Author Topic: [IC]SA 128K for Ae (with Korean and Japanese Alphas) coming soon  (Read 14163 times)

Offline pcire

Re: [IC]SA 128K for Br and Ae (with Korean and Japanese Alphas)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 11:27:01 »
I was looking forward to the Br set!
GL on the GB tho!

Offline rowie

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 11:53:27 »
GL on the GB tho!

This. I guess I’m not in.  Ok good luck with the gb as well.

Offline piit79

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 12:13:41 »
I'd also much prefer Br, not interested in Ae.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 12:27:43 »
Definitely in for the set with jp alphas. Br set was for me too bright; glad that you decided to go ahead with the Ae instead.  :)

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 25 June 2019, 15:23:14 »
I see purple, I buy 5 sets  :-*

Joke aside, nice work! If Korean sublegends require additional molding cost, could possibly consider just the Japanese sublegends to keep cost down since you can recycle the same molds from the recent SA Laser drop. Can't recall if I have seen any SA set with Korean sublegends before. Feels like for something that needs new mold, you need Massdrop in order to pull it off.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 02:54:29 »

Joke aside, nice work! If Korean sublegends require additional molding cost, could possibly consider just the Japanese sublegends to keep cost down since you can recycle the same molds from the recent SA Laser drop. Can't recall if I have seen any SA set with Korean sublegends before. Feels like for something that needs new mold, you need Massdrop in order to pull it off.

It's $50 for each new legend with a Korean symbol so it should work out if the GB sells 100~200 alpha kits, adding $10 or so to each kit. As for the Alphas with Japanese symbols, I guess it's impossible to get Mito's permission to use the SA Laser legends. Besides, given the unpleasant history between Hoq and Massdrop(Drop now), it's impossible for Hoq to work with Massdrop, again. As I know Hoq will run this GB by himself.

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 23:12:51 »

It's $50 for each new legend with a Korean symbol so it should work out if the GB sells 100~200 alpha kits, adding $10 or so to each kit. As for the Alphas with Japanese symbols, I guess it's impossible to get Mito's permission to use the SA Laser legends. Besides, given the unpleasant history between Hoq and Massdrop(Drop now), it's impossible for Hoq to work with Massdrop, again. As I know Hoq will run this GB by himself.

The Japanese alphas will be made with my design not the same with any other's design, the legends and fonts are not quite the same, the molds will be newly design and made by SP.
Maybe you are not quite formiliar with Japanese and Japanese かな入力 keyboard layout,
For MD's Japanese alphas, they look good and cool for non-Japanese users, but not quite good for Japanese people and JIS keyboard users.
I don't think I need their permission .

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 23:19:15 »
Thanks for letting us know. As long as yellow is still an option I’ll be in for it.  :thumb:

I'd also much prefer Br, not interested in Ae.

GL on the GB tho!

I'm not giving up BR yellow keyset , I 'll run Br in the future.  :p

I love YBP yellow color very much, I have got some samples and tried to made some novelites with YBP color, they look awesome.

Offline AaronR

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 23:55:54 »
Would a modifier kit with the mods inverted be possible so dark purple with the light purple for the legends?

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 23:54:46 »
Just so you have feedback from the other side as well, I did not care for the Br. set, so the purple set ticks all the boxes for me :)

I'd also appreciate the inverted color mod kit (dark purple keys with light purple legends) and if you consider doing that then perhaps it may also make sense to have the accent keys inverted (pink keys with dark purple legends).
Just my 2c.
In for sure eitherway.

Offline Warrenified

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 01:42:53 »
Oh im innn

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 19:44:22 »
Would a modifier kit with the mods inverted be possible so dark purple with the light purple for the legends?

Just so you have feedback from the other side as well, I did not care for the Br. set, so the purple set ticks all the boxes for me :)

I'd also appreciate the inverted color mod kit (dark purple keys with light purple legends) and if you consider doing that then perhaps it may also make sense to have the accent keys inverted (pink keys with dark purple legends).
Just my 2c.
In for sure eitherway.

The basic concept of this series  is to use the unified light color for all the keys, so I chose  light purple color,  just like the PS and AI sets' way. I hope to continue this design idea.
And, adding a dark purple modifier is not impossible, but it will increase the cost, and there have been many SA keysets has the same dark color modifiers, such as SA Grand Budapest, TM, Pluse's purple kits, Round 6, etc.  ;D

Offline coffeeshopcoder

Re: [IC]SA 128K for Ae (with Korean and Japanese Alphas) coming soon
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 30 June 2019, 23:43:34 »
I would jump on a budapest round 2 any day, but I'm not paying 350+ for a keyset on mechmarket.

Offline OneWithNothing

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 02 July 2019, 05:04:53 »
Great job on the sets, although I'd be interested in the Br set with Japanese Alphas. Looks nice!
"When nothing remains, everything is equally possible."

Offline Tessachka

• Twitch
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 05 July 2019, 16:31:16 »
Yay!!! I'm so glad you're doing the Korean alphas in the purple!! This set will be gorgeous, definitely in.

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 23:43:22 »
I would love to see an Illustrator version of this. Illustrator does not get enough love.

Offline slxdegrees

• Nerds With Keebs
    • Donate to Room To Read!
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 23:54:11 »
I would love to see an Illustrator version of this. Illustrator does not get enough love.
there is. it ran before this.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk