Author Topic: IBM key caps  (Read 64701 times)

Offline wcass

IBM key caps
« on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 13:30:25 »
Function keys
24029-0

Arrows
24033-1

Terminal symbols
24035-2

Terminal text
24037-3

Blue legends
24039-4
the tenkey caps with this set have black numbers and blue text/arrows
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 June 2013, 14:30:04 by wcass »

Offline megaxpop

Re: IBM key caps
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 09:39:27 »
it looks so nice after many years! :D

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 21:37:24 »
I have a set of IBM keycaps with CAD symbols front printed that I can photograph if you like. I also have some medical keycaps, but those are from unicomp, so not sure if you want them. One of the "model C" keyboards has F1-F12 front printed on the numberrow, though I don't have it. I have also catalogues two types of the "bottom half" of a keycap and four different variations of relegendable (clear) tops.
Just say what you need and I'll take pictures.

Offline wcass

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 06 July 2013, 21:51:02 »
i think it would be OK to post all "IBM compatible" key caps here; so Unicomp, Signature Plastics, moogles even.

stems, stabilizers, and barrel inserts are part of the cap too, so feel free to post pictures of those. they may be useful references for wiki and forum posts.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 July 2013, 21:53:14 by wcass »

Offline listokei

• ListoKei Blog
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 07:56:10 »
Terminal symbols, Blue legends looks great!!!!  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 23:32:04 »
keep an eye on those F keys. the_ed has been known to kill* for F keys ordinally larger than F12.

*in a non-fatal way

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline wcass

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 20:13:20 »
keep an eye on those F keys. the_ed has been known to kill* for F keys ordinally larger than F12.

*in a non-fatal way

i've been know to give away anything i am not using. and i don't use most F keys and certainly none above F12.
i plan on bringing a box of caps to the KeyCon, so if anyone is looking for a missing cap ...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 13 August 2013, 20:32:45 »

*in a non-fatal way

i've been know to give away anything i am not using. and i don't use most F keys and certainly none above F12.
i plan on bringing a box of caps to the KeyCon, so if anyone is looking for a missing cap ...

I was, but a long way from KeyCon.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ