Author Topic: Keycap Set Color Scheme Archive  (Read 217061 times)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
Re: Keycap Set Color Scheme Archive
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:39:29 »
My previous three posts are what's done so far. First post is the index, second is existing color schemes, and the third post is for proposed (or in process). I think all that remains is Round 4, in more detail, and Graphite, I think.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #151 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 14:42:47 »
Round 3, Round 4, Graphite, and that Blue-Green set that just came out all come to mind I think. Thanks for the help Krog, we'll load this into the OPs soon.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 09:35:56 »
White sanctuary dyesub set

Also round 5 honeycomb sphericals.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 November 2013, 09:46:51 by Moosecraft »
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 22:23:13 »
Sorry it took so long, but the OP is updated.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 14:57:01 »
-updated CalmDepths color scheme with photos. This one could be taken out of the 'proposed' list. I will update it once the set ships and it starts to appear on some keyboards.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 21:14:32 »
Stealth update. I won't tell you what I did.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 06:53:49 »
Stealth update. I won't tell you what I did.

Wut?

I don't see a difference... c'mon don't make me comb through it.  :)
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 08:07:40 »
Added your Calm Depth pictures, changed the SoWaRe picture, added some things into the OP: a warning that there's a ton of pictures (lol) and a link to your work so I don't have to hunt for it every time.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 08:36:55 »
Added your Calm Depth pictures, changed the SoWaRe picture, added some things into the OP: a warning that there's a ton of pictures (lol) and a link to your work so I don't have to hunt for it every time.

Awesomeness. A bunch of GBs are about to come to keyboards soon, so, more pictures to come.  :thumb:
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 08:47:33 »
**** I knew I forgot to do something. Triumph Adler pic went down, stupid Photobucket...Was this the color scheme that was in there?

Picture is from phetto's post.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 10:34:33 »
**** I knew I forgot to do something. Triumph Adler pic went down, stupid Photobucket...Was this the color scheme that was in there?

Show Image

I think the picture we had in place was of the actual TA tyepwriter, so this is an improvement. I will update my own with this new image.
More

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 10:38:01 »
TA usually refers to the blue and light gray scheme, although this is also a TA color scheme. The photo from Ivan was similar to the next photo with the caps on the typewriter, just a close up.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 10:42:08 »
TA usually refers to the blue and light gray scheme, although this is also a TA color scheme. The photo from Ivan was similar to the next photo with the caps on the typewriter, just a close up.

I've updated my working post with that new image, changed the photocredit, and in the notes section referenced the discussion that the blue color show may be faded, and not represent the original color scheme.

I wish we could host these images with GH directly.
More

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #163 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 12:27:17 »
Updated my working posts with new TKL photo of 23 Command, moved it from unproduced to produced and updated the main index.
More

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 04 February 2014, 15:47:45 »
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 07:33:45 »
The Geekhack 60% Nostalgia is OAS and... NN : http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49655.msg1210898#msg1210898

And there are 2 photos in this post: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49655.msg1211490#msg1211490

Updated the GH Nostalgia entry, but I haven't moved it to 'produced' -- not until I get a nice shot of the keycaps on a keyboard -- but it's technically headed for the 'produced' category!  :thumb: Thanks for the update Oobly.
More

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 12:55:23 »

Show Image

More photos here:
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/photo/1779124

This is yellowed light blue that turned to teal.  Originally it was all light blue, from what I've been told--likely N5 for the modifiers and Olivetti blue for the legends (V4)  (Reference: IvanIvanovich).   That teal color does not exist in the GMK color selection, and to imitate it, a custom color would need to be ordered.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 12:57:13 »

Show Image

More photos here:
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/photo/1779124

This is yellowed light blue that turned to teal.  Originally it was all light blue, from what I've been told--likely N5 for the modifiers and Olivetti blue for the legends (V4)  (Reference: IvanIvanovich).   That teal color does not exist in the GMK color selection, and to imitate it, a custom color would need to be ordered.

Wow, look at the bottom of the upside-down teal key in this picture to get a sense of how much it changes:

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 11 February 2014, 09:44:39 »
Updated Cherry Replica Legend groupbuy, which, for some reason I had overlook. (Sorry i3oiler. :()
More

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #169 on: Sat, 15 February 2014, 15:28:41 »
Nostalgia actually uses the Cherry Replica legends. It wasn't gonna originally but the legends finished in time for the GB to switch.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 08:06:48 »
Nostalgia actually uses the Cherry Replica legends. It wasn't gonna originally but the legends finished in time for the GB to switch.

Thanks! I've updated both of my 'working' entries.
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 17 February 2014, 09:00:51 »
Is that a dog in the Cherry Replica picture? It's so fuzzy :)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #172 on: Mon, 31 March 2014, 06:46:11 »
A number of sets need to be added:
Round 5 - Honeywell
Granite Set
Skull Squadron

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #173 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 13:34:01 »
Ouch! This thread made my computer freeze.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 13:38:13 »

Time to upgrade to Windows 2000!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 15:04:42 »

Don't look at some of Halverson's sale threads then :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Riptide

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 01:28:32 »
awesome thread. :D