Author Topic: [IC] Godspeed XDA/PBT  (Read 21533 times)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
[IC] Godspeed XDA/PBT
« on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 04:29:37 »
Celebrating 48 years since the lunar touchdown, I'd like to check if there's interest in this project and what do you think about the kits selection.

Take a look and let me know what you think!

Additional renders can be seen here, just scroll down a little.

MRMK Page

Massdrop Drop Tab

Alphas

Essential to every Cherry MX mechanical keyboard, there are three different options to choose from.

Number monolegends are included for a minimal look.

Base Modifiers

For the Apollo colorscheme, there is a regular legends kit and novelty/iconography counterparts to choose from. As for the Ares kits, novelty and iconography are also available. All Base Modifiers include extra 2u SHIFT, extra 2.25u SHIFT and a center stem CAPS LOCK in order to fully cover standard layout 60% or Tenkeyless keyboards, including the XD60 and the Leopold Cherry MX models.

Tsangan Modifiers

Covering both the boring/novelty versions of the Apollo colorscheme, together with the Ares novelty/iconography, these kits are meant to cover non-standard 60%, Tenkeyless, 96% and 100% keyboards. There are appropriate non-standard add-ons to complement different bottom rows and off-center CAPS LOCK mounts. The correspondent Base Modifiers kit and prefered Alphas must be included as well, for complete coverage of a non-standard keyboard.

40s Modifiers

The 40s Modifiers kits are add-on kits for their correspondent Base Modifiers kit. In order to cover 40% keyboard layouts such as the JD40, JD45, Vortex Core, Minorca, MiniVan, Sebright, Quark, Mobik, MechMini and various others, the correspondent Base Kit must be included as well. The Cadet 40s kit include proper legends and together with the Cadet Base virtually any 40% keyboard can be flawlessly covered. For those who don’t mind novelty legends or prefer iconography references, the appropriate kits are available as well on both Apollo and Ares colorschemes.

Ortho Modifiers

Once again, the Ortho Modifiers standalone kits are available to properly cover non-staggered keyboards, such as the Planck and Preonic for example. The appropriate kits are available on both Apollo and Ares colorschemes featuring regular legends, novelty legends and the iconography convention. Unlike Tsangan Modifiers and 40s Modifiers, the Ortho Modifiers kits are standalone kits, which mean they only require Alphas to completely cover a keyboard. No Base Modifiers are required.

Ergo Modifiers

The Ergo Modifiers standalone kits are available to properly cover the ErgoDox and similar standard split keyboards. For non-standard split keyboards the appopriate Space Bars kit must be included as well. Available on both colorschemes, together with boring, novelty and icon legends, the Ergo Modifiers kit only need the desired Alphas to properly cover an ErgoDox.

Calculus

Full size keyboards such as Filco, Razer, Cooler Master and Corsair will benefit from these kits. Standalone number pad users as well. These add-ons are enough to complete a number pad when combined with the desired Alphas kit. Available on both Apollo and Ares colorschemes.

ISO Kit

Appropriately colored ISO keycaps, to complete the UK and Norde layouts.

International Kits

The Solar Alphas variation is available, as these keycaps provide proper coverage for the United Kingdom, Nordic, German and some European mechanical keyboard layouts.

Mono

Simply minimal, this is an add-on kit featuring punctuation symbols so a monolegend look can be achieved. Available as a single kit covering the three Alphas’ variation.

Probe Dishes

Deep dish homing/reference keycaps for both Dvorak/Colemak layouts. F and J are already inlcluded in all three Alphas’ kit.

Enceladus

Appropriately colored F5-F8 keycaps, matching both modifiers’ colorschemes for an alternate look.

Symm Kit

Appropriately colored accents matching both modifiers’ colorschemes for the sole purpose of achieving symmetry.

GodX

The original Godspeed SA novelties, now featuring the logo on both colorschemes. Panic buttons and ROW, PITCH, YAW commands are also included, together with the classic ABORT, MAL and GODSPEED keycaps.

MiTonauts

Hand designed astronaut novelty logos, applied on color coordinated keycaps as a tribute to the Apollo 11 crew and the protagonist character played by Matt Damon on The Martian fictional story/movie.

Milky Way

Hand designed planetary, celestial bodies and space paraphernalia novelty logos, applied on color coordinated keycaps as a tribute to the Solar System and NASA research. There are 13 keycaps – enough to completely cover Esc + Function Row on 75%, Tenkeyless, 96% and 100% keyboards or replace the entire Number Row on 60% keyboards. This kit can also be used as a whole set of modifiers on some mini keyboards. The designs cover the nine planets that orbitate the Solar System, the Sun, the Moon, the Halley’s Comet and the Voyager I probe.

Spacebars

Extra spacebar kits matching the Solar Alphas colorscheme. Depending on the specific layout one of these kits may be required.

FAQ

What typeface will be used for the dyesub process?

The exact one seen on the child kits and renders.

How thick are XDA PBT keycaps?

About 1.3mm thick.

Are the Godspeed XDA PBT and Godspeed SA keycaps interchangeable?

If you don’t mind using keycaps with completely different profiles at the same time, then yes.

Are the colors used on Godspeed XDA PBT the same ones used on Godspeed SA?

No, the colors are different as Godspeed XDA PBT is slightly more subtle/pale.

Merchandise & Comissions

From custom merchandising, sleeves, hand made artisan keycaps to stickers and other keyboard items, if you are interested in contributing with your talents and know-how, or using Godspeed visuals on other products please drop me a message (mito.rmk@gmail.com) – I would love to hear your ideas and help you bring your vision to reality. Perhaps we can work together!

Render Gallery

Show Support

Code: [Select]
[url=https://mitormk.com/gdx/][img]http://i.imgur.com/A3WbjTv.png[/img][/url]
1. Select and copy the code;

2. Go to the "Profile" tab;

3. Press "Forum Profile";

4. Paste the code into the "Signature" box;

5. Press "Save" and you are done!

« Last Edit: Tue, 25 July 2017, 19:05:05 by MiTo »

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: [IC] Godspeed XDA/PBT
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 04:32:02 »
Reserved, sorry for the somewhat lame/confusing formatting. :'(

Offline kamilakas

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 04:32:32 »
I'm interested. What 'bout the price?

Отправлено с моего SM-G930F через Tapatalk

Offline xantiema

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 04:40:52 »
This is quite interesting, and I too wonder about the price point? Hopefully not another MD release...

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 04:44:31 »
Oh wow... Those colorways. Everything looks amazing mito! Love the GodX, MiTonauts and milky way sets! Are you really going to offer all the sets or is there going to be a vote?

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 04:48:16 »
So good! Have you already talked to a manufacturer to clarify if the legends are possible?

Other than that, I love Godspeed in a more subtle tone.

Offline tiltdown

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 04:54:27 »
Interested! Love the mars colony!

Offline ewwgin

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 04:56:05 »
Take my money. Just take them away. Take them all!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rafiki073

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 05:09:00 »
 :eek: :eek: :eek:, once again awesome work, Mito your a legend... Can't wait for this

Offline straypacket

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 05:16:35 »

Fantastic.  I'd be in for Solar Alphas,  Cadet Base and Apollo Base Text.  Although I'd like the option of the full "Moon Landing 1969", as shown in your post.

Offline ALKAHEST

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 05:29:09 »
Amazing, just amazing!
Now I'll have to decide between XDA Melon and XDA Godspeed  :-X

Have you considered 'Mono' style for the number row?
"Doesn't look like anything to me."

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 05:33:17 »
Your commitments to your sets you are putting out are unbelievable! :thumb:

And awesome your following up on XDA, I have milestone in stock and it works very nice!

Any change of a extra norde kit in ANY of the other colors? it wouldn't hurt nobody if we try? :-* 

The base alpha color of the alphas is it grey or the yellowish?

will this hit MD?

I am almost peeing my pants for LASER now  :))

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 05:39:58 by pon10 »

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 05:41:34 »
How long till this drops? Thinking of not going in for nautilus for this instead.... I always wanted Godspeed, Pulse or Modern Selectric...
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 06:14:51 by flyingalbatross1 »

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 06:08:04 »
well, the ARES is something I can get behind... I'm in :)

gooooo MARS

Offline pon10

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 06:17:17 »
well, the ARES is something I can get behind... I'm in :)

gooooo MARS

Very Soon!! maybe before we have the caps on, hah

https://futurism.com/elon-musk-just-shared-an-update-on-spacexs-upcoming-manned-mars-mission/

Can we have a DRAGON accent kit? ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 06:18:57 by pon10 »

Offline SynkRz

• I like caps
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 06:45:04 »
These look amazing! Hyped for both GMK Laser and XDA Godspeed. Which one will be available first?

Offline rioc

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 06:47:52 »
These look amazing! Hyped for both GMK Laser and XDA Godspeed. Which one will be available first?

most likely laser... should be in GB phase some time in Q3 this year

Offline clee290

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 07:40:28 »
Is that Spacebar kit photo correct? The photo is labeled as Blank and I know XDA has a ton of space bar molds.

Offline bciamny

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 08:23:08 »
i am going to buy soooo many of these kits. this is going to be like carbon again for me. so excited and thanks for the great new ideas on this profile run of godspeed mito!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 08:31:18 »
Yeeeeeeeeeeee

Offline bciamny

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 08:40:50 »
hmm as i think about this, any chance for an alpha set with a dark cap color? solar, lunar, and supernova are great but something like blackhole or something could be cool.

Offline ns90

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 09:04:15 »
I'm in. I loved the colors of Godspeed, but don't like SA, so this is just a no brainer.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 09:09:22 »
Quick request - render with Ares and Supernova alphas rather than solar, please.

Offline rioc

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 09:12:14 »
Quick request - render with Ares and Supernova alphas rather than solar, please.

same here... just wanna drool over what I'll eventually order ;)

will be my third Orange & White set :)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 09:23:50 »
Luna alphas (light blue) with Ares icon mods (orange)... the dream.  I was actually going to order some DSA sublimated caps in this colorway.

I feel like I'm starving at a really good restaurant and everyone on the menu looks delicious.  The problem is, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CHOOSE.  I know whatever I get will be good, but I wish I could have it all!

Offline endjinn

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 09:42:29 »
+1 for interest check - hopefully there's some time to recharge my wallet.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 09:44:55 »
+1 for interest check - hopefully there's some time to recharge my wallet.

How's 12 days sound?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 09:48:40 »
I'm in.

Offline lovetree

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 10:02:56 »
RIP wallet....

Offline jcook793

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 10:04:09 »
I may have to buy more keyboards because I love all these sets!

Offline TheOtherDave

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 10:24:37 »
Celebrating 48 years since the lunar touchdown, I'd like to check if there's interest in this project and what do you think about the kits selection.

Take a look and let me know what you think!

Ergo Modifiers

Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

The Ergo Modifiers standalone kits are available to properly cover the ErgoDox and similar standard split keyboards. For non-standard split keyboards the appopriate Space Bars kit must be included as well. Available on both colorschemes, together with boring, novelty and icon legends, the Ergo Modifiers kit only need the desired Alphas to properly cover an ErgoDox.
What are the chances of getting a 1x1.5u "1" key in the ergodox kit? (I mean the regular version, not the mono version, without a "!"... I just don't know of a way to stack "!" on top of "1" in text here)

GodX

Show Image

The original Godspeed SA novelties, now featuring the logo on both colorschemes. Panic buttons and ROW, PITCH, YAW commands are also included, together with the classic ABORT, MAL and GODSPEED keycaps.

Are those supposed to say "ROW"? I thought it was "ROLL"...

Also, any chance of a "RIP Jeb" key?

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 10:27:31 »
A very interesting set indeed! Personally the original colours of Godspeed SA didn't speak to me and the colour combinations in your current renders also do not jump out to me as well.

This combination might change my mind though. Please have it when you can.

I'm not big on the big & centered legend (Canvas Alpha is what I love <3), the icon mods look awesome just as when you introduced them with Canvas. Novelties are fantastic, you knocked it out of the park again. Love Milky Way, love MiTonauts!

One question: any chance the Solar colour here matches the beige of Canvas? If the colour combinations do not work out for me at least I want to know if I can mix the Solar Milky Way kit with my Canvas set and some MiTonauts to boot! Cheers!

Offline SteezeTrain

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 10:38:18 »
I imagine the ares set will look very good in XDA. I love the choices of icon mods as well. Very well put together set, my man.

+1 Interest

Offline Auk

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 11:02:30 »
International Kits...
...The Solar Alphas variation is available...

No pretty blue Lunar and Supernova for Europe?  It's dyed PBT in a uniform profile, so is it really impossible to offer a choice?

Looking at the XDA Canvas child kit prices, if some concession has to be made to logistics the UK pack could probably be a $15 kit with all three colors vs $10 for the single color. Norde is more troublesome, and would have to be single color packs for price. What is the MOQ for an XDA child kit?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 11:11:25 »
Big fan of those Ares mods as well.

Offline caligo

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 11:16:11 »
Really like the look of this set – especially the Ares variety. Slightly bummed that there are only novelty text mods for the Ares set, but a man can't have everything I guess…

A few thoughts:

1) The Mitonauts are lovely, but I think there ought to be a red one as well – Mark Watney is the obvious choice for escape key (after all, it's what he does) when using the Ares mods, but it would be nice to have a contrasting color rather than the same orange as the rest of the mods.

2)  Perhaps this is mostly due to price, but the Tsangan kit really feels like overkill for something like a Whitefox or other 65 % boards. I guess it's not really a problem if the price isn't that outrageous, but it would be nice to have a proper 65 % kit.

3) Not sure what I think of the cold Supernova white being used as accent color in the Ares set, rather than the light yellow. In general, mixing warm and cold whites often looks somewhat off to me. But I haven't seen the actual color samples, it's hard to judge just based of a rendering. 

[edit: wrote mods instead of alphas, I'm too tired today]
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 12:07:25 by caligo »

Offline TheOtherDave

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 11:48:12 »
Really like the look of this set – especially the Ares variety. Slightly bummed that there are only novelty text mods for the Ares set, but a man can't have everything I guess…

A few thoughts:

1) The Mitonauts are lovely, but I think there ought to be a red one as well – Mark Watney is the obvious choice for escape key (after all, it's what he does) when using the Ares mods, but it would be nice to have a contrasting color rather than the same orange as the rest of the alphas.

2)  Perhaps this is mostly due to price, but the Tsangan kit really feels like overkill for something like a Whitefox or other 65 % boards. I guess it's not really a problem if the price isn't that outrageous, but it would be nice to have a proper 65 % kit.

3) Not sure what I think of the cold Supernova white being used as accent color in the Ares set, rather than the light yellow. In general, mixing warm and cold whites often looks somewhat off to me. But I haven't seen the actual color samples, it's hard to judge just based of a rendering.

I'm thinking (hoping, really) that the prices will be lower than with SA kits since these are dye-subbed instead of double-shot.

Offline Auk

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 11:51:22 »
XDA Canvas on Massdrop will give you some indication of price per kit.

Offline AuDiTH

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 11:59:09 »
Interested! Love the new Martian theme :D
SSK | AEK64 | TX-CP | HHKB | Acrylic Pearl | Duck Orion V3 | LZ MP | Kyuu Sakura
Currently joined GBs:
GMK British Racing Green
GMK ThinkCaps
SA 8010

Offline Muiju

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 13:37:42 »
Those supernovas! I'm very interestedd
its yo girl

LZ CLSm | mech27v2 | DC60 | E7-V1 |  x1.1

lubed filmed Tealios <3

Offline AlphaOrionis42

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 13:46:25 »
Man those look good. Color me interested.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 13:47:58 »

A few thoughts:

1) The Mitonauts are lovely, but I think there ought to be a red one as well – Mark Watney is the obvious choice for escape key (after all, it's what he does) when using the Ares mods, but it would be nice to have a contrasting color rather than the same orange as the rest of the mods.

[edit: wrote mods instead of alphas, I'm too tired today]

I think the white accents are along the theme of "The Martian"  Lots of white accents in the astronaut suit along with the off-white and orange
173794-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 13:55:24 by reececonrad »

Offline Harms

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 14:14:23 »
Just wanted to make sure. That one row in the 40S kit are 1.75U keys correct?

Offline caligo

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 14:25:08 »
I think the white accents are along the theme of "The Martian"  Lots of white accents in the astronaut suit along with the off-white and orange
(Attachment Link)

I'm sure that's the idea, and I don't object to that concept. The reason I was asking is that on my monitor, the 'Supernova' white comes off as somewhat cool. Next to a warm off-white, that looks slightly off to me. But I haven't seen the color samples in person, so it's hard for me to say something definitive about it. These differences can be really subtle – a neutral, 'pure' white would probably work just fine, and maybe that's what it looks like in real life. But it would be nice to see a photo of some color samples next to a white reference surface.  :)

Also, it's hard to say anything about the actual suit used in the Martian without having seen it in person, as most scenes in that film are given a warm tint because, well, Mars. ;)

Offline ctrl

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 16:10:09 »
So much yes I feel like crying. T_T +1

(Big space/NASA fan here so hopefully this just brought me closer to endgame.)

Would there be a possibility for LED-windowed lock keys as well?

Offline Traveler

[IC] Godspeed XDA/PBT
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 17:20:53 »
So tempting. I certainly don't need another keyset, but I've wanted to try XDA and this would be a beautiful way to do so. Curious, how is the quality on PBT + dyesub caps? I bought a PBT + dyesub keyset (Elvish by DoYu Studio), and the quality left a bit to be desired. Is that just typical of this combination or does quality vary greatly by manufacturer.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 17:27:16 by Traveler »

Offline colbs

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 18:11:23 »
So tempting. I certainly don't need another keyset, but I've wanted to try XDA and this would be a beautiful way to do so. Curious, how is the quality on PBT + dyesub caps? I bought a PBT + dyesub keyset (Elvish by DoYu Studio), and the quality left a bit to be desired. Is that just typical of this combination or does quality vary greatly by manufacturer.

I also got the SA elvish, and...those were really bad.  Many dyesub pbt caps look great; enjoypbt and signature plastics have WAY crisper and more consistent legends than the elvish set, and the XDA canvas samples Mito posted look good as well (which bodes well for XDA godspeed).  Basically, don't assume the SA elvish are typical for dyesub pbt, that is actually one of the worst cases I have seen.

EDIT: more on topic of the interest check, I love the set and will definitely buy a few kits :P

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 18:18:16 »

I got a ton of XDA Milestone kits and they are all flawless. Their dye-sub job is as good if not better than SP's.

Offline keybai

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 19:12:35 »
You know you can count me in.  Godspeed in SA called to mind old NASA terminals, which was awesone.  In XDA, with these new colors, I think it's got a very retro space age vibe that, with the right case will fit quite nicely into a mid century modern workspace.  Really looking forward to this set!

Offline Shados

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 21:41:27 »
OK, I'm pretty interested in both sets of icon mods + solar alphas + monolegend numerals for mixing & matching with my existing horde of XDA and DSA keys. Very flexible colour selections :).

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 22:13:40 »
Cruising by real quick, updated OP with the appropriate renders of the GodX and U.K. Kit, which ended up with wrong legends somehow - I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm reading all the suggestions and will address to the tangible ones as a follow up. Keep them coming as all sorts of feedback are appreciated. Thank you very much for the support and enthusiasm, I hope you enjoy the kits distribution, twin schemes and what's coming next!

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 23:08:51 »

:D :D :D :D :D

Edit: Might even be able to get Max's color scheme mixing Lunar and Supernova. Hmm... The blue might be too washed out though, hard to tell with the renders. May be not without some black keys  :(
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 July 2017, 23:16:32 by Skull_Angel »

Offline rioc

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 01:08:44 »
Show Image

:D :D :D :D :D

Edit: Might even be able to get Max's color scheme mixing Lunar and Supernova. Hmm... The blue might be too washed out though, hard to tell with the renders. May be not without some black keys  :(

Damn, you're right... this'll look great next to either of my Skull Squadron keysets :)

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 03:29:45 »
Will the prices for each kit be more or less the same as the canvass XDA sets? I'd like to know how much i'm going to have to save for this :D

Offline mypainishurt

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 08:19:10 »
Definitely interested. Is there a newsletter I can follow that informs when the group buy begins?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline nitrobackflip

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 09:43:42 »
Damnit, in. In for at least Alphas, base, Tsangan, Calc, GodX, Milky Way and MiTonauts... just take my wallet, social security number, home address, birth certificate...

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 10:24:07 »
I'm definitely in.  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 10:56:31 »
Why do 40s kits require the base kit also? Seems like the 40s kits are only short a couple of keys while the base kits have WAY more keys than the 40s could use.

Offline richard912

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 11:02:50 »
Oh my! These look so lovely. Am leaning towards Ares. In the meantime, my wallet is shuddering.....

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 12:44:19 »
Why do 40s kits require the base kit also?

Because a standalone 40s kit would require about 58~62 keycaps and 78% of these keycaps would be wasted when covering a 40% since the models considered to conceive such kit feature, on average, 14 modifier keycaps. With the current logic you'll be able to not only use the included keycaps much more efficiently, but you'll be in the same boat as Base Modifier customers - who normally order in big volumes. Big volumes translate in cheaper prices for everyone in the buy. The mini add-on inclusion is the cheaper route in this specific situation.

Seems like the 40s kits are only short a couple of keys while the base kits have WAY more keys than the 40s could use.

Only short a couple of keys if you consider a specific 40% layout. But bear in mind this kit is universal, aimed to cover peculiarities of each 40% keyboard. The current distribution is very efficient and will be considerably affordable.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 13:39:47 »
awesome keycaps

Offline bciamny

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 13:53:01 »
i'm probably not understanding something but should there be a f5-f8 in the supernova colorway for the enceladus kit?

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 15:01:57 »
+1 for some darker, Blackhole kit.
Just remember Space Odyssey 2001 or more recent Interstellar.

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 21:26:26 »
Down to go to Mars  :thumb: Nice set! Kits are looking good, and I really like the Ergo Icons kit.
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 22:20:10 »

Offline goodeyesniper85

• clickityclack
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 21 July 2017, 22:26:32 »
shut up and take all my monies. curse the day I found this hobby/sickness.

Offline Pendylan

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 00:35:55 »
Definitely interested, I'll be buying as many sets as I can afford once the drop is live! Will look great on the Moon Keyboard!

Offline joedevivo

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 08:44:32 »
These look fantastic!

I love the SA Godspeed, and I'd be in for all of these dope Ergodox variations. The one thing I'd suggest is that aside from the "Launch" key in the SA set, there's not a lot that's particularly Spacy about the Ergodox mods. The Apollo/Ares Text Ergo already do a great job towards that, but if you could add a couple of 1.5u logo caps for the inside columns (so, meant to be put on vertically) that would be amazing! Maybe bring back the yellow launch key for Ergodox as well, and a 2u yellow Godspeed for Ergodox.

Great job on these, you'll be getting my monies whether you add any of these or not :D

Offline cbalcom03

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 10:37:49 »
I am all in on this and have been making it a point to show support here, Reddit, and Massdrop.  Let’s make this happen!

Offline Juk

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 18:12:10 »
Sweet lord MiTo, I somehow like all your kits.

+1 on the IC.

I am contemplating this kit for a future weird DIY keyboard design I am working on. If I am not mistaken, there is no MOQ on XDA due to dye sublimation? If that is the case maybe it could be possible to do a south-european kit?

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 21:52:44 »
Any pricing estimates at this point? Will the icon modifiers cost extra? Is pricing on a per-key basis?

Offline jihadu

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 05:00:18 »
Any pricing estimates at this point? Will the icon modifiers cost extra? Is pricing on a per-key basis?
Pricing should be on the same level as SA Carbon's more recent drop. Icon mods should be in the same price bracket as text mods. But given the popularity of the text mods on the original SA Godspeed drop, more than likely there will be more text mods made than icon mods

Enviado do meu SM-A520F através de Tapatalk

Offline pon10

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 07:43:40 »
Pricing should be on the same level as SA Carbon's more recent drop. Icon mods should be in the same price bracket as text mods. But given the popularity of the text mods on the original SA Godspeed drop, more than likely there will be more text mods made than icon mods

That sounds not right, this is a different manufacture. The last XDA GB`s has been on a lower pricepoint then SP`s SA sets. Maybe look into the last XDA drop. but properly a little more $ since this set has more color choices etc.

Offline jihadu

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 07:55:50 »

That sounds not right, this is a different manufacture. The last XDA GB`s has been on a lower pricepoint then SP`s SA sets. Maybe look into the last XDA drop. but properly a little more $ since this set has more color choices etc.
Wasn't the last drop MiTo's XDA Canvas ?
I went to see the price points on keyclack for jchan's  XDA GB and they were significantly cheaper than SP SA. It seems I am fake news *commits sepukku*

Offline AgilePJ

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 10:51:01 »
Very very interested...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Auk

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 11:07:38 »
...last drop MiTo's XDA Canvas ?... ... significantly cheaper than SP SA.

Yes on Canvas, I posted the link once above: XDA Canvas on Massdrop

Not XDA, but MT3 /dev/tty is dye sub PBT in high profile, so it has some use n comparing child kit prices, though it likely wouldn't be as accurate as Canvas as an indicator of what to expect: MT3 /dev/tty

Offline playtech1

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 13:03:53 »
A couple of thoughts:

1. Any chance of getting all three Alpha Colourways on the UK kit?

2. I love mono legends - for ISO though it will need three extra keys: an extra # and `, as well as a 1U \ key (which I see is included with the Calculus kit, but that seems overkill).  If ISO is going to only be in one Alpha colourway, then that's just 3 extra keys on that one.

Looks great!

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 14:06:13 »
I am definitely in for both Apollo and Ares versions of all the kits.  The original Godspeed was what really got me interested in custom kits but I didn't like the SA profile.

However, this is exactly what I having been looking for!

Mito, Is there any chance you will release the Godspeed colorway in GMK in the future as well?
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 16:54:02 »

Offline jihadu

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:28:44 »
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-mito-xda-godspeed-custom-keycap-set

Argh! Give me a break!
It's too soon.  God damnit MiTo!
My wallet is still hurting from GMK Yuri! Damn you and your awesome keycaps.

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:42:08 »
Damn, way too soon. I'll pass in favor of Lazer.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:50:16 »
Thankfully I don't really like Lazer.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Offline rioc

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 01:39:12 »

same... my teets are empty, no more milking left to do.

give it some time mito, we wan't laser and this, but can't afford both at the same time

just dropped a serious dump of ca$h on the moon
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 July 2017, 04:03:08 by rioc »

Offline rehael

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 03:27:54 »
MiTo, can you give approximate timing for GMK Laser? Because I won't be able to afford both XDA Godspeed and GMK Laser if they are close to each other in drop time – and I think several of us here are in similar situation… For me personally dropping cash at these would require serious spending planning if I would like to have both (and I would!).

Offline pon10

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 15:22:54 »
This set is full of features but maybe a little late to start the IC when the kits is locked.. :p

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 18:57:45 »
This set is full of features but maybe a little late to start the IC when the kits is locked.. :p

Kits aren't locked, I'm compiling a list of tweaks and changes based on the feedback that is being provided both here and the Massdrop Drop Tab. For example, people requested the Apollo Text Ergo vertical 2u keycap to be legended as LAUNCH instead of ENTER, and other tweaks are being implemented before the drop actually begins. Ortho 1u DEL + 1u SHIFT, UK in Supernova/Lunar schemes a red astronaut icon, convex spacebars, etc. I must ponder on what's doable and what's not, I'm always working behind the scenes. I'm paying very close attention to all threads and the great feedback our community have been providing lately, kinda hard to answer to every single post but I hope you understand. I encourage you to keep sharing your great ideas and other feedback (everyone, actually) because I listen (read) everything!

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 19:28:46 »
Are any of the smaller spacebars convex? I'm hoping at least the Ortho kit has convex spacebars.

Also, I recognize interest in this may be slim, but I would love it if there were a yellow 2u Godspeed keycap in one of the Ortho/GodX/etc kits. The yellow Godspeed enter is my favorite thing about this set and it saddens me that it can't be used on ortholinear keyboards.

Offline TheOtherDave

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 05:04:47 »
I must ponder on what's doable and what's not, I'm always working behind the scenes. I'm paying very close attention to all threads and the great feedback our community have been providing lately, kinda hard to answer to every single post but I hope you understand. I encourage you to keep sharing your great ideas and other feedback (everyone, actually) because I listen (read) everything!
Is there any way to get some "XDA Tall" keycaps? I'm not sure they exist, but they'd be great for top row of the thumb cluster and lower inner 1.5x1u vertical keys on an ergodox. To make it easier to hit those keys with your thumb without accidentally pressing the keys below them as well.

Offline Broadwell

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 07:27:40 »
Would love a mono number row!

Offline Auk

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 07:35:15 »
Would love a mono number row!

Use the numpad keys? although it would mean buying two alpha kits if you want full size, so perhaps not ideal...

I guess actually you could take the numpad keys out of the alpha pack and put them in the calculus kit, then offer the mono num row as part of the mono kit, but that has its' own downside - maybe not so easy to get different accent colors?
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 July 2017, 14:34:07 by Auk »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 08:40:08 »
1.25u blank in solar alpha color please. 1.25u for use with a split spacebar is becoming pretty popular with multiple PCBs supporting such a layout.
keyboards.

Offline pon10

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 14:26:23 »

Kits aren't locked, I'm compiling a list of tweaks and changes based on the feedback that is being provided both here and the Massdrop Drop Tab. For example, people requested the Apollo Text Ergo vertical 2u keycap to be legended as LAUNCH instead of ENTER, and other tweaks are being implemented before the drop actually begins. Ortho 1u DEL + 1u SHIFT, UK in Supernova/Lunar schemes a red astronaut icon, convex spacebars, etc. I must ponder on what's doable and what's not, I'm always working behind the scenes. I'm paying very close attention to all threads and the great feedback our community have been providing lately, kinda hard to answer to every single post but I hope you understand. I encourage you to keep sharing your great ideas and other feedback (everyone, actually) because I listen (read) everything!

Cool man, good to know! thanks. :thumb: A NORDE kit in cadet blue would not hurt nobody and be able to add more kits to a overall set if you a sitting in the nordic part. ;) Looking forward to pick a set up!

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 19:28:36 »
Drop is live, locking the thread. Thanks for all the feedback, some kits were fine tuned and lots of adjustments were made (40s, etc).

Link!