Author Topic: LightSaver V2 Group Buy  (Read 373624 times)

Offline gadzkun

Re: LightSaver V2 Group Buy
« Reply #1150 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 02:29:38 »
Is there any news on when v3 will arrive? Realised I´m gonna need like three so need to save some dough.

LSv3 will be the next GB after the Octagon v2 is finished. However that is most likely near the end of the year the the LSv3 GB will start and won't arrive at your doorsteps until 2017.

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #1151 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 04:00:31 »
Thanks for information.Hopefully it will start in summer.It's hard to find someone sell their lightsaver :(

I believe bianco is trying to sell his, not sure if he'll want to do international shipping tho.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1152 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 14:19:00 »
Sorry to be keeping this thread alive but are all the plates for the LSv2 steel?

Both plate options for me came in steel and now I can't decide as to whether I should use Vintage Blacks for this board or put 62g Vintage Blues like I had originally planned. I hate seeing the kit just sitting there asking to be built.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1153 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 14:19:40 »
Sorry to be keeping this thread alive but are all the plates for the LSv2 steel?

Both plate options for me came in steel and now I can't decide as to whether I should use Vintage Blacks for this board or put 62g Vintage Blues like I had originally planned. I hate seeing the kit just sitting there asking to be built.

Both of mine are steel as well so I assume so... I don't think I've seen an alu plated lightsaver 2
I love Elzy

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1154 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 14:20:28 »

Both of mine are steel as well so I assume so... I don't think I've seen an alu plated lightsaver 2

Thanks for the info, may I ask what switches you ended up putting in your LSv2? :thumb:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1155 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 14:23:05 »

Thanks for the info, may I ask what switches you ended up putting in your LSv2? :thumb:

regular blues :) feels great. not very loud with thick pbt as well but really sparked me love for blues again
I love Elzy

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1156 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 14:25:27 »

regular blues :) feels great. not very loud with thick pbt as well but really sparked me love for blues again

Awesome, thank you so much. The reason why I opted for Vintage Blues is because I had them in my RS96 and they felt so much better compared to the new blues in my Pok3r, it may all just be in made but I feel like I caught the vintage bug. I miss my RS96 because of the switches in them but I just never used the board all that much, hopefully I can bring back the memories with the LSv2. :p

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #1157 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 22:15:03 »

I used lubed and stickered vintage Blacks, and it works excellently in the keyboard. I presorted my Blacks for "Big Logo" only switches as well for a more uniform look.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1158 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 22:27:19 »

I used lubed and stickered vintage Blacks, and it works excellently in the keyboard. I presorted my Blacks for "Big Logo" only switches as well for a more uniform look.

I was thinking of going with some vintage blacks but I'll have two boards already with blacks after I build my latest addition. Still haven't found any good switches for the board yet, I'm still thinking some decent vintage blues would be nice or just settling for the Gateron ones.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #1159 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 22:32:25 »

I was thinking of going with some vintage blacks but I'll have two boards already with blacks after I build my latest addition. Still haven't found any good switches for the board yet, I'm still thinking some decent vintage blues would be nice or just settling for the Gateron ones.
"settling"

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1160 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 22:37:24 »

I wouldn't settle, gl yo
I love Elzy

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1161 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 22:42:10 »

"settling"

Was that a poor choice of wording? To settle for the lesser of the two. I r confuzed

More

I wouldn't settle, gl yo

Thanks, I hate leaving an unbuilt board around. The search continues, 62g vintage blues were my favorite for typing.

Offline cmd

« Reply #1162 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 16:52:52 »
Hi all, recently got my hands on a LSv2. Would anyone mind helping me with the size of the fixing bolts? Want to build this relatively soon!  ;D

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #1163 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 17:03:30 »
Hi all, recently got my hands on a LSv2. Would anyone mind helping me with the size of the fixing bolts? Want to build this relatively soon!  ;D

m2 iirc. I think on the info page m3 but i think its wrong.
edit nvm.

"Screws: the 10 little screws you need to attach the plate to the case are size M2 in Torx T6 with a 0.4mm pitch (called "coarse" or "normal") and 5mm length."

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline cmd

« Reply #1164 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 17:16:26 »

m2 iirc. I think on the info page m3 but i think its wrong.
edit nvm.

"Screws: the 10 little screws you need to attach the plate to the case are size M2 in Torx T6 with a 0.4mm pitch (called "coarse" or "normal") and 5mm length."

If I could give you gold, I would. I may be blind, I just went through every page, swear :-X. Once again, thank you thank you!

----> Lol, it was on another thread. I see what you mean now! Nonetheless, you are the bomb.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 April 2016, 17:18:34 by cmd »

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #1165 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 06:47:40 »
Is this layout not a possibility with lightsaver?:

1,5x1x1,5x6x1,5x1,5x1x1x ?  That is 6x spacebar.
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #1166 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 14:41:43 »
Is there any news on when v3 will arrive? Realised I´m gonna need like three so need to save some dough.

LSv3 will be the next GB after the Octagon v2 is finished. However that is most likely near the end of the year the the LSv3 GB will start and won't arrive at your doorsteps until 2017.

Show Image

If this opens up this year, I would love to get in on it.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #1167 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 18:42:48 »
Fairly certain the next GB is Viper and Eagle after Blackbird is finished since they already are thoroughly into the process in Korea (I believe). If it follows others logic, after Eagle/Viper would be Octagon V2 then Lightsaver V3, though I'm sure this is anything from a certainty. Anyways, the wait is real.

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #1168 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 02:15:48 »
Guys,first renders of LSV 3 on Duck's blog.Cheer  :thumb: :thumb:

« Last Edit: Mon, 19 December 2016, 02:19:18 by mrboovn »
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #1169 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 02:22:29 »
Wow, just wow.

Offline Otesanek

« Reply #1170 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 02:28:18 »
O.O that looks awesome

Offline ticktwo

• -kbdfan
« Reply #1171 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 02:42:49 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

AWESOME!!!
HHKB | Leopold FC750R | Mech27 (soon) | TX-75 (soon)

Offline gandroider

« Reply #1172 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 03:17:49 »
Any estimation on MSRP for the LSV3?

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #1173 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 09:36:51 »
Any estimation on MSRP for the LSV3?

I'd guess around $360, price for Blackbird. + shipping + PP fees

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #1174 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 09:40:19 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

SO in...... ;D
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #1175 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 12:38:35 »
And ... I guess the day will be for Korean GB.
I was wrong
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 December 2016, 13:04:30 by mrboovn »
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB

Offline ceflame

« Reply #1176 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 13:03:40 »
Show Image

Lol that's the GMK Terminal start date with a Kira96 render.

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #1177 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 13:05:02 »
Show Image

Lol that's the GMK Terminal start date with a Kira96 render.
Lol thanks ,saw it on Korean forum and GG translate sucks  :p :p :p

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #1178 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 00:42:41 »
I'm in as well - if I can make sure to place an order in time!

Offline hanoipho

« Reply #1179 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 07:55:07 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #1180 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 11:04:06 »

Proto received by duck, get hype

http://duck0113.tistory.com/149
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline Jedi

« Reply #1181 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 15:47:16 »

Offline yookwh

« Reply #1182 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 18:37:25 »
Yup, definitely going to try my best to get into this. Do we know the date of the Korean GB, and usually when that translates to when everyone else can jump in?

Offline ticktwo

• -kbdfan
« Reply #1183 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:09:50 »
Show Image

:eek: :eek:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HHKB | Leopold FC750R | Mech27 (soon) | TX-75 (soon)

Offline jenggo

« Reply #1184 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 19:40:51 »
Show Image

:eek: :eek:

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brruuuusssshhhhh....
Filcos | JD40 | Planck | FJELL | Jetfire | Weaven | GON 60 | BWU | DasKeyboard | PokerII | Strafe | Octagon v2 | TX 1800 | TXCP | Realforce 104UB | KMAC 1 | TXPad | DC60 | Ergos

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #1185 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 20:22:26 »
Yup, definitely going to try my best to get into this. Do we know the date of the Korean GB, and usually when that translates to when everyone else can jump in?

Elton said first round of Viper/Eagle V2 boards will ship in early Feb. (30 units) with the next shipment happening a month afterwards (or so). If the next group is 30 units, then there will probably be two more waves of boards after the initial 30 being shipped. The Viper/Eagle GB start a month (little less?) after the Blackbird GB finished. So, 2-4 months? Not tomorrow I'd think, though things can always change.

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #1186 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 21:50:02 »
I'm excited!!

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1187 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 02:58:34 »
I sure hope this buy lasts more than a few hours by surprise like the viper/eagle one did.  :p :rolleyes:
-Dana

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #1188 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 20:10:50 »
Is there any more info on when the lightsaver v3 buy is happening?

Offline thanhnv244

« Reply #1189 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 19:58:55 »
Duck latest post
black sample, GB start soon
http://duck0113.tistory.com/150

Offline Jedi

« Reply #1190 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 22:13:55 »
^ Yes Yes Yes

Offline airs

« Reply #1191 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 22:25:42 »
2017 First G.B
soon
Geekhack
This is last design.

Hope that doesn't mean LSV3 is the last board he will be making?!
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline yookwh

« Reply #1192 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 22:56:40 »
I'd think he means LightSaver, not keyboards in general. 3 revisions is plenty (Perhaps) for him to finally find the design.

Offline clochette

« Reply #1193 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 19:01:35 »
I'd think he means LightSaver, not keyboards in general. 3 revisions is plenty (Perhaps) for him to finally find the design.

2017 First G.B
soon
Geekhack
This is last design.

Hope that doesn't mean LSV3 is the last board he will be making?!

it probably means this is the finalized design
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 February 2017, 19:06:05 by clochette »

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #1194 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 20:33:59 »

it probably means this is the finalized design

I agree. Final design. Excited for this GB to start, it will be my first build.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #1195 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 02:08:59 »
first build... and going with a Duck Kustom? Ballsy.
-Dana

Offline maximm

« Reply #1196 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 03:02:39 »

Go big or go home!

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #1197 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 17:13:39 »

Go big or go home!

i did it with the orion v2  :D

didnt regrett it!
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1198 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 18:23:31 »
Are Duck's group buys usually raffles? Sounds like the viper/eagle was only open for a short window, and I'm wondering what to expect for the LSv3 gb.

This is a board I've been eyeing for awhile, and I'm wondering if I should hold out on getting The Exent and pick this up instead....  :-X

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #1199 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 18:39:00 »
Are Duck's group buys usually raffles? Sounds like the viper/eagle was only open for a short window, and I'm wondering what to expect for the LSv3 gb.

This is a board I've been eyeing for awhile, and I'm wondering if I should hold out on getting The Exent and pick this up instead....  :-X

They've been historically FCFS in the past.