Author Topic: Post your BS boards here!  (Read 433172 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: Post your BS boards here!
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 09:15:54 »
Not much love for them around here, though.

Lots of people like the M15 which is based on M2 technology with the integrated barrels/topcase and the smaller keycaps.

The M15 is a hard to obtain keyboard, but it is the only BS ergonomic keyboard.  It's pretty cool.

The M2 is difficult to repair and hard to find parts for.  (Usually from other M2's)
Edit: I have never got the hang of using a soldering iron well and have destroyed more than I fix!
So maybe it's just me, but I have really been unsuccessful with them.

I've never had trouble with a soldering iron. Probably because I was given my first one when I was young. I used to tear apart VCRs and stuff like that, then reuse those components on other things.

Honestly, up until right about now I never really had an interest in an M2, but all this talk has got me thinking...maybe a restoration project would be fun.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #251 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:00:48 »
Forget your dinky little plastic membrane model Ms, here's a real BS keyboard:

This thing is beast beyond all belief, and the size of a small whale. <3
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #252 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:02:44 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice.  Is it converted to USB yet.  Any plans to convert the layout to ansi?

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:43:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah, it came with xwhatsit's controller preinstalled. I actually decided against getting it ANSI modded; I like the way the original layout looks, and it seems like most people get them modded, so I figured I'd leave this magnificent creature be. The date on the bottom says 32-1984, for the record.
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Offline Touch_It

Post your BS boards here!
« Reply #254 on: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:45:06 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah, it came with xwhatsit's controller preinstalled. I actually decided against getting it ANSI modded; I like the way the original layout looks, and it seems like most people get them modded, so I figured I'd leave this magnificent creature be. The date on the bottom says 32-1984, for the record.

Very nice.  Can't argue with originality.  I just didn't think I could stand the default layout as is.  Also yours appears to be in way better condition than mine was. All the plastic tops were yellowed or the paper was very grungy.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 March 2015, 20:46:47 by Touch_It »

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #255 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 03:32:34 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice.  Can't argue with originality.  I just didn't think I could stand the default layout as is.  Also yours appears to be in way better condition than mine was. All the plastic tops were yellowed or the paper was very grungy.

me2. I think I personally would go for ansi or iso and use a new set of keycaps :)

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #256 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 02:19:44 »

The tops are yellowed a bit on mine, but it's not bad at all. But yeah, it is in really nice condition. I need to give it a cleaning, of course, it's 31 years old, but it looks great. I got it from orihalcon here through the classifieds forum. :)

The default layout is actually not bad with the right mapping! The two keys where ANSI has one in all spots that happens are actually just both mapped to the ANSI key - So that short left shift and <> key are both mapped to LShift, for example. That way if I happen to hit either it still works. (And if I hit between my finger just falls to one side and presses one of them anyway so.) I'm honestly having more trouble with the lack of F and J bumps and ordered a pair of those keys from Unicomp for it.

me2. I think I personally would go for ansi or iso and use a new set of keycaps :)

Other than the full grid numberpad area and the two keys where ISO enter is, this actually is pretty much the ISO layout in the main section. XD Could map it to be an ISO layout easily, just make PD 1 and PD 3 both enter. But yeah, you should be able to get caps for ANSI at least through Unicomp now that they offer multiwides. I like the look of the original keys with the inserts though. XD

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 19:49:01 »
So I made an order for some new caps from Unicomp a week or two ago. They finally arrived this morning and I just finished placing them on the board:

I still need to bolt-mod it, though.
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 21:37:49 »
So I made an order for some new caps from Unicomp a week or two ago. They finally arrived this morning and I just finished placing them on the board:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I still need to bolt-mod it, though.

Nice!

The orange arrow keys are a nice touch :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 21:46:00 »
I got an unsaver today.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #260 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 21:50:46 »
I got an unsaver today.
Show Image

Oooh!  ANSI!

Was this ANSI originally?  All its bigger cousins seem to be ISO out of the factory.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 21:51:33 »
I got an unsaver today.
Show Image

Oooh!  ANSI!

Was this ANSI originally?  All its bigger cousins seem to be ISO out of the factory.

Nope, it was modded to ANSI.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 21:52:20 »
I got an unsaver today.
Show Image

Oooh!  ANSI!

Ah, that explains it.

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #263 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 21:54:12 »
 Unsavers look particularly sexy imo.  Red escape key is a nice touch.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #264 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 22:02:07 »
I got an unsaver today.
Show Image

Oooh!  ANSI!

How does that work? Do you have to use a barrel plate from an M122 and chop it down?

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Touch_It

Post your BS boards here!
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 22:05:24 »
I got an unsaver today.
Show Image

Oooh!  ANSI!

How does that work? Do you have to use a barrel plate from an M122 and chop it down?

M122 would have the same ISO layout.  All you do on model F's is separate the metal plates and rearrange the springs and stabilizer inserts on the barrels in the upper metal plate and reassemble.  Hopefully that brief explanation gives you an idea.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 22:07:31 »
Xpost, but proud to be a SSK member  :cool:

I can't remember who does bolt modding... Is it fog?
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 22:11:45 »
I got an unsaver today.
Show Image

Oooh!  ANSI!

M122 would have the same ISO layout.  All you do on model F's is separate the metal plates and rearrange the springs and stabilizer inserts on the barrels in the upper metal plate and reassemble.  Hopefully that brief explanation gives you an idea.

Well not really but that's only because I have zero knowledge about the inner parts of a Model F.

My boards:
More

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #268 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 22:16:34 »
Yeah,  I understand that.  I didn't understand until I bought a model f and opened one.  It's really simple once you actually see it in person. There are guides and videos on this around if you want a visual.

Offline gr1618

« Reply #269 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 23:06:42 »
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 July 2015, 21:50:35 by gr1618 »

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #270 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 04:13:52 »
So, out of curiosity, if one wanted to mod a Model F to, say, the HHKB layout, you would just need to move around stabilisers and springs so you have enough keys? It wouldn't require doing any destructive/irreversible modifications?
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #271 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 04:23:32 »
So, out of curiosity, if one wanted to mod a Model F to, say, the HHKB layout, you would just need to move around stabilisers and springs so you have enough keys? It wouldn't require doing any destructive/irreversible modifications?

Well you'd need a kishsaver with a split backspace. I think that you can convert a normal kish but I'm not totally sure if the short shift is possible. This is what it'd look like. Photo cred goes to Snoopy.

« Last Edit: Thu, 02 April 2015, 04:26:38 by Joey Quinn »
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #272 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 04:34:01 »
Oh, I just meant the main cluster, not the size. Particularly the 1.5 backspace and the two 1u keys above it.

That Kish you linked is my dream keyboard.

Edit: What do you mean by split backspace?
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #273 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 04:53:22 »
Edit: What do you mean by split backspace?

2 1u keys where backspace would go instead of the 2u that's normally there.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #274 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 05:59:52 »

Well you'd need a kishsaver with a split backspace. I think that you can convert a normal kish but I'm not totally sure if the short shift is possible. This is what it'd look like. Photo cred goes to Snoopy.

Show Image

Oh what I would give to have this thing... ummmmm.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #275 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 10:53:35 »
I got an unsaver today.
Show Image

Oh god that is one sexy keyboard... The things I would do for one of those...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 11:31:04 »

Show Image

Split backspace is easy on a kishsaver (I believe they were this way stock), the split right shift is tricky.  You can definitely split it, and mine came stock split.  The catch is that rather than the 2.75 key being split to 1.75 | 1, it's split to 1 | 1.75, which puts the 1u fn right next to /? and the shift on the edge of the case (or you have a 1u shift in proper HHKB position and 1.75u fn).  Hope that makes sense.  I can take pics later if it helps.  :)

But in general, changing the layout on the kishsaver is crazy easy.  You literally just move the spring/hammer assemblies around.  Every barrel position in the plate has contacts on the PCB under it, even if the layout didn't have a key there (if that barrel was a stabilizer insert).  Then it's just a matter of programming, which is also easy with xwhatsit's controller.  Not sure if that makes any more sense than Touch_It's explanation, but again I can take pics if need be.   :thumb:

Offline mougrim

« Reply #277 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 11:40:38 »
And my newest aquisition :)

IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #278 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 12:09:50 »

Show Image

Split backspace is easy on a kishsaver (I believe they were this way stock), the split right shift is tricky.  You can definitely split it, and mine came stock split.  The catch is that rather than the 2.75 key being split to 1.75 | 1, it's split to 1 | 1.75, which puts the 1u fn right next to /? and the shift on the edge of the case (or you have a 1u shift in proper HHKB position and 1.75u fn).  Hope that makes sense.  I can take pics later if it helps.  :)

But in general, changing the layout on the kishsaver is crazy easy.  You literally just move the spring/hammer assemblies around.  Every barrel position in the plate has contacts on the PCB under it, even if the layout didn't have a key there (if that barrel was a stabilizer insert).  Then it's just a matter of programming, which is also easy with xwhatsit's controller.  Not sure if that makes any more sense than Touch_It's explanation, but again I can take pics if need be.   :thumb:

Makes perfect sense. I'd looked at it before, and considering how the stems are aligned on the BS right shift, as you said there's not really any way to get the Fn there. No reason it can't be placed on one of the keys below the right shift, of course.

I've been looking into the adaptability of the Model Fs tonight and it looks a lot easier than I initially thought it would be. I've bought an AT Model F that'll need some maintenance work done, and I intend to rearrange the layout into something more useful to me than the default setup. Just the normal rearranging shouldn't be a problem. I also want to do the spacebar mod I saw here, but that seems a bit riskier.
Typing speed:
More

My collection:
More

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #279 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 18:48:08 »
I finally have an SSK   ^-^

IBM SSK by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Crystal Lake  <3

Now I just need to clean it...   :rolleyes:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 19:29:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

Crystal Lake  <3
Show Image

Dirty boy, DIRTY BOY
And my newest aquisition :)
Omg you got that Soviet clone BS board?! Sweet!!

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #281 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 19:49:58 »

Show Image

Show Image

Crystal Lake  <3
Show Image

You get that from Cindy???

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #282 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 19:50:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Crystal Lake  <3
Show Image

You get that from Cindy???

Yessir!  :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 19:51:33 »

It's pretty dirty. I think you're lying to us. You really got that from The_Beast right?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #284 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 19:54:00 »

It's pretty dirty. I think you're lying to us. You really got that from The_Beast right?

Low blow alert!!

* HoffmanMyster chuckles

:))

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 20:15:18 »

Low blow alert!!

* HoffmanMyster chuckles

:))
Ouch... the sting.  :))

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #286 on: Thu, 02 April 2015, 20:46:57 »

What are you waiting for?  I'd like to know if it is actually working.  Did you get an SDL cable with it or have one handy to find out?  Oh and just using dish soap with oxyclean works pretty good.  Be sure the keys are dry when you put them back on!!!
  I can't wait to see it when it's sparkling!  Great catch Hoff!

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #287 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 00:25:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

Crystal Lake  <3
Show Image

:'( you have everything now

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #288 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 04:04:01 »

What are you waiting for?  I'd like to know if it is actually working.  Did you get an SDL cable with it or have one handy to find out?  Oh and just using dish soap with oxyclean works pretty good.  Be sure the keys are dry when you put them back on!!!

I got mine from Cindy, and it works. I plugged it in and tested all of the keys. She also includes a cable with every SSK. It's really a steal for $75 if you ask me.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #289 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 04:17:09 »

I got mine from Cindy, and it works. I plugged it in and tested all of the keys. She also includes a cable with every SSK. It's really a steal for $75 if you ask me.

I believe that all keycaps included is also guaranteed :)

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 04:42:23 »

A full set is guaranteed, but not the exact caps for the board. Missing caps are replaced with Model M caps. My SSK came missing the SSK I and + keys, so I don't have the sublegends. It looks strange on the I key. Unicomp said they can make a replacement, but I have to buy a full set of caps.. and I don't know how good their quality is going to be.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #291 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 05:55:02 »

A full set is guaranteed, but not the exact caps for the board. Missing caps are replaced with Model M caps. My SSK came missing the SSK I and + keys, so I don't have the sublegends. It looks strange on the I key. Unicomp said they can make a replacement, but I have to buy a full set of caps.. and I don't know how good their quality is going to be.

Awww, that's a shame :(

At least you have a full set - it would be difficult to find the odd one or two replacement keycaps, SSK-specific or otherwise.

I hope you can eventually find some replacement SSK caps.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #292 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 06:43:18 »

Awww, that's a shame :(

At least you have a full set - it would be difficult to find the odd one or two replacement keycaps, SSK-specific or otherwise.

I hope you can eventually find some replacement SSK caps.

Yeah it does suck. Everyone I've spoken to doesn't have replacements. Phosphorglow wasn't sure if he had any replacements. Clickykeyboards said no, and Unicomp said buy a full set of our caps.

It could be an excuse to buy some of those neato APL keycaps from Unicomp though?

It's lame the one you got from her has a broken case Rowdy (I think that was you, anyway.). Did she give you a bit of a discount for that?

Boards:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #293 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 07:53:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

Crystal Lake  <3
Show Image

:'( you have everything now

Still no F-77 though...  :(

Other than that, I'm quite content with my BS collection for the time being.  :)

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #294 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 13:20:59 »

Yeah it does suck. Everyone I've spoken to doesn't have replacements. Phosphorglow wasn't sure if he had any replacements. Clickykeyboards said no, and Unicomp said buy a full set of our caps.

It could be an excuse to buy some of those neato APL keycaps from Unicomp though?

It's lame the one you got from her has a broken case Rowdy (I think that was you, anyway.). Did she give you a bit of a discount for that?

The APL set looks pretty good. 

You can also see more here...
http://imgur.com/a/bBFuv

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #295 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 17:30:03 »

I got a replacement set from Unicomp for SSK, but I only use the alpha/numeric keys. The rest are from other model M/F keyboard. I noticed a difference in the printing when the set first arrived but since using them for a few months now they just seem normal. The embedded number pad looks quite good actually, it is a light grey (if I had a good camera I would take some comparison photos but I don't so I could only bring potatoes to the party).

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #296 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 00:59:59 »
Work in progress

OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #297 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 01:00:40 »
Mmmm 107 goodness

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #298 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 01:01:24 »
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #299 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 01:03:06 »
Oh ****, lol must be past my bed time lol.  How embarrassing.  Night!