] SA Symbiosis R2 - Group Buy Coming Soon  (Read 109076 times)

Offline zslane

Re: [IC] SA Symbiosis R2 - Returns with a new design
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 11:53:32 »
Well, the size of the legends for the alphas is sort of immaterial since they won't match ordinary SA alpha legend size no matter how big you make them. This simply due to the fact that you have to make room for the APL secondary legends.

7bit re-did nearly all the legends for Round 6 Space Cadet, and they are a tiny bit "bolder" than SP's standard legends for SA. You can mix and match them with keys from other sets but you will notice a small difference in the line weight of the legends. And, of course, the F-row keys all have bigger legends than normal, which makes them more readable I suppose, but also makes them difficult to match up with keycaps from other SA sets.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 16:37:20 »
Interested, where will this GB run?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 03:34:45 »
Interested, where will this GB run?

Thanks for the support. The time and place are not certain yet. They depend on how much interest and how it works out with the options like kits, price, etc. It takes time to figure out.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 March 2018, 18:36:55 by hhkbp2 »

Offline Haaaaaandrew

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 12:33:51 »
Very interested. I'd be in for alphas, symbolic mods, symbolic extension, and 40s depending on the timing of the gb ;)

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 20:52:40 »
A poll is set up for interest check. Please vote here if you want to support this project.

Massdrop Poll for SA Symbiosis R2

Please vote the corresponding options under the cases:

• Flat(all R3): If you prefer to a flat version(all R3), or you prefer to a sculpted one but still will buy it if it's flat, make sure you vote it
  • Sculpted: If you perfer to a sculpted version, vote it.
  • Prefer to Symbolic Modifiers and Extension: Only vote this if you perfer to Symbolic Modifiers and Extension kit if only one combo of Modifiers and Extension kit is available
  • Options of Kits: Vim, Ergodox, Planck, 40s, Minila, Spacekeys. Make sure you vote the corresponding kit option if you want it to happen

Since the Massdrop vote system only allow three options at most. If you want to vote for options more than 3, you could vote the options you want to most, and leave a comment here or in the discussion zone of this poll for the options or kits you want to support.

Thank you for your support!
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 21:42:21 by hhkbp2 »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 21:39:52 »
A poll is set up for interest check. Please vote here if you want to support this project.

Massdrop Poll for SA Symbiosis R2

Please vote the corresponding options under the cases:

• Flat(all R3): If you prefer to a flat version(all R3), or you prefer to a sculpted one but still will buy it if it's flat, make sure you vote it
  • Sculpted: If you perfer to a sculpted version, vote it.
  • Prefer to Symbolic Modifiers and Extension: Only vote this if you perfer to Symbolic Modifiers and Extension kit if only one combo of Modifiers and Extension kit is available
  • Options of Kits: Vim, Ergodox, Planck, 40s, Minila, Spacekeys. Make sure you vote the corresponding kit option if you want it to happen

Since the Massdrop vote system only allow three options at most. If you want to vote for options more than 3, you could vote the options you want to most, and leave a comment here or in the discussion zone of this poll for the options or kits you want to support.

Thank you for your support!

I think the URL for the poll was not inserted.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 21:43:07 »
I think the URL for the poll was not inserted.

Fixed. Thanks!

Offline Cygnoos

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:21:33 »
If this becomes a thing I will 100% join for most of the sets. Also, this is relatively minor, but will you have "TOP" printed on the front of the greek key like on the original space cadet?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:46:19 »
If this becomes a thing I will 100% join for most of the sets. Also, this is relatively minor, but will you have "TOP" printed on the front of the greek key like on the original space cadet?

I guess you meant "FRONT" on the front of the "GREEK" key. It should not cost much to add this since most front printing symbols happen in the alphas area. IMO it could be added if the front printing works out. The main issue of front printing is the price, which depends so much on the sold number in this case.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 05:53:08 »
Update:

The Massdrop poll shows there is no much interest on this keyset. In this case, a GB with so many kits will not happen. And because I could not get permission from 7bit to use the R6 molds for the alphas, it seems impossible to make it sculpted. It is the last option we have to run a replicate set of Symbiosis R1, in all R3. I'm thinking about taking the last chance to put up a small GB for it. It would be simply just one big kit with 104, WKL and a few novelties keycaps, in all R3 just like Symbiosis R1. As we know from the poll many of you prefer to a sculpted version, but it's not gonna happen under such circumstance. Sorry to let you down. And thank you all for all your help and support.

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 06:11:11 »
Update:

The Massdrop poll shows there is no much interest on this keyset. In this case, a GB with so many kits will not happen. And because I could not get permission from 7bit to use the R6 molds for the alphas, it seems impossible to make it sculpted. It is the last option we have to run a replicate set of Symbiosis R1, in all R3. I'm thinking about taking the last chance to put up a small GB for it. It would be simply just one big kit with 104, WKL and a few novelties keycaps, in all R3 just like Symbiosis R1. As we know from the poll many of you prefer to a sculpted version, but it's not gonna happen under such circumstance. Sorry to let you down. And thank you all for all your help and support.

personally, I think the problem is "not many interested people know there is a poll on Massdrop" instead of "they are not interested"
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline objex

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 06:58:13 »

personally, I think the problem is "not many interested people know there is a poll on Massdrop" instead of "they are not interested"

That was true for me. I don't come on gh often and didn't know this IC or the poll existed yet. I am very interested in this set.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 07:52:40 »

That blame is on me if that's the case. I didn't make advertisement all over other places such as reddit or have the resource to make fancy renders for now, etc. But there are numbers: two weeks since this thread starts, 5000 more views of this topic, around 100 comment in this thread saying they were interested and one week since the poll starts, 100 more votes. These numbers look to me that they tell a story that just a few are interested.

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 07:55:40 »

That blame is on me if that's the case. I didn't make advertisement all over other places such as reddit or have the resource to make fancy renders for now, etc. But there are numbers: two weeks since this thread starts, 5000 more views of this topic, around 100 comment in this thread saying they were interested and one week since the poll starts, 100 more votes. These numbers look to me that they tell a story that just a few are interested.

The promotion of this kit may be enough, but not for the MD vote.

Let's do this together ;)

HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline zslane

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 12:02:41 »
While it's true that I generally prefer fully sculptured SA, I'm totally okay with a second round of Symbiosis being all row3 (again). In fact, I voted for uniform row3 on the MD poll. I want it for my smaller keyboards, and I like uniform row3 on those.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 13:20:47 »
Is there any way to create a kit to fill the Hyper R7 board? Trying to figure out which kits I'd need to buy to fill that board is giving me a headache.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 14:07:30 »

Unfortunately I don't think your view goals are gonna go super well for this topic, I completely forgot it existed after they moved it to this subforum (until just now when I went to look for the SA carbon thread), and I highly doubt I'm the only one.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 21:11:16 »
Is there any way to create a kit to fill the Hyper R7 board? Trying to figure out which kits I'd need to buy to fill that board is giving me a headache.

We have talked about Hyper7 previously. Hyper7 is a layout particularly created by 7bit. It will not happen without his permission, not as a part of Symbiosis R2. Usually you could grasp some blank keycaps from PMK to fill the board, if it's acceptable for a blank layout rather than the exact Hyper7 layout with all its legends.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 21:33:10 »

Unfortunately I don't think your view goals are gonna go super well for this topic, I completely forgot it existed after they moved it to this subforum (until just now when I went to look for the SA carbon thread), and I highly doubt I'm the only one.

It's moved to this subforum by the admin because a poll in Massdrop was set up. And we still need that poll even though it doesn't give the precise number about what we try to figure out.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 March 2018, 21:36:42 by hhkbp2 »

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 23:38:00 »
While it's true that I generally prefer fully sculptured SA, I'm totally okay with a second round of Symbiosis being all row3 (again). In fact, I voted for uniform row3 on the MD poll. I want it for my smaller keyboards, and I like uniform row3 on those.

I heard your request from earlier comment of this thread. And there are dozens of people in the same boat for a flat version, as we could see in the poll. I'm thinking put together a small GB about it recently. Probably it's just one kit like:

191418-0

I'm gonna finalize the kit and price, etc. If anyone need just a few additional keycap, please raise the request and I would see what I could do.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 March 2018, 23:42:29 by hhkbp2 »

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 23:49:30 »

I heard your request from earlier comment of this thread. And there are dozens of people in the same boat for a flat version, as we could see in the poll. I'm thinking put together a small GB about it recently. Probably it's just one kit like:

(Attachment Link)

I'm gonna finalize the kit and price, etc. If anyone need just a few additional keycap, please raise the request and I would see what I could do.

what about waiting until the end of March before kit frozen, there are still many people interested in this kit and I just informed them yesterday

Offline zslane

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 00:52:27 »
Why are there yellow and purple keycaps?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 00:57:20 »
what about waiting until the end of March before kit frozen, there are still many people interested in this kit and I just informed them yesterday

Thank you for all your help! It does take time to warm thing up. The vote would increase no doubt if we wait much longer. But seeing from what happened in the past, it seems still too far away from what we need for a big GB(to lower the price) with many kits. Since there are so many public, popular big GBs coming later along this year, I prefer to running a small GB(with a reasonable price) which satisfies the requirement of a flat version soon. The poll still makes sense to collect interest. If there is enough interest in the future, maybe we could still have a big GB for the sculpted version, but it just will not happen that soon.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 01:02:44 »
Why are there yellow and purple keycaps?

Most of these yellow and purple keycaps are novelties keycaps for Lisp Machine theme. And the yellow "wasd" are from the game kit of R1, which are required by a bunch of potential buyers I managed to gather. A few yellow keycaps look nice on the blue/grey keyset.

Offline beekey

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 11:37:57 »
I like R3. 2-3-3-3-3 would also be nice, as I sae for the Pulse Mitolet kit.
Any chance to add some blanks? I use split space layouts and would love a 2.25 and 2.75 blank.
Without these I will skip. But as this is a niche layout I understand not covering it.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 12:26:15 »
I like R3. 2-3-3-3-3 would also be nice, as I sae for the Pulse Mitolet kit.
Any chance to add some blanks? I use split space layouts and would love a 2.25 and 2.75 blank.
Without these I will skip. But as this is a niche layout I understand not covering it.

I'm afraid it will not include blank keycaps as it's just a one minimized kit to cover some usual layouts. In general, if there is enough interest(MOQ 25 for SP SA) for a special layout, e.g. minila, split spacebar, another kit could be added.

Offline mrkevint

• OK.
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 15:11:21 »
I'm interested in this set! Even if it ends up being a smaller GB with a R3 set  :thumb:

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 15:39:09 »
Voted for uniform R3 just like the first round  :thumb:

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 15:42:49 »

(Attachment Link)

I think this will work for most people since it is uniform R3 there won't be too much issues with compatibility.

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 16:15:30 »
I was more hyped by the idea of a sculpted set but I'd be down for all row 3 as well, especially if it lowers the price per kit a bit.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 09:13:23 »
Is there no way to run this set like MiTo did with Godspeed? Sculpted version as well as the "budget" R3 TKL kit?
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 09:42:49 »
I'm interested in this set! Even if it ends up being a smaller GB with a R3 set  :thumb:

Voted for uniform R3 just like the first round  :thumb:

I was more hyped by the idea of a sculpted set but I'd be down for all row 3 as well, especially if it lowers the price per kit a bit.

A small GB will be put together in a few days, for an all-in-one R3 kit(showed in #119). Please wait for the update. Thank you for your support!
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 March 2018, 10:03:00 by hhkbp2 »

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 10:00:21 »
Is there no way to run this set like MiTo did with Godspeed? Sculpted version as well as the "budget" R3 TKL kit?

It's the initial idea to run the sculpted version only, but there is interest issue. So maybe we could adjust the plan to run a small GB for all R3 version first. It will be ideal to do a big GB like Godspeed selling thousands of kits. Sometimes things are not so ideal in reality. Stay tuned. If there is enough interest, eventually it will happen sometime somewhere.

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 10:10:52 »

It's the initial idea to run the sculpted version only, but there is interest issue. So maybe we could adjust the plan to run a small GB for all R3 version first. It will be ideal to do a big GB like Godspeed selling thousands of kits. Sometimes things are not so ideal in reality. Stay tuned. If there is enough interest, eventually it will happen sometime somewhere.
Is it going to be ran by a vendor or by you? And if its going to be a smaller buy what kits if any are going to be nixed?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 10:28:07 »

Is it going to be ran by a vendor or by you? And if its going to be a smaller buy what kits if any are going to be nixed?

The flat version layout in the coming small GB was posted already. So I guess you meant the sculpted one, right? It's unknown yet for things like how much interest or how many votes will be there at some time in the future (for example, 6 months later), whether there is a GB, when/where, what kits will be present. It needs to be a big GB for the sculpted one to come true, and according to situation for now, it's going to be a long shot if possible.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 March 2018, 10:37:17 by hhkbp2 »

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 10:47:53 »

The flat version layout in the coming small GB was posted already. So I guess you meant the sculpted one, right? It's unknown yet for things like how much interest or how many votes will be there at some time in the future (for example, 6 months later), whether there is a GB, when/where, what kits will be present. It needs to be a big GB for the sculpted one to come true, and according to situation for now, it's going to be a long shot if possible.
I see, that's a damn shame. All row three for me it seems. Might be a good idea to message the mods to see if you can get moved back to the IC thread so people know that this is happening somewhere else.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 12:11:45 »
I see, that's a damn shame. All row three for me it seems. Might be a good idea to message the mods to see if you can get moved back to the IC thread so people know that this is happening somewhere else.

Relax. Take the coming small GB as a chance to make those people who like all R3 happy, even though they're the minority. If we combine everything into one single GB which will happen soon when sculpted version is possible, it will be ideal. But it's also risky neither of them happen at all due to low interest. Seeing from what happened in IC, it will take a long time to collect interest for the sculpted version. So we could play cards in two hands flexibly: a small GB for all R3 with a reasonable price happens soon without much longer wait time, and the IC for sculpted SA space-cadet theme(could be called Symbiosis R3 or SA space cadet maybe) still goes along for a possible long shot. Something happens for sure now, is better than nothing after a long time waiting.

Thanks for the suggestion to message the mods about moving back to the IC subforum. Actually I did send the message soon after this thread was moved to Massdrop subforum by admin about a week ago. I was told that the Massdrop poll needs to be taken out before this thread is moved back to IC subform. We still need the poll, so the thread stays here.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 March 2018, 12:13:30 by hhkbp2 »

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 12:39:48 »

Relax. Take the coming small GB as a chance to make those people who like all R3 happy, even though they're the minority. If we combine everything into one single GB which will happen soon when sculpted version is possible, it will be ideal. But it's also risky neither of them happen at all due to low interest. Seeing from what happened in IC, it will take a long time to collect interest for the sculpted version. So we could play cards in two hands flexibly: a small GB for all R3 with a reasonable price happens soon without much longer wait time, and the IC for sculpted SA space-cadet theme(could be called Symbiosis R3 or SA space cadet maybe) still goes along for a possible long shot. Something happens for sure now, is better than nothing after a long time waiting.

Thanks for the suggestion to message the mods about moving back to the IC subforum. Actually I did send the message soon after this thread was moved to Massdrop subforum by admin about a week ago. I was told that the Massdrop poll needs to be taken out before this thread is moved back to IC subform. We still need the poll, so the thread stays here.

we have 450 votes now!

almost 500!

Offline sujikinen

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 19:54:20 »
This design need more than 1000,OP or someone should create a signature pic which can put in our profile to help attract people's attention.

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 10:50:11 »
just noticed KP has set up the China proxy for this GB: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c-s.w13608044-14986162198.5.2f356509DlwKED&id=565911392433

Hope the GH GB page will be online soon  :thumb:

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #140 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 11:35:04 »
just noticed KP has set up the China proxy for this GB: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c-s.w13608044-14986162198.5.2f356509DlwKED&id=565911392433

Thanks for your support. I'm afraid KP has to handle the orders from GH buyers as well. There will be a buying webpage in English for GH buyers. It's expected as a small GB about 50 units or so(and there are many orders from Chinese KB community), and the price is kept low to make this small GB easier to go. So there is no profit to afford another US or EU proxy. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 12:21:32 »

Thanks for your support. I'm afraid KP has to handle the orders from GH buyers as well. There will be a buying webpage in English for GH buyers. It's expected as a small GB about 50 units or so(and there are many orders from Chinese KB community), and the price is kept low to make this small GB easier to go. So there is no profit to afford another US or EU proxy. Sorry for the inconvenience.

hmm.. so maybe ZFrontier is another option to process GB other than MD, since ZF's investor still have money to afford extra custom/proxy fees :pppp

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 12:52:30 »

hmm.. so maybe ZFrontier is another option to process GB other than MD, since ZF's investor still have money to afford extra custom/proxy fees :pppp

Actually I talked to ZFrontier before about the collaboration to run a GB, but it didn't work out. If there is any other person or vendor is suitable and willing to be the proxy for US/EU, for free or a really low fee, a recommendation is appreciated.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 March 2018, 13:01:26 by hhkbp2 »

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #143 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 13:12:13 »

Actually I talked to ZFrontier before about the collaboration to run a GB, but it didn't work out. If there is any other person or vendor is suitable and willing to be the proxy for US/EU, for free or a really low fee, a recommendation is appreciated.

maybe KBDFans? known as 怡科外设 on Taobao.
KBDFans has perfect feedback record in reddit/geekhack, but not sure if they're willing to run GB, since they're always selling their own products.

Offline xyverz

« Reply #144 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 23:20:18 »
If this gets the full Sculpted, with the Colevrak kit built, I'll be in for sure!

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 01:25:38 »
If this gets the full Sculpted, with the Colevrak kit built, I'll be in for sure!
No full sculpted. It's basically going to be a rerun of the original symbiosis. I'm going to put my faith in 7bit eventually getting around to running this colorway in the round 7 Algol GB.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 02:02:27 »

Thank you for your support. Currently we don't have enough interest to make the sculpted one happen. It's possible if there is enough interest later. Regarding to the sculpted Colevrak kit, it requires many new molds since due to its special legends, it would need plenty of interest to make it happen too.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 11:45:01 »
maybe KBDFans? known as 怡科外设 on Taobao.
KBDFans has perfect feedback record in reddit/geekhack, but not sure if they're willing to run GB, since they're always selling their own products.

KBDFans is nice to talk to. Since we already got KP in the business for China with a preset price. There will be some problems just to drag them in. It's going to take some time to work out a solution. Hold on.

Offline zslane

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 12:21:00 »
So wait, is this a China-only GB?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 12:51:51 »
So wait, is this a China-only GB?

Of course not. If it's a China-only GB, it would not be necessary to run the IC, vote things at GH at the first place. What we discussed above is that we ran into some trouble when trying to setup a GB page for GH buyers, and tried to find a solution.