Author Topic: [Order closed] KBC Poker 2 (updated 5-16)  (Read 52019 times)

Offline rofle

Re: [Order closed] KBC Poker 2 (updated 5-16)
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 10:53:14 »
Anyone else in UK not had shipping info yet?

Offline ShivaYash

« Reply #201 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 12:04:26 »
Anyone else in UK not had shipping info yet?

I got mine yesterday. The item is in Surrey. Hope it will be delivered tomorrow.
IBM Model M SSK, HHKB Pro 2 BT and Realforce 104U HiPro

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #202 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 13:31:40 »
It's funny to read all the hate on the DT site. Some of us can't afford a $300-400 hhk "topre" blah blah.

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 14:58:32 »
To those who have received theirs, did your flytexpress tracking ever make it past  "sorting center"?
I'm hoping it just magically appears tomorrow.

Offline ShivaYash

« Reply #204 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 15:06:58 »
Just had another look at my tracking number and can now see its in Central London, so fully expect it to arrive tomorrow.
Will let you know once it does.

Offline Q404

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 16:17:36 »
To those who have received theirs, did your flytexpress tracking ever make it past  "sorting center"?
Flytexpress didnt said anything besides sorting for me.
Today it was here. So yeah it magically appeared for me :D

Offline therecorder

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 16:25:03 »
I received my Poker today, and it still states that it is at the "Sorting Center".

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 17:04:26 »
got mine today, thank you very much.

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #208 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 02:23:01 »
Sorry about the Flytexpress tracking problem, they are working on it, some shows tracking some won't, it is a teach issue after they switched to new website.

Plus, I received few notices that some about unsuccessful delivery. It is common since they a require signature on delivery, so I will send out FedEx tracking number to your PayPal email and you can arrange delivery. Rearrange is usually free but they might charge additional fee for later or weekend delivery or so, just make sure you ask before you arrange it. 
Look for Keyboard? Check my offers. I have most major keyboard and some caps for you, if you don\'t see it there, ask me. I am Top rated seller on eBay now, and have retail store in China selling keyboard and other gaming staffs.

My eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/E-sports-Gaming-equipments?_rdc=1

My store(lower price than eBay): http://www.keyboardwow.com

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 04:15:34 »
Sorry about the Flytexpress tracking problem, they are working on it...

That's not your fault!

No, tracking stuck at sorting center my Poker II came yesterday :) awesome board...

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #210 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 06:19:21 »
My doorbell just rang and a Poker II was handed to me. Loving the size of this thing but it's gonna take some time getting used to not having dedicated arrow keys.
My first board with browns, not sure how I feel about them yet. Only used blacks before and I really like those. One thing I'm not liking is that the case is not sitting perfectly level
on my desk, it woobles slightly. Not sure if its because the case itself is warped or if the rubber strips underneath are uneven.

All in all I'm quite excited about my first 60% board, shipping was lightning fast and I did not get f'ed by customs.
Thanks Qtan!

Offline developej

« Reply #211 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 07:33:09 »
just apply torsion to the case to level it nicely, but don't break the keyboard :D apply low force

Offline therecorder

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 07:48:27 »
My doorbell just rang and a Poker II was handed to me. Loving the size of this thing but it's gonna take some time getting used to not having dedicated arrow keys.
My first board with browns, not sure how I feel about them yet. Only used blacks before and I really like those. One thing I'm not liking is that the case is not sitting perfectly level
on my desk, it woobles slightly. Not sure if its because the case itself is warped or if the rubber strips underneath are uneven.

All in all I'm quite excited about my first 60% board, shipping was lightning fast and I did not get f'ed by customs.
Thanks Qtan!

Look at the guide that you linked me to...  If you use the arrow keys a lot, and can do without the Windows key, one thing that you can do is to set "SW3" to "ON", and change the Windows key to a second FN key.  This way, at least an FN key and the Arrow keys are on the same (left) hand.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #213 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 08:09:50 »
I don't know about you guys but the MX Blues on this Poker 2 feel different (and better) than they do on other keyboards.

Offline ShivaYash

« Reply #214 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 09:49:15 »
London based GeekHacker here, and a relative newbie at that.

I am a FILCO user, well I was until now. My wife texted this morning while I was at school, 'your package has arrived'. Naturally she had no idea what this meant to me. As soon as I could finish up for the day, I zoomed home, soaked with the rain London is experiencing at the moment and ripped open this exciting and long awaited gift, to myself, for my 32nd birthday.

Guess what, I'd like to call it mechanical perfection... of course there are some caveats, like with everything in life, but its feels like an old friend. I drive a 18 year Mercedes-Benz E-Class and this too feels like an old friend, I have driven many of them in my relative young years. If you close your eyes behind the wheel of any E-Class, and place your hands on the wheel at 10 and 2pm, everything, switches, indicator stalks etc fall into place, and you can easily operate the car, without opening your eyes. This is exactly how this board feels to me. I am typing this and it feels like i've been using it for years. The layout for me is perfect... the feeling is great, a lovely sound, almost Topre in quality of sound in-fact, but I'll do a directly comparison with the HHKB tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you QT for organising this wonderful group buy - my first but certainly not my last. I think some o-rings will be needed fairly soon, but this board is great, highly recommended. There is no flex in the case, all looks straight, the keycaps are a lovely mid grey and the font is to personal preference, but I really like it. The 'enjoy your feeling' is clearly my only aesthetic gripe.

If I am feeling brave, I'll do a video review but for now, I will enjoy my new toy and of course, this little beauty will travel with me, everything I go. The only point for me getting a 60% board.

With kindest regards to all,
ShivaYash
London

Offline ShivaYash

« Reply #215 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 10:38:11 »
I've just found a small number of o-rings in my desk drawer, some spares from WASD when I ordered a set for my FILCO.

All I can say is WOW, they really do make a wonderful difference, at the moment I only have enough for the character keys but I'll order a set immediately, and advise that others, should they be so inclined, do the same.

I realise that many if not all already know the benefits of o-rings, I guess I am just over excited with this little board at the moment.  :-[

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #216 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 19:05:25 »
London based GeekHacker here, and a relative newbie at that.

I am a FILCO user, well I was until now. My wife texted this morning while I was at school, 'your package has arrived'. Naturally she had no idea what this meant to me. As soon as I could finish up for the day, I zoomed home, soaked with the rain London is experiencing at the moment and ripped open this exciting and long awaited gift, to myself, for my 32nd birthday.

Guess what, I'd like to call it mechanical perfection... of course there are some caveats, like with everything in life, but its feels like an old friend. I drive a 18 year Mercedes-Benz E-Class and this too feels like an old friend, I have driven many of them in my relative young years. If you close your eyes behind the wheel of any E-Class, and place your hands on the wheel at 10 and 2pm, everything, switches, indicator stalks etc fall into place, and you can easily operate the car, without opening your eyes. This is exactly how this board feels to me. I am typing this and it feels like i've been using it for years. The layout for me is perfect... the feeling is great, a lovely sound, almost Topre in quality of sound in-fact, but I'll do a directly comparison with the HHKB tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you QT for organising this wonderful group buy - my first but certainly not my last. I think some o-rings will be needed fairly soon, but this board is great, highly recommended. There is no flex in the case, all looks straight, the keycaps are a lovely mid grey and the font is to personal preference, but I really like it. The 'enjoy your feeling' is clearly my only aesthetic gripe.

If I am feeling brave, I'll do a video review but for now, I will enjoy my new toy and of course, this little beauty will travel with me, everything I go. The only point for me getting a 60% board.

With kindest regards to all,
ShivaYash
London
Please do a video review! I have been trying to find a video review for some time now, I'm ready to pick one up once they become available at mechanicalkeyboards.com!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline DubbTom

« Reply #217 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 19:08:06 »
Does anyone else's Poker II wobble when placed on a flat surface?
poker II

Offline therecorder

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 28 May 2013, 20:35:09 »

Thanks Qtan!

Look at the guide that you linked me to...  If you use the arrow keys a lot, and can do without the Windows key, one thing that you can do is to set "SW3" to "ON", and change the Windows key to a second FN key.  This way, at least an FN key and the Arrow keys are on the same (left) hand.

You can also turn "SW1" (and "SW3")) to "ON",  which will make "CapsLock" = "Fn", and "Win" = "CapsLock".

Offline cpt_Tenkes

« Reply #219 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 02:28:17 »
Is there a guide to tell what the SW switches exactly do?

Offline therecorder

« Reply #220 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 03:09:14 »
Does the keyboard come with an English guide (or layout), or, if not, does someone know where to download one?
http://cl.ly/0Z2B3n2u3m0k
Credit to Rhinofeed, as I found it in his unboxing video, and Marin, who is apparently the original source.

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #221 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 03:09:25 »
Yes, in the manual, have a look: http://cl.ly/0Z2B3n2u3m0k

Mine doesn't wobble, straight on the table. Had that "problem" with Poker I though.
The other guy explained what to do:
just apply torsion to the case to level it nicely, but don't break the keyboard :D apply low force

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #222 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 09:09:38 »
Thanks for the tips therecorder, but I use my win key quite a lot. Fn + wasd seems to be working out quite nicely for me. I'm starting to get used to the brown switches, but I regret not getting one with blacks instead.

Offline therecorder

« Reply #223 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 09:19:36 »
Thanks for the tips therecorder, but I use my win key quite a lot. Fn + wasd seems to be working out quite nicely for me. I'm starting to get used to the brown switches, but I regret not getting one with blacks instead.

You're welcome...  You can always sell the browns, and buy one with blacks...  Qtang has more in stock, at about the same price as it was in the GB.

Offline ShivaYash

« Reply #224 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 17:49:54 »
Does anyone else's Poker II wobble when placed on a flat surface?
Nope mine is fine on a flat surface... my desk is the issue! Its an old dining table with a few too many owners. Its on its last legs, literally.

Offline numerus

• Happy go lucky
« Reply #225 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 13:37:22 »
Just gotta my Poker II with MX Broun! Many THX Qtan !!!
I m really very Imprest from the quallity of the Keyboard  :eek: i think its one of my best ever I really Loe it  :p  :cool:
KBC Poker II | HPE 87% | FILCO Majestouch 2 | Cherry G81-3000 | Marquardt MK | CM NovaTouch TKL | POK3R 

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #226 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 13:52:58 »
Someone do a video review! Pretty please!  ;D
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline SNF

« Reply #227 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 14:18:12 »
Mine just came today! Lovin' it!

Noob Question : How do I swap ctrl with capslock?

and is it better to use the built-in program to re-program the keys or a software like AutoHotKey?

thx.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 May 2013, 15:10:22 by SNF »

Offline ShivaYash

« Reply #228 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 14:21:37 »
Rhinofeed did a video. Scroll a few pages back.

Offline kernelpanic

« Reply #229 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 10:18:12 »
Mine can be shipped now aswell, i sent you a PM qtan.

Offline cpt_Tenkes

« Reply #230 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 07:03:14 »
Anyone tried to "led up" already?

I don't know about you guys but the MX Blues on this Poker 2 feel different (and better) than they do on other keyboards.

Is it may be because the switches are upside down? I dont know if you noticed it or how it is usually positioned, but for me the cherry word are on the down side with the fonts heads down. So the place of the leds are on the upper side not like normally - I saw on some pictures - under the switch.

I just noticed it today while looked for some leds to add.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 June 2013, 07:31:16 by cpt_Tenkes »

Offline developej

« Reply #231 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 09:45:51 »
mine came to the local post-office, gonna pick it up today i hope! \o/

Offline kernelpanic

« Reply #232 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 13:34:47 »
To the German buyers: Which deliverer has brought you the keyboard? UPS, Fedex, DHL?

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #233 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 13:59:21 »
Is it may be because the switches are upside down? I dont know if you noticed it or how it is usually positioned, but for me the cherry word are on the down side with the fonts heads down. So the place of the leds are on the upper side not like normally - I saw on some pictures - under the switch.

I just noticed it today while looked for some leds to add.

Yep, I noticed that either.

To the German buyers: Which deliverer has brought you the keyboard? UPS, Fedex, DHL?

Flytexpress: http://flytexpress.com/EnIndex.aspx

Offline developej

« Reply #234 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 14:03:05 »
aaaand i picked it up :)
i must say it feels really, really good, much better than my pure. its a lot heavier though, but feels good. loving the sound of blues :)

quick question - am i doing something wrong or you can't program caps lock to act as ctrl?

edit: also, i noticed slight imperfections on keycaps - i must say don't look quite new...
there are scratches on 't' 'i' 'h' and 'space' has some weird bumps...it's all tiny, but visible under good lighting

so, did i get used keycaps or what?
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2013, 15:30:29 by developej »

Offline cpt_Tenkes

« Reply #235 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 15:35:51 »

I bought some today.
Well I hate to say that, but it isnt going as expected. I can confirm that those led spaces are wired, because I could get some work, but only when they were with the original long "legs". When I try to cut them, to fit into position I simply cant find the right position again. Even disassembled the whole case to see the pcb. We cant solder it or anything. So at the moment I have no idea how to solve it. May be someone has.
Please share it then.

Offline kernelpanic

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 01:57:57 »

Flytexpress: http://flytexpress.com/EnIndex.aspx

Didn't know that these guys will come to your door aswell, thought they just bring it into the country.

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #237 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 03:53:52 »
Mostly, FedEx will carrier it to your door.

about the caps problem, I have no idea, it won't be any used caps at all, since it is just released. I think after you used for a while, it will go.
Look for Keyboard? Check my offers. I have most major keyboard and some caps for you, if you don\'t see it there, ask me. I am Top rated seller on eBay now, and have retail store in China selling keyboard and other gaming staffs.

My eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/E-sports-Gaming-equipments?_rdc=1

My store(lower price than eBay): http://www.keyboardwow.com

Offline HongKongFui

• No, you couldn't
« Reply #238 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 03:59:22 »
oops sorry, of course that's true. It was a FedEx guy ringing my doorbell bringing the small beauty :)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 04:01:09 »

I bought some today.
Well I hate to say that, but it isnt going as expected. I can confirm that those led spaces are wired, because I could get some work, but only when they were with the original long "legs". When I try to cut them, to fit into position I simply cant find the right position again. Even disassembled the whole case to see the pcb. We cant solder it or anything. So at the moment I have no idea how to solve it. May be someone has.
Please share it then.

Not sure I fully understand you. Maybe you missed the obvious. LEDs have polarity, so you must mount the leads into the correct hole and solder before it can work. Obviously you'll have to remove solder from all the holes first before you can push the leads through. Hopefully you didn't overlook this.

Offline developej

« Reply #240 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 04:03:54 »
about the caps problem, I have no idea, it won't be any used caps at all, since it is just released. I think after you used for a while, it will go.

i hope so...it's not that it is big of a deal since it is visible only under very good light, but knowing that they are new and scratched is kinda annoying :)

i must say this again - it is SO much better than my pure. this plate really does wonders (i never had a keyboard with a plate before) and this mx blues...man, that sound is soooo good :)
i am not sure about pbt though...my pure has abs and while it does feel cheaper than pbt, i think i like it more (for now). pbt has this graininess and i don't like it (for now).

i still haven't figured out how to map ctrl to caps and caps to ctrl, ideas? but i would like to be on the keyboard, not autohotkey/xmodmap

Offline cpt_Tenkes

« Reply #241 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 04:34:36 »
Not sure I fully understand you. Maybe you missed the obvious. LEDs have polarity, so you must mount the leads into the correct hole and solder before it can work. Obviously you'll have to remove solder from all the holes first before you can push the leads through. Hopefully you didn't overlook this.

I told I could get them work, but only when they had still long legs. On the other hand I did not do any desoldering. I have just disassembled the case and checked the pcb. The whole had iron on them. So I tought the space is right to fit the led into without much trouble. That desoldering move sounds a little scary to me, because I do not have much experience in it. I have some stuff for it, but I only attached some cables together for the my psu wiring so far. I fear that desoldering require way more skill. :(

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #242 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 04:46:31 »
Well I just now desoldered a few holes, the LEDs inserted fine, and they light up fine. The length of the LED leads shouldn't affect if they work or not, so you must be doing something wrong, or you damaged the LEDs with you clipped the leads.

Offline cpt_Tenkes

« Reply #243 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 04:51:55 »
Well I just now desoldered a few holes, the LEDs inserted fine, and they light up fine. The length of the LED leads shouldn't affect if they work or not, so you must be doing something wrong, or you damaged the LEDs with you clipped the leads.

So you say desolder first, plug the led and solder back again? I need to start improve my handcraft.

You may have better contact if the leds are not cut as you have a plain ending of the wires then. If you cut them and just put them in you will most likely not have any contact. It may be possible to insert the leds and heat up the two soldered holes simultaniously and then push trough, then you may not have to desolder.

That sounds good. I am just a little worried that I might f**k up my whole board in my efforts. :S
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2013, 05:10:50 by cpt_Tenkes »

Offline kernelpanic

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 05:01:25 »
You may have better contact if the leds are not cut as you have a plain ending of the wires then. If you cut them and just put them in you will most likely not have any contact. It may be possible to insert the leds and heat up the two soldered holes simultaniously and then push trough, then you may not have to desolder.

Offline kernelpanic

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 05:24:55 »
Aiaiai, qtan just has shipped my keyboard. So excited  :D

Offline kernelpanic

« Reply #246 on: Fri, 07 June 2013, 10:22:37 »
Keyboard arrived, thank you qtan! Best service I have experienced for a long time!