Author Topic: [IC] GMK BLOT /GB TODAY  (Read 49832 times)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
Re: [IC] GMK BLOT / LATIN ALPHAS 16/2/23 UPDATE
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 02:58:35 »
I mean you can argue about how ankit brought this up.
But he highlighted Keybros (not so far away) history.
And Keybros doesn't seem very apologetic about it.

This doesn't change the quality of this set or the fact that there's ES/FR kit on it which is unique.

Still you gotta ask yourself, who you're giving money to.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 March 2023, 16:01:15 by azhdar »
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 05:03:16 »
Still you gotta ask yourself, who you're giving money to.
we might as well stop buying keycaps entirely then.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 08:49:18 »
If I had a nickle for every time someone said  "Hey you gotta consider who you're giving your money to." and someone replied with "Well then I might as well just not 'X'"...
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 09:12:01 »
If I had a nickle for every time someone said  "Hey you gotta consider who you're giving your money to." and someone replied with "Well then I might as well just not 'X'"...
you'd have one nickel

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 09:30:35 »
My nickels would be greater than it equal to 1 actually. Glad to see my college education is paying off XD
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline bshendy

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 09:35:47 »
The iso enter do be the brand of sacrifice from Berserk which is kinda funny.
At the end of the day is this a keycap set I'm interested in and would fork money over for? With 1.5-2 year groupbuy times for GMK being the norm, I'll pass.
The kitting is still good though and it's doing some things different versus other keysets, which I can appreciate, so I don't blame anyone for joining if they like the set.

As for the drama, it kept me entertained for a few minutes. If I'm a vendor, would I be a bit perturbed to run a set with someone who's unapologetically openly promoting clones, some of which I may have run and may run again in the future (that can hurt my business directly)?
Of course.

At the end of the day the designer will probably get paid for his work, because the set is already popular with the crowd from what I can see.
Much like living in Florida with my governor being Ron Desantis  :rolleyes:

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 10:52:59 »
After having a face to face meeting with Manu, we have agreed to the following points: 

First of all, Manu is deeply sorry to the designers and general public. He has spent a few days thinking over his actions and realized the importance of the situation. Not only this has impacted his own reputation in a negative way, but this has also splashed over the rest of the team at ELOQUENT.

In order to rectify this and avoid future confusion, we have agreed to eliminate all social media accounts that pertain to this past. We believe this is the best way to move forward. 

To conclude, at the end of the day, we all just want to work on something we love to do. We aim to move past this bad blood and not let this cloud our personal relations. 

Regarding the Berserk ISO enter novelty: It was not our intend to copy the work of others. Rather, we thought it was cool to use it as a reference or Easter egg (given that some of the theming relating blood and sacrifice are similar). I did not expect for the rune to be interpreted this way, so we are changing the ISO enter keycap design with a new rune. 

I would like to remind everybody that ELOQUENT keycap sets that are being designed are all uniquely designed and are original works. They are the work of multiple passionate team members, including myself and Manu

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 14:13:27 »
Given the above statement of WoobEC, I'm pretty confident now to whom I'm giving my money to and happy to renew my support to this set. No reason to disturb the past, let's move steadiily on towards our first GMK ESFR kit  ;D

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 14:40:07 »
After this WoobEC's statement I will buy it even harder !
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 15:53:23 »
Come on man add that Cyrillic alphas set, viva la revolucion
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 16:21:20 »
nevermind
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 February 2023, 16:24:26 by tactilesbad »

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 08:57:16 »
Then it's literally just perestroika lol

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 10:54:58 »
Oh really
It's almost like people are demanding a good white on red set that the designer can't be arsed to rerun
How absolutely dreadful and selfish of them

Offline hyperfix8

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 10:57:38 »
Might be showing my ignorance, but as a Berserk fan, I was really excited to see the Brand of Sacrifice novelty. Is that an issue because they didn't go through the proper channels to license it? RIP Miura.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 11:02:08 »
Might be showing my ignorance, but as a Berserk fan, I was really excited to see the Brand of Sacrifice novelty. Is that an issue because they didn't go through the proper channels to license it? RIP Miura.

engrave a weeb symbol on a $800 TKL and no one bats an eye

slap the very same symbol on an ISO enter and everyone loses their minds

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 11:33:40 »

engrave a weeb symbol on a $800 TKL and no one bats an eye

slap the very same symbol on an ISO enter and everyone loses their minds
It's intent.

Offline Friendship

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 11:47:39 »
plamstic bad >:[
Collection: LZ GHv2, Esheu Fallacy, Moesode Bliss, Daji Ocho Cuatro, Ace Saturn60, Bolsa Midway60, MLI NUM1, MLI VISION, PW ROTR

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 11:51:52 »
It's intent.

The intent is merely selling a product through the appeal of pop culture references

Offline NSMN

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 12:29:04 »
This time people decided it was wrong, other times it was right, that's the great thing about Geekhack, depending on who you are and your friendships you can be right or wrong.

Offline Jho

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 25 February 2023, 04:26:32 »
Love it, always loved this color. Hope to get it.

Offline JIO

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 25 February 2023, 10:53:34 »
This set of keycaps is so beautiful, I would like it better if the big keys were English instead of icon.

Offline JIO

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 25 February 2023, 10:55:26 »
This set of keycaps is so beautiful, I would like it better if the big keys were English instead of icon.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #122 on: Sat, 25 February 2023, 12:07:52 »

just so you know the "big" keys generally categorized with all the non-alphabet keys are called "modifiers". it ofcourse would be nice it have a unique, original, and beautiful graphical design for modifiers for an original keycap set, but usually that is not what we get. we get either of these 3 options:
1 - modifiers are text + icon (this is the default and most common) you can see this design not only on "designer" sets like this, but on every $20 set on amazon and ebay and alibaba
2 - icon only. this is what you see here in this design
3 - text only. the rarest and therefore the best.

now by experience i know that the most common is icon + text but i personally like it the least because it is common and it is available on all common designs on amazon and ebay as mentioned. having said that i know most people demand this. the reason being that most people suck. then the 2nd common is icon only which i much prefer to the previous one. But text only i like the best because its rarest. now you are ofcourse entitled to have a different opinion, all is subjective.

« Last Edit: Sun, 26 February 2023, 18:35:52 by DaaDaa »
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline giuliano.cz

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 14:44:17 »
I've just realized there's no 40s kit, you may want to consider adding an "obscure" kit, as 40s is a big community that I think you shouldn't ignore.
Either that or add 3-key compat to the base kit.

Offline iamtragic

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 15:05:05 »
I've just realized there's no 40s kit, you may want to consider adding an "obscure" kit, as 40s is a big community that I think you shouldn't ignore.

Looks like 3-key is already in base kit.

Offline giuliano.cz

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 27 February 2023, 06:40:51 »

Looks like 3-key is already in base kit.

You're right! 3-key is there. I would encourage adding a 40s kit though.

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
Re: [IC] GMK BLOT / ARTISAN AND DESKMAT COLLABS 28/2/23
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 28 February 2023, 08:55:02 »
UPDATE: Artisan and deskmat collabs added, color comparison  added

Offline keepoto

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 28 February 2023, 09:29:59 »
might be late to the party, but nice

I love the iso enter nov!

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 02 March 2023, 13:04:04 »

it is different shade of red, does perestroika IP covers every shade of red?

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 02 March 2023, 13:49:15 »

salient point. when i saw there color difference, i asked myself the question: what is it about perestroika design that is unique? and the answer is that its actually the generic GMK doubleshot set with icon mods andi am not even sure that the a designer can have IP on Cyrillic alphas or on a pantone.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #130 on: Thu, 02 March 2023, 14:19:39 »

salient point. when i saw there color difference, i asked myself the question: what is it about perestroika design that is unique? and the answer is that its actually the generic GMK doubleshot set with icon mods andi am not even sure that the a designer can have IP on Cyrillic alphas or on a pantone.
No, they don't have an IP on every shade of red, but it's similar enough a shade of red that adding cyrillic legends would basically make it discount perestroika. There's nothing that makes perestroika inherently unique as you say, but it's the combination of the Maroon red, the Cyrillic legends and the icon mods that make it what it is. This set with cyrilic legends would be extremely similar.

Offline Cables Hero

• ✨ Artisan custom cables maker based in France [EU]
    • https://cableshero.com/
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 05:27:23 »
OOH! GMK & Azerty ?? First time i see this, a very interesting set!

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 10:18:50 »

No, they don't have an IP on every shade of red, but it's similar enough a shade of red that adding cyrillic legends would basically make it discount perestroika. There's nothing that makes perestroika inherently unique as you say, but it's the combination of the Maroon red, the Cyrillic legends and the icon mods that make it what it is. This set with cyrilic legends would be extremely similar.

spoke like someone with bunch of sealed perestroika ready to scalp

Offline iamtragic

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 15:55:41 »
If you want perestroika, just buy perestroika lmao.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 20:28:42 »

spoke like someone with bunch of sealed perestroika ready to scalp
My bruh do you think I have the kind of money to spend on perestroika? My most expensive board cost less than a single kit, and it had Zeal PC clickiez in it!

Offline CyCo

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 06 March 2023, 09:27:59 »
Can’t wait to see artisan collars. A splash of this red would look sickkk!

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 06 March 2023, 10:30:35 »
Can’t wait to see artisan collars. A splash of this red would look sickkk!

Collars like this ?

Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline bordboards

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 21:12:06 »
bloody good :D

Offline calvinari

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 21:21:41 »
RNDKBD said on their Discord that they are pulling out as the Canadian vendor. Are there any other Canadian vendors lined up?

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #139 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 06:25:51 »
RNDKBD said on their Discord that they are pulling out as the Canadian vendor. Are there any other Canadian vendors lined up?

Nice. Now Canadian fans of the set can get a good vendor.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 14 March 2023, 08:41:25 »

Nice. Now Canadian fans of the set can get a good vendor.
Hey don't be dissing RNDKBD, my man does a good job.

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
Big update!

Offline XiXora

I see a duplicate Ñ in base and ESFR kit?

I'd love 2x 1.5U Super (and extra 1u Alt) for HHKB and Mac somewhere though.

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
I see a duplicate Ñ in base and ESFR kit?

I'd love 2x 1.5U Super (and extra 1u Alt) for HHKB and Mac somewhere though.
Solved!

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 15 March 2023, 07:09:32 »
Yes! Ashkeebs is on board now  :D

Offline mamahuhu

Many communication problems have been sorted ...  :thumb:
Colourway comparisons have been released ...  :thumb:
ISO Enter key novelty has been modified ...  :thumb:
Duplicated keys have been removed ...  :thumb:
Kitting seems complete ...  :thumb:
Proxies found ...  :thumb:

Within a month and with hard work, many issues have been resolved.

GLWYIC!

Offline DashanYYY

• Unikeys
Where can I get that Bowl Runestone XT. That board is so sick

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
Where can I get that Bowl Runestone XT. That board is so sick
We don't know it yet but we are working on it

Offline WoobEC

• Eloquent Clicks
RUNESTONE-XT by Bowl renders updated

Offline WoobEC