Author Topic: Seeking wiki contributors  (Read 75241 times)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Seeking wiki contributors
« on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 09:53:16 »
volunteer here

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

fartq

Re: Seeking wiki contributors
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 15:45:38 »
basically, while what rknize thread says still applies to open editing, we would also like to give some users authorized access to edit pages outside of the open namespace. if you'd like to be one of those people, volunteer, and we'll contact you with more details :D

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 15:58:23 »
Will reviews be included in the Wiki's?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 18:54:31 »
Can we get a wiki dev/ops channel going or something to discuss changes?

That, or PM me with your gchat/aim username. I have MSN but I am trying to get all my contacts on google or aim.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline 486

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 03 August 2012, 22:04:15 »
I volunteer. I got loads of BS and ALPS stuff to put on the wiki.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 August 2012, 15:53:04 »
Not sure if anyone thought of this, but there is an archive of the old GeekHack site that contains a decent chunk of the old Wiki information. Here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20101102213030/http://geekhack.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34&redirect=no
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Grimey

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 August 2012, 22:09:24 »
Would it be possible to get sections spelled out for us that need work specifically?  If some templates were in place for something I know about I would be more likely to participate.
Erlang your pants off

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 23 August 2012, 12:21:22 »
dorkvader and jesuswasazombie are in charge of this

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 23 August 2012, 14:07:04 »
I wanna be part of the wiki crew.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 23 August 2012, 14:08:13 »
man i know ive been slacking hard on this, i'll try to get some work done on it tonight if i'm not too busy at work.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 13:10:17 »
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring.

As a newb to the community, a lot of the information is new to me and I'd be happy to assist in providing what I'm learning to the Wiki. Examples include: List of Tenkeyless & Compact Keyboards and GeekHack Double-Shots.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 20:50:24 »
I would be available to help out.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 09:17:34 »
account created

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 22:32:54 »
GH buddies,

I don't know how much I can contribute, but I like to redecorate my stuff a lot, and generally have some spare materials around for testing out some customization. Could I get an account to at least document things I've had success (and failures) with?

Thanks! :D
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 07:14:16 »
Could whomever manages the MediaWiki settings allow for the following file types to be uploaded?

.EPS
.AI
.ZIP

I know you guys were hacked in the past, and so you may be somewhat gun shy about a .ZIP file being uploaded, so I could skip that one if needed, but .EPS and .AI files would be nice, especially for artwork projects. You guys might also want to develop a policy on using GH-themed artwork. It could be as simple as saying, "Use the artwork as you see fit, but any developed artwork should be free to use to the community." So, if someone makes GH-artwork that they use to make a hat, they should contribute that artwork back to the wiki.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 07:46:25 »
I do volunteer too.
I do already have some wiki powers ...
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB