Author Topic: [GB] Golbat Round 2 (Final Round) - SHIPPING SOON  (Read 30298 times)

Offline tobsn

Re: [GB] Golbat Round 2 (Final Round) - SHIPPING SOON
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 18:55:21 »
I shipped out all the orders that were paid for as of yesterday!

I have 2 left with shipping unpaid but I think they actually messaged me at some point for a quote so I have to go find those.

That be me, you said you will mail once you're in Miami.

Offline Grimspoon

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 19:43:30 »
Did the Canadian orders get sent out though?

Never got confirmation or tracking for mine.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 01:20:45 »
Yea the Canadian orders were included in yesterday's bundle. And that was exactly 1 Canadian order :c

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 10:27:54 »
I tried programming this thing again today so my son could use it, and after installing zadig drives my mouse/bluetooth devices aren't working. Anyone else experience this issue? Why is this such a PITA to program?

Edit: Rolled back the driver and got my mouse working. Of course, flashing the PCB still doesn't work. Is there any way to incorporate this keyboard into something like easykeymap tool that I use for the GH60, or using Flip to flash a .hex? I tried building firmware using http://kb.sized.io/ and then flashing the .hex with Flip (which is how I've done my handwire builds in the past) but that didn't work. Are the Rd 1 flashing instructions still recommended for Rd 2 boards?
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 August 2017, 12:00:04 by ctzn_voyager »

Offline Phinnegan

• I have a new addiction.
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 19:09:32 »
I tried programming this thing again today so my son could use it, and after installing zadig drives my mouse/bluetooth devices aren't working. Anyone else experience this issue? Why is this such a PITA to program?

Edit: Rolled back the driver and got my mouse working. Of course, flashing the PCB still doesn't work. Is there any way to incorporate this keyboard into something like easykeymap tool that I use for the GH60, or using Flip to flash a .hex? I tried building firmware using http://kb.sized.io/ and then flashing the .hex with Flip (which is how I've done my handwire builds in the past) but that didn't work. Are the Rd 1 flashing instructions still recommended for Rd 2 boards?

Once I installed the driver using zadig (after putting the keyboard in reflash mode and selecting the atm32yadda per the instructions, did you do this?  you probably replaced the wrong driver which hosed your usb/bluetooth - make sure you're replacing the driver for the keyboard bootloader (the atm32udfu device), which will only appear with the keyboard in flash mode).

I was able to use https://tkg.io/ (after installing the chrome plugin) by selecting  keyboard->kimera, config->golbatv2, and pasting in maps for each layer from the keyboard layout editor (and finally setting led number 3 to 8 rgb leds per the post above). 

The keyboard (in flash mode) shows up in the burn drop down and flashes directly from the browser.

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 20:07:11 »

Once I installed the driver using zadig (after putting the keyboard in reflash mode and selecting the atm32yadda per the instructions, did you do this?  you probably replaced the wrong driver which hosed your usb/bluetooth - make sure you're replacing the driver for the keyboard bootloader (the atm32udfu device), which will only appear with the keyboard in flash mode).

I was able to use https://tkg.io/ (after installing the chrome plugin) by selecting  keyboard->kimera, config->golbatv2, and pasting in maps for each layer from the keyboard layout editor (and finally setting led number 3 to 8 rgb leds per the post above). 

The keyboard (in flash mode) shows up in the burn drop down and flashes directly from the browser.

Interesting. I'll give it another crack with the link you provided. I've been a little gun shy since my first try. Thanks for the suggestions!

Edit: Tried all that, followed the instructions to the letter, have the driver installed correctly (when I try the set up again it tells me the driver is already installed), the zadig driver is there and installed (it says "reinstall" when I open it now). But the burn button is still greyed out. Additionally, when I drag the eep file to "reflash" I get the set up window prompt that seems to recognize everything correctly, it even seems to flash successfully (at least that's what it says) but nothing works. I know the PCB works and that I built it correctly because when I first built it the default firmware was working.

The only deviation from the instructions are thus: I'm using a more current version of zadig (2.3) and the board is listed as atm32ud4fu.

Edit #2: I'll leave all of the above there in case it can help anyone else, but I've figured out the problem. The USB slot I had the thing plugged into in the front of my computer wasn't recognizing the presses for some reason? I plugged it into one in the back and sure enough it fired right up.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 August 2017, 20:45:01 by ctzn_voyager »

Offline tobsn

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 06:46:48 »
still waiting for that email...

Offline odd

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 20:59:03 »
I have tried everything listed in this thread and i cannot get this thing to flash a working firmware. I can never get bootloader mode to work and can only flash using Flip but again no matter what guide I use, what default firmware I try nothing works. Can anyone help or at least have a updated guide on this piece of junk, thanks.

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 18:00:34 »
I have tried everything listed in this thread and i cannot get this thing to flash a working firmware. I can never get bootloader mode to work and can only flash using Flip but again no matter what guide I use, what default firmware I try nothing works. Can anyone help or at least have a updated guide on this piece of junk, thanks.

I was told by GFW that the method to flash should be exactly the same. I'll see about cleaning up a new guide that works for me.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 18:01:29 »
Thanks GL1TCH3D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #110 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 15:54:38 »
New guide from GFW:

1.kai.tkg.io
2.keyboard>>>kimera
3.Config>>>Golbat v2
4.your keyboard layout
5.download
6.download the toolkit from github(use the last version)

Offline tobsn

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 04:34:03 »
New guide from GFW:

Still waiting for your email or shipping cost ;)

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 23:01:52 »
Heya! I've been super busy but got Thursday and Friday off so I'm going to cleanup stuff then.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 04:10:31 »
aw how did I miss this

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 28 July 2018, 10:05:00 »
aw how did I miss this

because it was like a year ago
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90